• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

Bakkus

Is there a full list of Salty Suite matches somewhere? I know Abate vs S2J will happen. Aswell as Hugs vs Nintendude (right?). Any other ones confirmed?

sinxtanx

if Nintendo was bringing any actual support AKA a pot bonus, we'd know

so a tweet and "play these commercials thank you very much"

FZZ

Banned
If anyone is making a Genesis 3 OT and needs info on Smash 4 players this Reddit thread is fairly accurate for the narratives going in

Although there are some inconsistencies imo such as Ranai being undisputed #1 in Japan.

edit: Mang0's mom said he's not attending Genesis. Most likely due to recent events involving his gf. For those unaware she went to jail for assaulting her friend, she accused her of cheating with Mang0.

Very sad news.

edit 2: Apparently he's still going.

lol

12fa2d024f57c1b4519f1dbb6f31f7e4

Codeblue

If anyone is making a Genesis 3 OT and needs info on Smash 4 players this Reddit thread is fairly accurate for the narratives going in

Although there are some inconsistencies imo such as Ranai being undisputed #1 in Japan.

edit: Mang0's mom said he's not attending Genesis. Most likely due to recent events involving his gf. For those unaware she went to jail for assaulting her friend, she accused her of cheating with Mang0.

Very sad news.

edit 2: Apparently he's still going.

His gf has done a lot of stupid and toxic things, but being an idiot and ruining the top 6 reunion would top the list.

GamerJM

Banned
PM, but FinalBOSS was great. Seeing ThunderzReign's DK in top 8 live was something else. Every time he got one of those grab combos the hype was real.

And of course I met a lot of great people and played a some great friendlies.

PM, but FinalBOSS was great. Seeing ThunderzReign's DK in top 8 live was something else. Every time he got one of those grab combos the hype was real.

And of course I met a lot of great people and played a some great friendlies.

The Dong on Dong violence was great to watch, although I wish HitBox would get its shit together in regards to bandwidth.

Wish I could've gone to FinalBoss and Genesis, but I just dropped a few hundred on getting things for the new venue.

GamerJM, you going to Bad Blood in February? I'll be at that one for sure. Although pre-reg numbers sound a bit low, the famous tacos from Get Fed at Fred's are going to be there so they'll make enough money from that alone.

xezuru

I feel a little less bad getting my ass beat every time i go down to my local knowing they made a good dent in FinalBoss, only a little though, rip.

Fuuuuuuuuck, I can't wait for Genesis though.

GamerJM

Banned
The Dong on Dong violence was great to watch, although I wish HitBox would get its shit together in regards to bandwidth.

Wish I could've gone to FinalBoss and Genesis, but I just dropped a few hundred on getting things for the new venue.

GamerJM, you going to Bad Blood in February? I'll be at that one for sure. Although pre-reg numbers sound a bit low, the famous tacos from Get Fed at Fred's are going to be there so they'll make enough money from that alone.

Ah no, that's a little ways out for me. I'm really bad so there's not really much reason for me to go out to tournaments that are a ways away, or at least it would feel weird doing that. Only reason I went to FinalBOSS is because it was on my university campus tbh. And I'm going to Genesis because it's Genesis, and it's really close.

BlueMagic

Nice to get validation lol, I thought no one would care to be honest.

Also meleeitonme is streaming scar and toph show with the draft crews captains.

Jigolo

I've never seen his stream without the camera on. Something definitely happened over there, hope the GOAT is okay.

Jigolo

Leffen the homie it's too bad he can't make it

Armada v Mango GF

Make it happen smash gods

BTW Salty Suite is on Saturday night not Friday

Surprised no one picked Kage. Glad Alex19 will reprise his role as worst crews player ever.

There's no way an HBox/PPMD team doesn't take this, right?

I doon't think kage is coming.

PPMD only fell that far in the first place because people were skeptical that he'd be on point, or that he'd even feel up to participating in the crew battle at all when the time comes. I want nothing worse than for PPMD to show up and destroy everybody but if he underperforms I don't think it'll be as cut and dry.

Codeblue

I doon't think kage is coming.

PPMD only fell that far in the first place because people were skeptical that he'd be on point, or that he'd even feel up to participating in the crew battle at all when the time comes. I want nothing worse than for PPMD to show up and destroy everybody but if he underperforms I don't think it'll be as cut and dry.

No Kage is sort of disappointing.

I feel like PPMD was underperforming pretty hard at Summit, but even then he played like a top 10 player instead of a top 5. He only really ran into trouble when he was up against Plup and Westballz.

Codeblue

I am now a big fan of Nintendude.

Also, glad Nintendude and Abate are teaching the Smash community how to talk trash without making everyone cringe.

Bakkus

So is there a nice list of notable players who will not attend Genesis? If Leffen won't which is looking likely it's him, ChuDat, Fly Amanita, aMSa, Hax, Amsah, Android. Anyone else?

So is there a nice list of notable players who will not attend Genesis? If Leffen won't which is looking likely it's him, ChuDat, Fly Amanita, aMSa, Hax, Amsah, Android. Anyone else?

someone on reddit went through the top 100 and jotted down attendance. it was before leffen's cancellation, so there could be other changes too, but it's a decent first take on things.it looks like prof pro and kage are the next two most relevant absences after the ones you listed. After leffen's departure, approximately 74 of the top 100 will still be there, with most of the people missing out-of-region people in the lower half of the list.

Bakkus

I actually knew about Kage but must have forgot. Professor Pro not attending is a big disappointment though. But nothing beats Leffen not being able to attend because you Americans' crazy visa renewal waiting times.

Top Bottom