• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Messi

Haven't read the issue yet but I'm still salty Remmender left this book and hasn't picked up anything new from Marvel. Is he gunna pull a Morrison and completely give up on hero books?

He left Marvel to work on his image books for a year I believe partially due to some illness in his family.

8XjBLpz

I respect his want to do creator owned books. Helps that they are all awesome.

Thank you guys for your kind words. It's been a difficult evening and it will continue to be difficult but I will keep going and keep my head up and support my family members.

Providence has been really awesome for me. I've seen people critical of it but it does exactly what I hoped for.

Anyone else have some thoughts on it?

Sandfox

Spider-Gwen was really bad and the art for New Avengers was distracting. Everything else had an interesting start though I have never been the biggest fan of Cap comics.

he'll be back

really weird to be bitching about Wade when they are getting their own team book
didn't care much for the writing in UA
That book is probably going to either take place after they patch things up or feature Spider-Man complaining about Deadpool like every other crossover they've had.
Try Silk instead. At least until she turns evil and you can drop it like I did. Fuck didio.

I think its pretty obvious at this point that Silk has some kind of ulterior motive possibly involving her family.

I was obviously joking about the millenials thing, but I have noticed a trend of people these days hating anime also hating artists like sandoval / joe mad etc. Its the same trend as people these days (fuck it, ill just say it, younger people) shouting "furry" at anything that is a antropomorphic animal, and my old ass is thinking "but...but...disney Robin Hood and what not, was that also furry?"

I like anime and thought the art was bad at times especially for characters like Squirrel Girl.

Neoxon

I wouldn't mind this actually

Guardians is my ANAD book of the week. What a great team and a terrific setup.
Did I hear that right? Did Bendis actually write a good Guardians comic? I was just gonna wait for Abnett's Guardians book to come out.

My uncle has been sick fir a while but my family were very evasive about what was wrong or flat out lied to us. My mother told me just a while ago that he is terminally ill with cancer and they have just stopped treating him. Not sending him to a hospice. They expect him to pass away in the next 24-48 hours. I am going tomorrow morning to see him and hope he is still with us. Please keep him in your thoughts tonight. I hope he is comfortable. :(
Fuck cancer

Anyway, as stated before, you have my condolences.

Squire

Banned
Captain America was very good! I love how political it is and I much prefer Soencer's way of writing Sam to Remender's.

Love interest stuff:
The stuff with Misty is interesting in light of what Zombine said earlier. Looks like Sam might already have a thing for Jane.

She only has a few lines, I liked it though she has a pretty cool moment that I have no idea how it worked. She actually suits the new costume. Having not read Bendis GotG since Trial of Jean Grey I can happily say I'll be sticking with this space romp.

Huh, alright. I'll keep an eye it than. Might check it out once 2-3 issues are out. Thanks!

My uncle has been sick fir a while but my family were very evasive about what was wrong or flat out lied to us. My mother told me just a while ago that he is terminally ill with cancer and they have just stopped treating him. Not sending him to a hospice. They expect him to pass away in the next 24-48 hours. I am going tomorrow morning to see him and hope he is still with us. Please keep him in your thoughts tonight. I hope he is comfortable. :(

Very sorry to hear that. I also lost someone to cancer. They didn't get the care they needed either.

Vyer

Really sorry Messi. :(

mreddie

*hugs*

Man I realized I'm like 2-3 months behind in comic reading. Broke the cycle and didn't buy more discounted books. Added them to a wish list and will buy once I catch up. Even discounted they can get cheaper in a sale if this backlog persists.

I bought it but I haven't read it yet. Will report in.

Oh, I liked it. I liked it a lot. Skottie Young fans, prepare for a glorious feast. Reminded me of Lil AvX so much....did Young write that one, too? Because it's a lot like that book in tone and style except gory and with more detailed, lovely Young art. The pages just pop from beginning to end.

The story is whimsical and light....took me ten minutes to read it but I'm about to go through it again so I can enjoy that art some more. There's some really great panels in here. I laughed out loud at one in particular I won't spoil.

Recommended.

BBboy20

Jesus. :( *hugs*

Messi

Oh, I liked it. I liked it a lot. Skottie Young fans, prepare for a glorious feast. Reminded me of Lil AvX so much....did Young write that one, too? Because it's a lot like that book in tone and style except gory and with more detailed, lovely Young art. The pages just pop from beginning to end.

The story is whimsical and light....took me ten minutes to read it but I'm about to go through it again so I can enjoy that art some more. There's some really great panels in here. I laughed out loud at one in particular I won't spoil.

Recommended.

Yep he wrote it.

Shit, I'm sorry, man. :(

That sucks, man. Sorry to hear it.

Starfire was really good. Jimmy and Amanda have solidified themselves as fun storytellers.

Batman and Robin Eternal was decent. Grayson had some funny lines in this issue. Cool Tim and Dick moment. I haven't read much Cass but her design is cool.

Not feeling Constantine anymore. I miss Ray Fawkes on the book. It took him awhile but he was starting to get it. Will be dropping it.

Just got an email saying Material #5 and #6 will be offered on a later date...

Kot can't catch a break

Sorry to hear that Messi.

Add my sympathy to the stack, Messi.

James Tynion/Ming Doyle writing and Riley Rossmo on art.

Interesting Rossmo doesn't carry it well enough. Love that dude's art. He did Drumheller and Sheltered, I believe. And I was under the impression this Tynion dude was a hot up and comer. *shrug* Maybe just a bad artist-character match up.

Owzers

Hmmmmm i am starting to tire of MGS 5, mainly going back to the same places and having them be refilled by guards and having either side-ops or missions doubling up on locations.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ales Kot...the Secret Avengers dude?

Well thats a shame :(

Does he have any ANAD or DC book on the way at least?

Messi

Starfire was really good. Jimmy and Amanda have solidified themselves as fun storytellers.

Batman and Robin Eternal was decent. Grayson had some funny lines in this issue. Cool Tim and Dick moment. I haven't read much Cass but her design is cool.

Not feeling Constantine anymore. I miss Ray Fawkes on the book. It took him awhile but he was starting to get it. Will be dropping it.

I have always felt jimmy was a fun storyteller even before Starfire and harley. Power Trip was fun for its entire run as was Amicomi Girls. Amecomi girls has some fun scenarios too. I wish more people would use that version of duella.

mreddie

New Avengers: White Tiger doesn't get Squirrel Girl? Really?

Uncanny Avengers: LOL
Spidey left already

Sam Wilson: Off to a great start and I'm not just saying that because the majority is set in Phoenix.

Ms. Marvel: FEELS

Owzers

how normal is it for statues to have small paint bumps? I just noticed one on Harley's chin....and it bugs me. It's not as bad as the wonder woman sword one i had to sand down or face the consequences because it was a bump of the wrong color paint, but it's not ideal.

Same here brah

Wish me luck brahs, I hope all of you are with me in spirit. Rafa's going swing dancing!

Also I realized I was more depressed than I was. its why I haven't read comics in months(not even my beloved Cyborg), I should've taken it as a warning sign, but when you are depressed everything just seems to have a normalcy to it that is hard to describe. I'm going to see a psychiatrist in the next week or so, so I can rejoin this community.

As R Kelly said.
"There are miracles in life I must achieve but first I know it starts inside of me."
I hope everything goes well for you my dude.

:(
I'm sorry to hear that Messi. My heart goes out to you.

Messi

how normal is it for statues to have small paint bumps? I just noticed one on Harley's chin....and it bugs me. It's not as bad as the wonder woman sword one i had to sand down or face the consequences because it was a bump of the wrong color paint, but it's not ideal.

Man.. You need to stop buying statues.

Top Bottom