• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

So...is the general consensus that Bruce will get back into the game...for the kids? I want a married Bruce Wayne whose wife isnt Jezebel Jet.

Edit: I feel like Snyder Joker would be wayyyy worse with post Endgame Gotham with kids playing a more active role.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So...is the general consensus that Bruce will get back into the game...for the kids? I want a married Bruce Wayne whose wife isnt Jezebel Jet.

Edit: I feel like Snyder Joker would be wayyyy worse with post Endgame Gotham with kids playing a more active role.

No. Think way darker.

No. Think way darker.

On the return? I feel like if its not the kids, the gf will die or she will have some latent Joker Toxin and start laughing.

Is it only me who sees Mr Bloom and is reminded, in body language, of Mistah J? Before his tendril hands kill people ofc.

For the first time since I fell seriously into comics via The Walking Dead, I'm completely up to date on the title. Feels so... Strange. There was always more of it just waiting to be read. This is a good peek into what it will feel like when the series ends.

So, a teen boy gets laid and it's the final nail in the coffin; What's left of the world will end. Makes an odd kind of sense. Rick should have fessed up to his people about Carl going after Lydia. Hilltop was warned away from invading their land and Carl ignored it which lead to what followed. There's responsibility there. Stupid fucking Carl. With his temper and impulsiveness, he should go run the Saviours. Also, I can't believe Maggie killed Gregory. I kind of love it but damn, I don't know. All these people have lost their damn minds. Except for Queen Andrea, of course. And.. Neegan, maybe? Normally I'd add Jesus to the sane people list but suggesting they kill Gregory did not make sense.

He really doesn't have much luck with sales. Then again, from a career standpoint, he probably isn't doing himself any favors going so hard on trippy metaphysical stuff. Might be valuable to have something more mainstream (although not in a way that betrays his interests) in his ongoing catalog to bring in new fans. Build up a base, and then lead them to the crazier material.

He says he'll say more about the reasons behind the cancelation soon. Also, maybe some vague possibility of doing an OGN someday.

He's family rich so I don't really see him flexing to mainstream tbh rn

anaron

My uncle has been sick fir a while but my family were very evasive about what was wrong or flat out lied to us. My mother told me just a while ago that he is terminally ill with cancer and they have just stopped treating him. Not sending him to a hospice. They expect him to pass away in the next 24-48 hours. I am going tomorrow morning to see him and hope he is still with us. Please keep him in your thoughts tonight. I hope he is comfortable. :(

really sorry to hear this. :(

my thoughts are with you and your family.

Zombine

Banned
For the first time since I fell seriously into comics via The Walking Dead, I'm completely up to date on the title. Feels so... Strange. There was always more of it just waiting to be read. This is a good peek into what it will feel like when the series ends.

So, a teen boy gets laid and it's the final nail in the coffin; What's left of the world will end. Makes an odd kind of sense. Rick should have fessed up to his people about Carl going after Lydia. Hilltop was warned away from invading their land and Carl ignored it which lead to what followed. There's responsibility there. Stupid fucking Carl. With his temper and impulsiveness, he should go run the Saviours. Also, I can't believe Maggie killed Gregory. I kind of love it but damn, I don't know. All these people have lost their damn minds. Except for Queen Andrea, of course. And.. Neegan, maybe? Normally I'd add Jesus to the sane people list but suggesting they kill Gregory did not make sense.

Really kind of a nice way to put it.
These people are broken, and I honestly believe that we're more or less watching a Lord of The Flies situation play out. They're playing civilization, but their actions are those of the Protestants during the Salem Witch trials. Kill first, ask questions later.

And holy shit...Eugine? Dude's story is coming to an end real quick.

How about when Rick officially said that he was happier with Andrea now than he ever was with Laurie? We knew that was coming, but to actually hear it was sooooo good.

Man, so within the first 40 or so issues of Fantastic Four they've introduced

The Skrull
The Kree
Silver Surfer
The Sentry
The Watcher
Galacticus
Dr. Doom

Mental.

It's just a shame Reed Richards never seems to get hurt enough for my liking, he's the most unlikable 'Hero' going so far.

kmfdmpig

Not strictly comics, but Fantastic Four supposedly back at Marvel.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/fan...ic-four-back-at-marvel-movie-planned-for-2020

That's good news if true, although I'd be surprised if they make a new FF movie so soon as it takes some time for toxicity to wear off a franchise that's been tainted (look at the long gap between Batman and Robin and Batman Begins, for example).

It sure opens up a lot more possibilities for villains and space based stories for all of Marvel if true though.

well reed was supposed to have been slightly based on stan lee himself so thats probably why haha

Lol.

I have a Kirby/Lee F4 Omnibus. Its weird how crazy they were. Also i dont know if people saw it but i think IGN had an interview with Fiona Staples and Brian K Vaughn about Saga. Nothing particulalry juicy other than Staples just finished Witcher, wants CDPR to make a game set in Sagaverse and the next arc will have more urban scenes. Shes also only just started issue 31.

Edit: Part of me wants MCU over after Infinity War rather than ruin it but F4, Doom and the Big G would get me psyched again. I feel like after Thanos IG they cant have the final boss be human sized/humanoid.

Pirabear

Banned
Is Comixology considered the best digital comic marketplace? I'm looking at the iOS page and noticing a bunch of negative reviews..

Owzers

Oh, thought it was something much worse, thanks. Currently don't have the space to collect and I prefer digital media anyway.
Negative reviews might have been from removing being able to purchase comics through the app, you have to buy from the website and then can read through app.

"Here's your license back. Oh yeah, we wiped our ass with it before setting it on fire. Don't worry, we put the fire out by peeing on it. Here ya go."

Tizoc

Nah, just Hickman's.

Which I also hated, btw.

Mostly because of the aformentioned asshole Richards.

Read the Mark Waid run.
Not so it might change your view on Reed, but because you need more good F4 in your life.
It had a Spidey and Torch team up for frag's sake
Spider-Sense-F4-04.jpg

Negative reviews might have been from removing being able to purchase comics through the app, you have to buy from the website and then can read through app.

I recently downloaded the app and thought I was being dumb by not seeing how to do this. Why was this done?

is it worth signing up for marvel unlimited? Do they do special offers on a year subscription?

I recently downloaded the app and thought I was being dumb by not seeing how to do this. Why was this done?

is it worth signing up for marvel unlimited? Do they do special offers on a year subscription?

1) Because Amazonk owns CMX and doesn't want to give a Apple a cut of comics sales

2) If you like SD, non-fixed width landscape comics reading (basically you're reading all your comics digest sized and printed on a toilet bowl seat cover)

Mindwipe

Because otherwise they have to give Apple 30% of their revenue, and Apple can arbitrarily censor anything they sell through the app. It was the correct decision, but people were mad at the wrong party.

Marvel Unlimited has a terrible app, but the service is amazing. I think there's a discount if you buy a year. Sometimes they do offers.

1) Because Amazonk owns CMX and doesn't want to give a Apple a cut of comics sales

2) If you like SD, non-fixed width landscape comics reading (basically you're reading all your comics digest sized and printed on a toilet bowl seat cover)

Because otherwise they have to give Apple 30% of their revenue, and Apple can arbitrarily censor anything they sell through the app. It was the correct decision, but people were mad at the wrong party.

Marvel Unlimited has a terrible app, but the service is amazing. I think there's a discount if you buy a year. Sometimes they do offers.

Thanks, that first point makes total sense now.

I have an iPad air 2, so all the comics on marvel unlimited are not 'HD'? That's crap if true!

Read the Mark Waid run.
Not so it might change your view on Reed, but because you need more good F4 in your life.
It had a Spidey and Torch team up for frag's sake

Seconded.

Read Waid's run at the start of the year. It's not my favourite ever but it's pretty solid and he does his Doom story and things about Galactus etc but it's clear he gets the characters.

Owzers

Thanks, that first point makes total sense now.

I have an iPad air 2, so all the comics on marvel unlimited are not 'HD'? That's crap if true!

I use MU on my ipad air 2, it's serviceable reading in portrait mode but you do get accustomed to cmx hd resolution. The value is great though, hard to pass up if you want to read a lot of comics at a low price.

Top Bottom