• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

frye

Great artists on some of those Milestone books. Kyle Baker and Sienkiewicz? Down for those

Also excited for that Morrison thing, Sideways? Just wish I liked his actual design better. It's kinda boring.

Sink is probably just inking/finishing over Cowan. I don't usually have too many opinions about inkers but in my experience Sienkiewicz tends to dominate the line art and makes it look kinda like his own stuff (not that he does much of that anymore) but worse

Not sure if it's been posted but the new Gerry Duggan book at Image sounds cool

Is_001_Cover-temp-logo_356_540.jpg

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/nycc-announcement-duggan-osullivan-announce-new-series-analog

ElNarez

Banned
Sink is probably just inking/finishing over Cowan. I don't usually have too many opinions about inkers but in my experience Sienkiewicz tends to dominate the line art and makes it look kinda like his own stuff (not that he does much of that anymore) but worse

that issue of Deathstoke they did a while back (#11 of the current volume) looked pretty good, if you want a sampler

Ross61

I do agree that Milestone could’ve pulled some more talent instead of Hudlin doing most the books, but I’m just glad everything is back.

Christopher Priest will be involved with Milestone comics.

Weiss

Banned
Bingo. Who cares if the books look any good or not when they're built on this. It's disgusting. Surprised so many are looking the other way.

Yeah Hudlin already killed it for me but hearing how he screwed over McDuffie's wife is just another nail in the coffin. No way am I reading any of this.

tim1138

Cutting out Dwayne McDuffie's widow from Milestone 2.0 when he owned 50% of Milestone proper, for one.

They didn't even buy out his shares. They snaked the rights, started a whole new entity, and then flipped the bird to McDuffie's estate.

This imprint won't see a dime of my money.

Slayven

I've no idea who Reginald Hudlin is but how the hell is he part of all those books?
He is responsible for the worse of Black Panther

That is why Milestone should have stayed dead

They didn't even buy out his shares. They snaked the rights, started a whole new entity, and then flipped the bird to McDuffie's estate.

This imprint won't see a dime of my money.

Damn them all to hell

Wanderer5

Well I don't know much about Milestone's history (beside knowing a couple characters that came from it), but that does sound shitty. What was Hudlin's role with the imprint before that?

I applaud retailers for their service, but yeah, they can be wrong. They're wrong on the diversity standpoint.

Didio and Morrison co-writing a few issues of Sideways.

Morrison, yay. Didio, eh.

The more and more I read the DCYou Robin stuff (Grayson, Robin War, B&R Eternal) the more and more it feels like that imprint was literally just set-up for Rebirth.

DCYou was DC's Marvel Legacy. A transition period from a very bad time. We just don't know if Marvel will pivot from this.

Marvel has announced a new ongoing book: Weapon H featuring Hulkverine.

Nah, I'm good.

20171005201917_451574.jpg

Coming Sping 2018.
And they will be reissuing the classic runs over time.

20171005202658_035783.jpg

20171005202816_678962.jpg

The basic premise of Duo according to Pak is that when the nanobots heal the hero's body, they also transfer his wife's consciousness into his body so they share the same body.

I'm here for all this though. Keep that imprint action going, DC.

mreddie

These reveals are the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite of reveals.

EDIT: OH SHIT, Bingo Love got picked up by fucking Image?

As much as I want to see the revival of Milestone, I can't support this. Hudlin disrespecting McDuffie's widow is really disgusting.

jph139

Honestly I'm more interested in their teasing reprints of the original line - I'd pay good money for some nice hardcover editions of the big four titles.

I've only got so much money, and Dark Matter looks a lot more enticing talent-wise than Earth M right now. But I'll be giving it a shot.

Dalek

Man, I think Paper Girls is just the greatest. I wish there were more comics like that-the wait between issues is just torture.

Sandfox

How much do commissions cost? I think I might get one done for my daughter next year for her birthday of Squirrel Girl.

I've never had a commission done, but you would probably need to contact her for that.

I kinda want to get one from Sanford Greene eventually.

we were talking about retailer concerns earlier so here's a newsarama piece about it

don't read it, it's bad, but also, do read it, because it's a JOURNEY

haha, yeah, those lenticular covers DO suck, and they were absolutely not worth the hassle of your elaborate order system

oh no

and BOOM goes the dynamite
Retailers complaining about diversity crack me up. Like oh they had a customer walks in after seeing Winter Soldier and they leave because Sam Wilson is Cap? uh sell them the Brubaker run you dumb fucks

Typical neckbeards, blaming women and minorities for their incompetence

Ah, I didn't even think of that. Checked some previews for the Deathstroke that Narez listed and it looks OK. I can see what you mean though. Def not Elektra Sink tier.

BTW, saw it was free on Comixology Unlimited, how's Wonton Soup by Stokoe?

Top Bottom