• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Zombine

Banned
Must...spend...money...

tumblr_mont97fo7D1qbymseo2_500.gif

Busaiku

So far all the solo All New, All Different books have been good to great, while the team/multiple character books have been generally lame.

Spider-Man 2099 was the best book of the week. You must be malfunctioning, Ultron.

He didn't even get in the suit! He didn't even get close to putting on the suit.
Blahhhhhhh

edit: I just realized I used the word otherwise twice in the same sentence in my previous post, perhaps I am malfunctioning

Hagi

I might rate New Avengers slightly higher than Cap but otherwise we agree, though I loved the last couple pages of the otherwise-dull Spider-Man 2099 as well.

New Avengers is the only book I didn't get, not really interested in it for some reason. If it's well thought of I might get the trade next year. I think Ultimates and maybe Waids Avengers book are the only Avengers related series I'll follow monthly.

New Avengers is the only book I didn't get, not really interested in it for some reason. If it's well thought of I might get the trade next year. I think Ultimates and maybe Waids Avengers book are the only Avengers related series I'll follow monthly.

I will say the art is a little off-putting at times, particularly Squirrel Girl. Like when in her history has she ever had teeth the size of small boats, you don't just get to completely change the basic physical appearance of a character like that...ugh

But...but! The writing is tops.

Hagi

Messi what's the thing on the bottom left in the figure shelf underneath Harley and Joker? can't see shit captain. Surprising lack of rom coms in your movie shelf...

What cover do you have for Seconds? mine is just red.

Owzers

Messi, your photos are too blurry to check for paint problems on the statues. How many of those movies have you watched on your shelf?

Messi

Messi what's the thing on the bottom left in the figure shelf underneath Harley and Joker? can't see shit captain. Surprising lack of rom coms in your movie shelf...

What cover do you have for Seconds? mine is just red.

It's the EU statue fir Arkham city. It's plastic.

The seconds cover is the Barnes and Noble version

Messi, your photos are too blurry to check for paint problems on the statues. How many of those movies have you watched on your shelf?

Maybe... 1/2

Messi's collection makes my digital life feel less worth living.

Also, I would kill for boarded floors, but I live on the top floor so no chance.

I posted my one shelf awhile back. I don't have any art apart from this Michonne from Charlie Adlard (which my friend basically forced me to get, I was too nervous to talk much):

Yes, that is tape, it's since been rehung.

Quick and dirty of my POPs:

There's tons of those old paintings around the place, still haven't gotten around to taking them all down. The top part of my wardrobe is crammed with the fuckers.

My comic collection is:

-Justice League New Frontier
-Like 5 volumes of Atomic Robo
-A copy of the City of Heroes comic I got for subscribing way the hell back in middleschool
-A photo of my laptop.

Transformers: More than Meets the Eye is the obvious one. Almost 50 issues and still as great as ever. You only "need" Last Stand of the Wreckers for backstory, the older books were....varied in quality and Last Stand is one of the best Transformers stories of all time. Robots in Disguise (now just called The Transformers to avoid confusion with the new cartoon) is not nearly as good, but is the "main" TF book i.e the one most of the toys tie-in to and has been better since Dark Cybertron.

IDW's Ghostbusters is really underrated, IMO. The Total Containment and Mass Hysteria hardcovers cover most of it. There's also a TMNT crossover and The Ghostbusters Get Real, which is primarily the IDW team meeting the cartoon team, but spins out into Crisis on Infinite Ghostbusters in short order.

Also, with IDW, have to recommend Dungeons & Dragons from a few years back. There are three trades, plus it was reprinted as D&D: Fell's Five in omnibus form. Really good fantasy comics, no D&D knowledge required.

Lots of people will vouch for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as well, but I haven't kept up since CityFall. It was really good up to that point though.
Awesome. I read the old TMNT run. Some of it anyways. It was good but it got confusing what with all the black and white. I realized I dislike the cosmic TMNT stuff (triceratons and the like). I'll check it and obviously Transformers out.

Anyone read Samurai Jack, also? It piques my interest
wavy pages are the publishers' way of saying hello.
Best post

Sandfox

Not good? The GotG Book? The one by Bendis?

The comic book writer, Brian Micheal Bendis?

You're saying Brian Micheal Bendis wrote a bad GotG book?

Bendis?

Maybe one day he'll get an editor. And maybe he'll actually fucking read a Cosmic book other than his own eventually.
Who needs an editor when every book you write sells?

Can someone explain to me how Marvel's digital service works? Do they have same-day releases? I got the current Ms Marvel on my kindle (through Amazon), but 19 is not out yet in digital form.

VanWinkle

I wish comixology comics could be stored on microsd cards. My tablet only have 16GB (like 11GB usable), but I have a 64GB card that I don't really have much of anything to put on.

Top Bottom