• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

This Silk commission...
https://twitter.com/reniedraws/status/917486759642099713

It's cool to see artists do that kind of thing.

Aww thats prety darn cute and a good drawing too

An other note I'm still waiting for the moment on twitter when Scott Snyder realises the Drowned isnt out till next week, every tweet he says about this week mentions it and then every comment below is telling him its not out till next week ha

Weiss

Banned
Didn't notice the Image sale on CMX. Got all of Wayward, Vol. 4 of Descender, Vol. 2 of Monstress and Henshin. Mostly I was playing catch up with series I had in print that I sold off so I could read them digitally.

Okay I got like all of it
You get JL/MMPR?

Darkseid is!
DLvLCTQXUAASYbQ

Alex Ross had the unblocked version of who this was at NYCC as art at his booth:

It was the Flash Thompson Venom/military get up but white, so I guess Flash is the new Anti-Venom.

ASM_792_CVR-666x1024.jpg

There's actually a ton of books these days with art as bad as Animal Man, you're in luck

Yeeeeaaahhhh. Hurts how Morrison's eariler and some of his best storiea were hampered by the artist.

Wait, what!? Is this the common opinion? I loved the art in Animal Man. Fit the book perfectly with the characters highlighted (with clean lines) more than the backgrounds and great colours.

Wait, what!? Is this the common opinion? I loved the art in Animal Man. Fit the book perfectly with the characters highlighted (with clean lines) more than the backgrounds and great colours.

It has some great hits, but also a lot of misses. Doom Patrol is better in regards to art I feel.

Didn't notice the Image sale on CMX. Got all of Wayward, Vol. 4 of Descender, Vol. 2 of Monstress and Henshin. Mostly I was playing catch up with series I had in print that I sold off so I could read them digitally.

My catch with this Image sale is they've been having 70% and 80% off linewide Image sales so frequently I'm all "Fifty? Only fifty percent? Get that weak shit outta here!"

It's like most Marvel sales on CMX now post Amazon salepocalypse. Sure, $3.99 for that TPB might be a decent price, but it was a $1.80 only a few weeks ago!

Weiss

Banned
My catch with this Image sale is they've been having 70% and 80% off linewide Image sales so frequently I'm all "Fifty? Only fifty percent? Get that weak shit outta here!"

It's like most Marvel sales on CMX now post Amazon salepocalypse. Sure, $3.99 for that TPB might be a decent price, but it was a $1.80 only a few weeks ago!

aw man

Messi

Race to the bottom of the barrel

Vic_Viper

During
the end of the last Spider-Man comic.

Nice thanks! Been super behind on that book. Seems like a super weird fit but im all for it lol.

All the books I got were already on sale and the promo stacked which usually never works lol. Now that the Marvel sales seem to be happening pretty frequently ive been building a list of all the things I want to buy when it comes back around.

Cant believe that Legacy one shot outsold DC's Metal. I mean I can totally see how it would but it just reinforces Marvel's current tactic which is the exact opposite of what we need from them.

uJlmirt.png

Glad I didn't pay OOP prices for Absolute Authority v1. Also glad DC didn't bump up the price.

Edit: It looks like instocktrades' 50% discount lasts for two weeks now. Damned enablers.

Vic_Viper

Don't see The Grayson Superspy Omni at IST yet, guess it's not out this week or just the site hasn't finished updating?

Anyone here know if Crimson was a good series? Came out at the same time as Danger Girl and Battle Chasers, by Humberto Ramos. Love his art but never heard of this series before.

Really wish DC could get some better artists. Until Cappullo started there art was my biggest gripe with DC. Hope the Dark Matter line brings some new blood in. Aside from Lee and Romita Jr, I don't recognize any of the others.

VanWinkle

Don't see The Grayson Superspy Omni at IST yet, guess it's not out this week or just the site hasn't finished updating?.

According to the OP, Grayson omni comes out next week.

And...dude...WHAT? The artists thing...

Francis Manapul
Ivan Reis
Jason Fabok
Juan Ferreyra
Otto Schmidt
Patrick Gleason
Clay Mann
Mikel Janin
Doug Mahnke
etc etc

There are SO MANY great artists at DC.

Vic_Viper

According to the OP, Grayson omni comes out next week.

And...dude...WHAT? The artists thing...

Francis Manapul
Ivan Reis
Jason Fabok
Juan Ferreyra
Otto Schmidt
Patrick Gleason
Clay Mann
Mikel Janin
Doug Mahnke
etc etc

There are SO MANY great artists at DC.

lol it's a personal opinion. I realized as soon as it hit Post I would get shit on for it. But out of that list, Manapul and Mann are the only 2 that I really like but I don't see them on any books anymore. It's like other than Trinity both of them don't do much aside from covers.
Are either of them even on a book as a regular ATM?

Messi

lol it's a personal opinion. I realized as soon as it hit Post I would get shit on for it. But out of that list, Manapul and Mann are the only 2 that I really like but I don't see them on any books anymore. It's like other than Trinity both of them don't do much aside from covers.
Are either of them even on a book as a regular ATM?

Mann is on Batman no?

Ross61

He's filled in for Finch I think twice, but didn't do the full issue. But like I said, he's not on a series full time atm.
He did two full issues during War of Jokes which were both Kiteman issues. He’s on the series full time going forward with Joelle Jones.

Megatron

I liked the art in AM also. Only thing I can think of is they all had Brian Boland covers. Pretty much nobody could measure up to that if that's what you expected when you opened the book.

mreddie

For those who missed it, Lego Marvel 2 might be the best Marvel game this year...sans Mutants sadly.
DLu8vmpW0AE3N58.jpg

At least it won't look like dreck.

Sandfox

Catalyst Prime is so good. Forget the Hudlinverse, this is the real Milestone 2.0. It's also created by people who I can actually believe respect McDuffie. Compared to something like Valiant when they first relaunched these books are pretty refreshing and a lot more varied in tone. More people need to be checking these books out.

Is that a different artist for every single issue? Is that on purpose?
Yeah, when the book was announced they said there would be a different artist for each issue.

Putting her on a team and giving her a solo book.
She's obviously going to join up with a team, but I'm curious to see what team and how they are going to use her given how long she's been gone.

caliph95

Catalyst Prime is so good. Forget the Hudlinverse, this is the real Milestone 2.0. It's also created by people who I can actually believe respect McDuffie. Compared to something like Valiant when they first relaunched these books are pretty refreshing and a lot more varied in tone. More people need to be checking these books out.
Convinced me to try

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That Darwyn Crooke Batman Deluxe was an amazing book. Dude has made such amazing One Shots.

Cant wait for next months Under The Red Hoods and Hush Deluxes

Top Bottom