• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

he was a regular before melee blew up in 2013 and he became basically one of the most vocal figures in the community. then he left us behind like peasants.

<3

Wait so what was his GAF account?

the Raptors will never make the Finals as long as Lebron is around deal with it

emb

I never knew he posted on GAF, but I remember seeing his posts in the Marth boards all the time on Smashboards. Seems like he used to be on the boards a ton, and make solid posts.

FZZ

Banned

Went full on detective-GAF mode and his new username is Justin Timberlake

He was browsing yesterday, but hasn't posted since 2014

BEHOLD

Super Smash Bros Melee: I'm guessing 5-7k hours? Hard to tell. Been playing competitively since 2004.

Guild Wars: My /age was like 3.5k hours. Played a lot of top level PvP.

Fire Emblem: As a series, I've probably played close to 1k hrs. Fire Emblem 7 alone accounts for ~600 of that (I used to speedrun it, and I went for a few other records).

Tales of: I've only played each game once, but I've played a half dozen now, so as a series, its closing in on ~600 I'd wager. Dope battle system =D

Dota 2: I just started (something like ~250 hrs) but I can tell I like it already so it might balloon really quickly.

Anth0ny

he got his name changed to justin timberlake for some reason lol... but originally it was the crimson blur

and i'm not even sure raps are top 4 in the east this season after how much better everyone else in the east got smh

emb

I remember a long time back, hearing Armada actually say that fighting against Marth was one of his favorite matchups. I guess that's not the case in recent years. And it makes sense, the matchup on paper is pretty rough for Peach, plus Marth is tied for Fox's worst matchup (at exactly 50/50).

Anth0ny

top 32

Winners

[A]rmada vs SL | Lucky
Duck vs VGBC | ChuDat
FOX | M2K vs Gravy
Swedish Delight vs CLG | PewPewU
TL' Hungrybox vs TL' Chillindude
WFX | Shroomed vs Tempo | Axe
C9 Mango vs MYI | Ice
RG | Javi vs PG | Plup

Losers

SmashG0D vs SPY | Nintendude
G2.Westballz vs CLG | SFAT
Cactuar vs Druggedfox
Tempo | S2J vs Frootloop
EMG | n0ne vs COG | Wizzrobe
gg | Zhu vs Laudandus
AM | MikeHaze vs SS | Colbol
PG | Wobbles vs The Moon

could have been wizzy vs hbox in winners

instead its the falcon ditto of the gods in losers lol

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Armada in WF seems like extremely safe at this point. Lucky might be the toughest opponent for him on the way there, but even then I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't drop a game to that point. Other half of winners looks a whole lot tougher.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Watched the Armada Smashg0d set. Smashg0d basically won that but didn't go for a dair that would have KO'd since it probably would have been an SD too.

Looks like he's only been actively going to tournaments for a year, if he starts traveling and playing more I wonder how well he would do.

Have there been any real good sets yesterday? Round 2 was way too late for me.

I really enjoyed chudat-sfat.

i liked seeing duck vs westballz because i'm a biased samus player but it was probably kind of frustrating or disappointing for westballz fans so YMMV.

Jigolo

Wait a minute, do players actually get any money at all if you share bits for them?

Say Armada vs Mang0 happens and Bits is turned on a SuperSmashCon with VGBC as the streamer.

I put 1000 bits on #mang0

How much cut does Mango get, how much for Con, how much for VGBC and how much goes to Twitch's pocket

Wait a minute, do players actually get any money at all if you share bits for them?

Say Armada vs Mang0 happens and Bits is turned on a SuperSmashCon with VGBC as the streamer.

I put 1000 bits on #mang0

How much cut does Mango get, how much for Con, how much for VGBC and how much goes to Twitch's pocket

you pay twitch its cut at purchase time. it's some clearly-labelled percentage above the number of bits you get.

I can't remember what the breakdown is between player/streamer/to under normal circumstances but I think I read that for evo, as a promotion, they're giving the players the whole cheered-on-stream number. I assume twitch is paying evo to do it to make people view the feature less cynically.

Quenk

you pay twitch its cut at purchase time. it's some clearly-labelled percentage above the number of bits you get.

I can't remember what the breakdown is between player/streamer/to under normal circumstances but I think I read that for evo, as a promotion, they're giving the players the whole cheered-on-stream number. I assume twitch is paying evo to do it to make people view the feature less cynically.

I think Scar said the split isn't finalized but it'll be something like 70-30 (player-stream)

Jigolo

I see. It's interesting non the less. I saw over 1000 bits for some of the smash players for sm4sh. If they are getting 100% of the cut then it's they are getting like $15 or so for 1000 bits

Quenk

Scar saw Kamemushi pull off his footstool combo

9pdGY4c.png

Top Bottom