• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

PsychBat!

Banned
Eh more than that but yea

Rv8lSrS.gif

JTripper

Poor quality photo, but this is my Batman collection right now. Pretty much running out of space. Only other character that comes anywhere near the number of Batman books I have is Daredevil, which is around half the size of my Batman collection. Expecting to get the Endgame hardcover soon since it's basically a sequel to Death of the Family.

12047541_10201216877940775_1092656944_n.jpg

Are any of the IDW books good right now? Or at all and at any point? I realized that Secret Identities was the last non-big two book I was reading, and I have a serious hard-on for some licensed/extended universe books that aren't Star Wars.

The current TMNT series is fantastic. Highly recommended. Transformers MTMTE is good too.

I posted my collection once, and it hasn't changed much but here are pictures. Last three are new:

I have a Power Girl print signed by Amanda Conner framed too. Forgot to take a picture but I've posted it before.

Owzers

The problem with all these collection photos is having to see so many comics in one place. I don't come here to think about comic books people. Where else on gaf am i going to get to see Olivia Wilde gifs?

Okay, fine, comics....I'm midway into issue #3 of Squirrel Girl and it's definitely growing on me and becoming a favorite in the MU-tier, not sure if it will graduate to monthly buying if i ask dcbs to add #1 of the relaunch.

Not comics: Why am i always getting credits for MGS V missions, between that and the world design and mechanics i feel like i'm playing an episodic free to play game.

VanWinkle

Poor quality photo, but this is my Batman collection right now. Pretty much running out of space. Only other character that comes anywhere near the number of Batman books I have is Daredevil, which is around half the size of my Batman collection. Expecting to get the Endgame hardcover soon since it's basically a sequel to Death of the Family.

12047541_10201216877940775_1092656944_n.jpg

Man, that's awesome. I probably only have a third of what you have, if that even. Respect.

Knightfall and No Man's Land are both on my list and have been for awhile. I'll get them eventually. No Man's Land first, though.

MG310

I should probably try laying my books horizontally like that. This cabinet is exploding. Plus I have 2 of the rows just filled with floppies that I have nowhere else to put.

Messi

The problem with all these collection photos is having to see so many comics in one place. I don't come here to think about comic books people. Where else on gaf am i going to get to see Olivia Wilde gifs?

Okay, fine, comics....I'm midway into issue #3 of Squirrel Girl and it's definitely growing on me and becoming a favorite in the MU-tier, not sure if it will graduate to monthly buying if i ask dcbs to add #1 of the relaunch.

Not comics: Why am i always getting credits for MGS V missions, between that and the world design and mechanics i feel like i'm playing an episodic free to play game.

LeadingFirmLadybug.gif

I'm so jealous of your Guy Red Lantern figure. I'm always keeping an eye out for one myself. Love Guy. I also have a red lantern ring. And a red lanturn pin on my backpack, heh.

I love Guy as a Red Lantern but the older stuff, when he was with the Green Lantern, he was kinda of a douche. Well written as a Red.

I love Guy as a Red Lantern but the older stuff, when he was with the Green Lantern, he was kinda of a douche. Well written as a Red.

Yeah, I only know him as a Red. My superhero reading has been is limited, as you know.

Messi's room looks cool but I wish I could see stuff better. Wanna oogle dem figures and wall art.

Boogiepop

Man, I think I'm not posting my collection on here again until I just straight up have a house or something to properly store it in. Have a crapton of stuff in storage right now in addition to the crapton of stuff I have out, and yet I'm still in ye old "I've got multiple sizable stacks growing on my floor" land. I really need to reorganize again...

(For what it's worth my collection would probably look at least a little better organized now as I tried to cut back all the double-booking of shelves at least, since at that point the ones in the back honestly may as well be stored away).

All these pictures of collections with TPB's are hurting my eyes.

Here's my bat collection, I'm trying to get all the deluxe editions (minus the unwrapped and noir line) released so far.

I think I'm only missing a few
Yc01CDd.jpg

Messi

Yeah, I only know him as a Red. My superhero reading has been is limited, as you know.

Messi's room looks cool but I wish I could see stuff better. Wanna oogle dem figures and wall art.

I'll take better photos when it's bright out. My comic art is shown here. Some scans of the pages.

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=169625

People ego leave their comics and trades on the floor in piles make me physically ill. Looking at you Zombeen.

VanWinkle

Hardcover is usually a waste of money. It's silly to buy everything like that.

Yeah, I like hardbacks because they look nice and they'll probably stay nicer longer, but I almost exclusively buy trades.

I actually think trades are a more pleasant read than thin hardbacks with their really tight binding with the hard cover. That changes when you get into the sewn bindings however, but you pretty much never see good bindings in thin (say, <300pg) hardbacks.

Hardcover is usually a waste of money. It's silly to buy everything like that.
Oh ok
Yeah, I like hardbacks because they look nice and they'll probably stay nicer longer, but I almost exclusively buy trades.

I actually think trades are a more pleasant read than thin hardbacks with their really tight binding with the hard cover. That changes when you get into the sewn bindings however, but you pretty much never see good bindings in thin (say, >300pg) hardbacks.

I like trades as well but they are usually something I expect to get damaged because they are so fragile, a bent corner or frayed pages happens all the time. Also they don't stack well because the spine is thicker then the pages, hardcovers don't have that problem.

Owzers

i prefer paperbacks for easy reading i think, i'll save deluxe hardcovers for the best of the best, the sillymonkeys of comics.

VanWinkle

I have to say, though. The Doctor Who graphic novel I have from Titan Comics has a wonderful double-fan adhesive binding with zero gutter loss, and it's only like 140 pages. I couldn't believe it. Only thin hardback I've personally seen that doesn't have a ribbon that is flush against the spine.

Owzers

i don't think i would have stopped reading Hellboy Library Vol 1 if it wasn't so large. I don't like feeling like a comic is living on top of me when i read it.

Owzers

Ughhhhhhhhhhh Squirrel Girl might be one of my favorite reads overall now....this is just ridiculous. The art makes me think i dislike it but then it's so silly i can't help but continue.

VanWinkle

Ughhhhhhhhhhh Squirrel Girl might be one of my favorite reads overall now....this is just ridiculous. The art makes me think i dislike it but then it's so silly i can't help but continue.

Why can't I find that on Marvel Unlimited? I am in the browse series page on my tablet, and I don't see it.

Owzers

Why can't I find that on Marvel Unlimited? I am in the browse series page on my tablet, and I don't see it.

it's The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, probably under U.

edit: Nope, under T because reasons.

i ended up dropping Ms. Marvel along with Silver Surfer in the great purge, both are books I was eager to get back to on MU when i resubbed which is now so i am. Ms. Marvel's wolverine team-up and clock villain bird guy put me off it.

I think Ms. Marvel is still the overall top Marvel girly hijinks book for me. Squirrel Girl has some funny shit in it, but MM has that slice of life stuff I crave. And dat art. Hope they put out an omnibus of the pre-ANAD series. Otherwisd I'll have to snag the hardcovers.

VanWinkle

it's The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, probably under U.

edit: Nope, under T because reasons.

i ended up dropping Ms. Marvel along with Silver Surfer in the great purge, both are books I was eager to get back to on MU when i resubbed which is now so i am. Ms. Marvel's wolverine team-up and clock villain bird guy put me off it.

Under T?! What on earth man. Okay, thanks. I've been wanting to try it out and my subscription expires on the 27th, so I will now read them.

Is it just me or is Spider-Gwen pretty meh? I read ANAD Gwen #1 and it still has the same problem as the last volume. The story is so mediocre that I just lose interest. Same thing that happened with DC's new Canary book. I WANT to like them. I like the characters, but these stories are too middling for my monies.

Sandfox

Is it just me or is Spider-Gwen pretty meh? I read ANAD Gwen #1 and it still has the same problem as the last volume. The story is so mediocre that I just lose interest. Same thing that happened with DC's new Canary book. I WANT to like them. I like the characters, but these stories are too middling for my monies.

I thought it was pretty bad.

Top Bottom