• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

I wouldn't advise buying star wars comic spin-offs, sooner or later they are going to make movies out of this universe and you should just wait for those.

I almost bought Chewbacca just for the investment. People love Star Wars. They love Chewbacca. Good chance that book goes up in value, especially if they do make movies based off the books. But at the end of the day, I'm a comic reader, not a collector, and I just don't want to read anything Star Wars. Could not be less interested.

Have any of the solo Star Wars series been good besides Vader? I read the first couple issues of Leia and thought it kinda sucked.

Leia wasn't great. Star Wars, Vader, Lando, Kanan and Shattered Empire have all been good to great.

Star Wars comics single-handedly saving the industry. Even more than Messi.

If you didn't buy Gilbert Hernandez and Darwyn Cookes Twilight Children this week, you easily missed the book of the week. That the easiest blind purchase of your life with those names. You see each panel and you shake your head at the genius of Cookes storytelling. Hernandez has a pretty cool premise here and I can't wait for the next issue.

Yay/Nay on me getting Absolute Court of Owls?
It's ish 1-11....
I feel it'd be cool but tbh I'd rather an Absolute Zero Year with its crazy weird gorgeous colours.

Hmm. May have answered my own question.

Monday apparently.

Really? NOICE.

I'm starting to get properly excited now. I got my Phasma POP today, it's probably my favourite of the ones I own now. She's on the top row of my display with SSJ Goku and Arkham Batman.

Are you really asking me about Star Wars news? You know who I am right?

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and I'm pretty desperate for another Star Wars trailer.

It's ish 1-11....
I feel it'd be cool but tbh I'd rather an Absolute Zero Year with its crazy weird gorgeous colours.

If you've already read them both, go for Zero Year. Court of Owls is fantastic, but visually Zero Year is much stronger, like you said.

Messi

It's ish 1-11....

They will likely give you the chance to own all of this run in absolute form by the end of it. I'd imagine Zero Year is a lock.

Not a fan of absolutes myself. I think they are a bit too big.

I'm getting it all in Absolute. That's my Batman.

If you've already read them both, go for Zero Year. Court of Owls is fantastic, but visually Zero Year is much stronger, like you said.

Yeah....I don't know if they're doing an Absolute Zero Year but out of current Batman it'd be THE arc to get one.ill think more about it but I may get absolute Court anyway because it's not the top tier price. Although next month Multiversity Deluxe and Sandman Overture Deluxe come out. Overtur should get an Absolute. I say that but it'd be expensive as :p

Ty tho

They will likely give you the chance to own all of this run in absolute form by the end of it. I'd imagine Zero Year is a lock.

Not a fan of absolutes myself. I think they are a bit too big.

Yeah, I can understand that. I only really go for it for story arcs I love...so I have Absolut Sinestro Corps War and....tbh many others. I should take a pic of the shelf :p I take Absolutes over obscene omnibus. Like he Infinite Crisis one that could sink a battleship.

Messi

Absolute Leather Bound Sunstone edition. Make it happen.

LeadingFirmLadybug.gif

itll never happen

VanWinkle

Batman and Robin Vol 1 was incredible. Man what a story. I haven't even read much Damian stuff, and superheroes aren't typically dads, so it was such an interesting dynamic going on there.

If you didn't buy Gilbert Hernandez and Darwyn Cookes Twilight Children this week, you easily missed the book of the week. That the easiest blind purchase of your life with those names. You see each panel and you shake your head at the genius of Cookes storytelling. Hernandez has a pretty cool premise here and I can't wait for the next issue.

Glad I pulled the trigger on this. I've been very selective on new titles, as I'm unemployed, and don't usually go with stories told through a child's perspective. But I just couldn't not get this. The talent was too strong
(and, if I'm honest, I could see it being optioned).

Oh man, I remember that. I'd just beat XCOM: Enemy Unknown as well, which was my favourite game for years, and followed it up with Halo 4, which was utterly disappointing. I didn't get my limited edition either, which in hindsight was not a good sign.

I didn't get the LE I pre-ordered for other reasons. That was the year that big ice storm hit the Northeastern US, and the Gamestop I initially pre-ordered it from had no power for like, two weeks after. Luckily I have 4 Gamestops within 25 minutes and just pre-ordered the standard edition at the last minute..... Which as it turns out wasn't as lucky as I thought.

Naw, this one's gonna be great.

I'm saving the link to this post for future use.

Fucking great story mode and thats what matters when it comes to Halo for me. Fuck the MP, they could cancel it if they want and make the SP longer.

I'm generally in the same boat. I'll play MP once in a while, but single player is what means the most to me in a game.

Read Chewbacca #1

it did nothing for me. I wonder how others felt about it. I thought maybe I could enjoy it via knowing him from popular culture. It wasn't confusing it was just kinda there. Notos art was wonderful and almost makes me want to buy the next issue. I hope he is on a superhero book again soon. Some Noto face of you have a problem with that.

I think it's because you're not a Star Wars fan
which makes you a terrible person.
How could you not love the Chewie BJ-face?

Glad I pulled the trigger on this. I've been very selective on new titles, as I'm unemployed, and don't usually go with stories told through a child's perspective. But I just couldn't not get this. The talent was too strong
(and, if I'm honest, I could see it being optioned).

Oh I could easily see this getting a film deal. At least with this first issue, wasn't told from a child's perspective.

I pick Fear of a Punk Planet for my book of the week. Just for the name. And it was 99 cents. The best price besides free. Well..25 cents is better but still. I don't know if it came out this week but Tim linked to it this week and I read it this week.

I read Shutter #1 this week also and I think I like it so it's not like it's all I read. You almost had it Shutter.

Don't go down the path of chasing OOP omnibuses. It is a dark and dangerous road. If it is more than cover price, it isn't worth it. Read digitally or at the library.
It's $125 I can get it for new which is MSRP. I'm not paying over that which is why I'll never consider x-force or something that is well over it. But yeah, that's too crazy of a path. Even more so if it's marvel since it's all on mcu.

I have a weird relationship to Wonder Woman. I like the character just fine, but I'm not crazy about her. Yet I own a bunch of Wonder Woman figures and statues. I think she's my spirit animal.

YEah...I'm not crazy about her but I love Greek Mythology and enjoyed AzzChang's run.

I'm not sure if she's untapped potential or I'm just 8/10 with her.

Top Bottom