• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Busaiku

Did Nick Jr. ever really get major billing before Secret Wars?
Not really too familiar with him, so is him being director a big change?

Starfire was really good. Jimmy and Amanda have solidified themselves as fun storytellers.

Batman and Robin Eternal was decent. Grayson had some funny lines in this issue. Cool Tim and Dick moment. I haven't read much Cass but her design is cool.

Not feeling Constantine anymore. I miss Ray Fawkes on the book. It took him awhile but he was starting to get it. Will be dropping it.

I haven't read Eternal this week but Cass is great. I think you would really enjoy her solo book.

Messi

Good call. You'll love her.

Decide on whether or not to pull together some Messi money for the Yamato Womder Woman yet?

I can't go back into the store where i order order those statues. Some stuff was said by the owner when I lost my job about cancelling Pre-orders for next year.

Maybe I'll wait for Ivy.

Drayco21

The last couple issues have really turned my opinion on Ms. Marvel. Good stuff- I'll keep giving it a go when it relaunches.

Guardians of the Galaxy was an abject fucking dumpster fire, so I guess it was just another Bendis Cosmic book I keep reading because I hate myself or something.

New Avengers was pretty much perfect; great cast, gorgeous art, Ewing's continuity work is still phenomenal, and so many perfect little touches.

Still need to read Batman and Robin Eternal and Cap, but this has been a pretty solid week so far.

I can't go back into the store where i order order those statues. Some stuff was said by the owner when I lost my job about cancelling Pre-orders for next year.

Maybe I'll wait for Ivy.

Wait, did he give you a hard time about it? Sounds like a shitty person. I've heard stories like that about Midtown Comics, too. Just pre-order online from a place that allows cancellations. I never buy statues through local comic shops.

mreddie

He essentially told me to fuck off.

latest

Messi

Wait, did he give you a hard time about it? Sounds like a shitty person. I've heard stories like that about Midtown Comics, too. Just pre-order online from a place that allows cancellations. I never buy statues through local comic shops.

You live in the USA. It's much harder to do that here and not pay tax out the ass on imports. If import office catches it they charge 30% on the total cost. That is significant on 250$ Most of my statues come from dcbs now tho. He gave me shit over taking 50 off scarlet Witch hot toy. Little does he know that cost him all my future hot toy business. Not insignificant with batman and suicide squad, cap coming up.

Squire

Banned
Did Nick Jr. ever really get major billing before Secret Wars?
Not really too familiar with him, so is him being director a big change?

He was in Secret Avengers when Sorncer wrote it. Maybe other things, but I wouldn't know. Hill was director for a real life decade. I'd call it a pretty notable change, yeah.

Just read New Avengers.

I liked it! Fun start to this book. I like the cast so I'm down for me.

You never disappoint me. 👍

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
XkZWeH7.png

Oh, well there you go
He really doesn't have much luck with sales. Then again, from a career standpoint, he probably isn't doing himself any favors going so hard on trippy metaphysical stuff. Might be valuable to have something more mainstream (although not in a way that betrays his interests) in his ongoing catalog to bring in new fans. Build up a base, and then lead them to the crazier material.

He says he'll say more about the reasons behind the cancelation soon. Also, maybe some vague possibility of doing an OGN someday.

What's the best ANAD book out so far? I have a hankering go get into the new Marvel U. I'm thinking Dr. Strange. I've got Karnak preordered for next week.

Drayco21

What's the best ANAD book out so far? I have a hankering go get into the new Marvel U. I'm thinking Dr. Strange. I've got Karnak preordered for next week.

Strange seems to be the most widely liked. My personal favorite so far would have to be New and Uncanny Avengers, if the art style doesn't turn you away from them, though.

So far, the only book I've straight-up disliked out of All-New has been Guardians. Even Bendis managed a good book with Iron Man, and books I didn't like before they relauched like Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen are way better than they were before so far.

Owzers

i don't pay attention to tv news yet i like watching tv shows. *shrug*.

Patron decks in hearthstone got nuked, one down and three or four to go before my mediocre cards have a chance. Force of nature + Savage roar combo next please.

Squire

Banned
👌

Also just read Starfire #5. Love this book. It's always so fun every month. It reminds me of Power Girl a lot and that pleases me.

I have t read #5 yet, but I completely agree in general. Was just saying this to a friend that like Harley and PG Lat night.

Captain America. Seriously.

PsychBat!

Banned

Amazing Spider-Man. It's the best.
Guardians of the Galaxy was an abject fucking dumpster fire, so I guess it was just another Bendis Cosmic book I keep reading because I hate myself or something.

New Avengers was pretty much perfect; great cast, gorgeous art, Ewing's continuity work is still phenomenal, and so many perfect little touches.

I like you a lot.

Drayco21

Too many spiders and bats in comics today. The industry needs some pest control. And more romance comics.

There are never too many Bat-Family/Spider-Family members; they just need to be better at using them.

They should meet us half-way and give us a slice of life romance comic about spider-people and bat-people.

Furyous

How is New Avengers out today in some places and Secret Wars is still going on?

Can someone spoil me on New Avengers? I need a spoiler because
when did Sunspot become head of AIM? Why in the flaming fuck is Squirrel Girl and her sidekick a part of the Avengers?

Drayco21

How is New Avengers out today in some places and Secret Wars is still going on?

Can someone spoil me on New Avengers? I need a spoiler because
when did Sunspot become head of AIM? Why in the flaming fuck is Squirrel Girl and her sidekick a part of the Avengers?

Sunspot
bought AIM during the timeskip during Time Runs Out before Secret Wars. And Squirrel Girl is awesome and can solo Thanos, why not make her an Avenger?

Just read Hitch's JLA and that book has been solid from the get go. This issue is no different. Guy can write a suspenseful tale.

Also read Harley and it was its usual self, which is good. Sometimes amazed what they are aloud to get away with in a book like this.

ElNarez

Banned
Just read Hitch's JLA and that book has been solid from the get go. This issue is no different. Guy can write a suspenseful tale.

It looks fucking great, but issue #2 was hitting on the "everyone in the Justice League is a dummy except Batman" thing which is lazy and has been done better by others. Does it stop doing that? Because I'd really like to watch a master at work.

Furyous

Sunspot
bought AIM during the timeskip during Time Runs Out before Secret Wars. And Squirrel Girl is awesome and can solo Thanos, why not make her an Avenger?

When I think of the Avengers I think a Foxhound unit from Metal Gear as everyone is great. Squirrel Girl on the same team in as Hawkeye in active role strikes me as out of place. If Squirrel Girl is a member then Ganke needs an invite.

It looks fucking great, but issue #2 was hitting on the "everyone in the Justice League is a dummy except Batman" thing which is lazy and has been done better by others. Does it stop doing that? Because I'd really like to watch a master at work.

Hmm. It's not the cake, it's not icing, don't even think it's the sprinkles. If anything, it's the wax that drips from the candles. It's there but easily picked off.

VanWinkle

Oh man. Decided to start reading Batman and Robin volume 1 (new 52), and the whole beginning scene with the conversation between Bruce and Damian was amazing. Very well written.

Megatron

When I think of the Avengers I think a Foxhound unit from Metal Gear as everyone is great. Squirrel Girl on the same team in as Hawkeye in active role strikes me as out of place. If Squirrel Girl is a member then Ganke needs an invite.

Yeah, I say bring back the Great Lakes avengers and put squirrel girl on that.

Top Bottom