• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

Pappasman

I just jumped out of my chair at that 3-0. I'm so damn happy right now. If Mango or Armada beat Hbox this is probably M2K's best chance to win a major.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Was hoping Mango would take it so M2K wouldn't have to play Hbox in Winners.

Lol at Abu getting ripped away from commentary to play M2K.

Anth0ny

I really hope m2k goes marth vs puff. 07 mew2king out spaces puff with that big ass sword and brings the game to time with immaculate spacing. Those games against armada reminded me of that.

FZZ

Banned
That ringtone was actually Shroomed's plan to condition SFAT to lose for the first time this year against him

DAJUAN ENERGY MCDANIEL

Edit: Multi-energy conditioning

Fugu

This is the first tournament I've been able to watch live in quite some time due to timezones. LES GO

Edit: M2K beat Armada 3-0?!

FZZ

Banned
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :(

When M2K starts going Marth vs. Puff he'll be able to do it, he just needs to grind out the matchup like he did with Armada's Peach. Marth beats Puff, just takes great discipline to do it. He can't keep 3 characters consistent, and because of his hands dropping Fox makes the most sense.

Congrats to Hbox for ruining another Melee Top 8 :)

YX6ZTJ2.gif

Anth0ny

holy fuck m2k's twitter

dude has ZERO composure. it's unbelievable. and then he picks these characters against armada in the runback... god damn it jason.

Anth0ny

this went from legit the best tournament i've seen in a long time

to the most anticlimactic shit

armada steamrolls buster mango and emo2k

and now it's same old shit: hbox armada grands

m2k pls :(

his fox looked substatially better than I expected it to but I feel like it was still a horrible decision to not rinse and repeat with marth.

i suppose the other 60k viewers agree with me here though.

rip m2k

I am convinced that Marth can potentially be tied with Fox for best character after what I've been seeing lately though. I think most of the high tiers still have a lot of optimization to go compared to Fox.

I hope Hungrybox wins.

FZZ

Banned
I don't care how many ledgedashes your Fox can do in fucking friendlies

Dude literally sacrificed thousands of dollars to a guy HE JUST 3-0'd in tournament today

M2K loses not because he has no composure but because he idolizes his friendlies self too much, seriously not going Marth was some inexcusable shit

FZZ

Banned
With that said that spacing battle was some of the most tense shit I've seen lmao

Good shit to Armada he deserved it

GamerJM

Banned
this went from legit the best tournament i've seen in a long time

to the most anticlimactic shit

armada steamrolls buster mango and emo2k

and now it's same old shit: hbox armada grands

m2k pls :(

I feel like this has happened before. Was it at Big House last year? These Supermajors are starting to blur together among the gods.

I don't even dislike Armada or HBox, just that specific player matchup isn't that interesting to watch compared to just about every other one.

I'm excited for the next couple of Canada majors since Leffen will for sure shake things up at least.

Anth0ny

I feel like this has happened before. Was it at Big House last year? These Supermajors are starting to blur together among the gods.

I don't even dislike Armada or HBox, just that specific player matchup isn't that interesting to watch compared to just about every other one.

I'm excited for the next couple of Canada majors since Leffen will for sure shake things up at least.

Speaking of which, I'll be at EGLX in a week! Should be awesome :)

Top Bottom