• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Squire

Banned
UA was OK
NA was good
A-Force had a great ending. Just totally fun and sweet

Also, that book is gorgeous. Every time I start a new issue of it I think "This book is gorgeous!"

Molina is the current best Avengers artist, easily.

Hagi

I know exactly what you're talking about. There's a term for it.

I knew a Figuregaf alumna such as yourself would know. I didn't say what it was because I can't have people googling it on my conscience lol

Chewbacca was fun! it looks amazing, the story is light but it's everything I wanted and expected. The opening crawl was great lol

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I dont want to know what he and Han were up to on the lonely nights on the Falcon before they meet Luke, Obi Wan and Leia.

There has to be fan fiction!

Drayco21

Spider-Man 2099 seemed really mediocre. Hopefully it picks up in the next couple issues, because Peter David don't usually steer me wrong.

Hagi

I dont want to know what he and Han were up to on the lonely nights on the Falcon before they meet Luke, Obi Wan and Leia.

There has to be fan fiction!

tumblr_mq6y60virI1so026bo1_500.gif

The only reason I got Uncanny Avengers was for Peter and Johnny hijinks.
Just ugh

I feel bad for laughing but I had the same reaction. Wade and Johnny though, that will be a thing probably.

Drayco21

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really liked Uncanny Avengers- I'm not digging Duggan's new style much, but I love the team dynamics.

And I'm sure it won't be long until Spider-Man is back on the roster. I mean, he's even got an ongoing teaming up with Deadpool coming soon, they'll work out this out.

Zombine

Banned
huh did not know that Waid and Samnee did a Rocketeer book together, will definitely have to look for that.

Yup and it's amazing.

Between that and Hellcat, good things are definitely continuing to come out of Marvel.

After getting to watch them all speak in person I got the idea that they genuinely want to create a Marvel brand moving forward that includes everyone.

Hagi

Yup and it's amazing.

I love the movie but have never really looked into the comics. Amazon has it for like £8 though so I'll gladly pay that for some more of the dream team goodness and maybe it will stir something in me and I'll look into other comics.

So I got an x-o man of war figure, valiant bloodshot deluxe, and armor hunters deluxe. I'd there a specific valiant you guys are talking about? Seems like there's tons.

I've been on a Walking Dead tear lately. One more volume and a few issues and I'll be caught up for the first time ever. Fuck trade waiting. It's my favorite series. I am giving in to my need to be current.

About to start volume 24.
Man, it was nice to see everyone happy for about 5 minutes after the war. That was quite sweet. I dig this new whisper stuff, though I really wish it hadn't been spoiled for me in this thread. I'm gullible enough that I might have thought the zombies were actually starting to recover language. I love Carl taking off. I do enjoy him and his idiocy. Love seeing how kick ass Sophia has become. Wish Maggie's kid was named after Glenn instead of Hershal, but whatevs.
Stoked to read more.

Boogiepop

does Y The Last Man "work" as a tv show? because its coming to FX aparently

Oh nice. Realized it'd be a great fit for that when I saw a trailer or whatever a while back for some random thing I thought was Y, and then it was just some other generic junk. Anyway, yay!

Squire

Banned
After getting to watch them all speak in person I got the idea that they genuinely want to create a Marvel brand moving forward that includes everyone.

Awesome. It seems to be working for them to start. Better than I'd hoped. Pretty excited to read Waid Avengers next month. That Vision story last week was pretty solid.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've been on a Walking Dead tear lately. One more volume and a few issues and I'll be caught up for the first time ever. Fuck trade waiting. It's my favorite series. I am giving in to my need to be current.

I just read #103 and #104.

Oh Carl.....is all I'll say about that.

Zombine

Banned

About to start volume 24.
Man, it was nice to see everyone happy for about 5 minutes after the war. That was quite sweet. I dig this new whisper stuff, though I really wish it hadn't been spoiled for me in this thread. I'm gullible enough that I might have thought the zombies were actually starting to recover language. I love Carl taking off. I do enjoy him and his idiocy. Love seeing how kick ass Sophia has become. Wish Maggie's kid was named after Glenn instead of Hershal, but whatevs.
Stoked to read more.

I'm sorry if I aided in spoiling that. It threw everyone through a loop for the longest time.

Not feeling the ANAD today. I thought Cap was just okay...I dig the supporting cast a lot and the subject matter is interesting but the villains were ridiculous caricatures and the internal monologue was stale. UA just sucked, nuff said. NA was pretty good but I can't stand the way Sandoval is drawing Squirrel Girl.

Just 2099 and GotG left, hoping one of them will surprise me.

Pappasman

Is Gwen 1 out yet? That series was really hyped but I thought the few issues that were released were pretty bad. I'm wondering if the new run will be any better.

Sadist

Walking Dead #147 is great. Nothing much to add.

Ms. Marvel #19 was sweet. Will be be back for the re-launch. Civi War #5 was very enjoyable. Captain America was fun. The two new Avengers books were... hmmm. Uncanny is hit. New has potential, but the artstyle isn't working for me.

Owzers

If i exchange my Harley statue to amazon....

Reason for return/exchange: Unsatisfactory crotch.

they'll understand, right?

Messi

Is Gwen 1 out yet? That series was really hyped but I thought the few issues that were released were pretty bad. I'm wondering if the new run will be any better.

Try Silk instead. At least until she turns evil and you can drop it like I did. Fuck didio.

Neoxon

Uncanny Avengers Spoilers! No, seriously.

The "parts unknown" wording from the reporter's question to Rogue seem to imply that that the one Bleeding Cool rumor about the mutants leaving the planet was at one point true but has since changed (comic rumors are the only thing that BC is remotely decent for). As for the whole Terrigen infection, couldn't Rogue absorb a non-mutant's healing ability & solve the Terrigen infection problem? Though I suppose Rogue's Captain Marvel powers (& Kree DNA) is delaying the effects.

Hey sillymonkey, I checked with my comic guy today, and the Batwoman Bombshell has a current release date of 10/28. At least until she gets delayed again. Catwoman Bombshell is next week as of now.

Try Silk instead. At least until she turns evil and you can drop it like I did. Fuck didio.

Messi just lashing out randomly about THE SINISTER SILK.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Or they just disappear like in lost their powers or died.
Man, thats nothing you change in a couple of months. Most of the first issues if the books where most likely already finished when they were revealed.
You are reading to much into this.

Neoxon

Or they just disappear like in lost their powers or died.
You'd think that they would just say "the mutants are dying" rather than saying "they went off to parts unknown". Sure, it works, but the latter is unnecessarily vague. And looking at the panels of Extraordinary X-Men, it's becoming clear that the mutants are dying. Though there is the disappearance of Emma, Scott, & a few other key mutants to consider.

Owzers

Hey sillymonkey, I checked with my comic guy today, and the Batwoman Bombshell has a current release date of 10/28. At least until she gets delayed again. Catwoman Bombshell is next week as of now.

Messi just lashing out randomly about THE SINISTER SILK.

that wouldn't be a bad release date since my dcbs shipment week is week 1, i'm lined up.

Top Bottom