• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1lla21

Contreras should've been out anyways he's been fouling all game long

I'd dive too if the opposing team was playing dirty.

jinutsu

Neo Member
The last time I saw someone play so recklessly and stupid was (sadly) Steven Gerrard vs Man United in last season's key Premier League game. Contreras was flying around blasting people in the last few minutes.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
this is a pure Central American style game

dives, misses, scuffles, cards, dives, arguing, dives, 10 men, arguing, dives

jinutsu

Neo Member
The Guatemalan right back has been awesome in this game. He is constantly marking well and deflecting passes into the box.

Not today Mexico, not today. Yes, Guatemala lives on in the tournament. They better beat Cuba and hopefully that will be enough to go to the next round.

v1lla21

To think the Mexican team that went to Copa America won against this very Guatemala 3-0, lol.
Well that Guatemalan team wasn't playing for shit, it was just a regular friendly where they didn't park the bus, play dirty, and got a few calls in their favor. If this game was played by the Mexican Copa America team, Mexico would have lost. Lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Matches like this one are why Chicharito is needed in Mexico. He always finds a way to create spaces in tight defenses like Guatemala. :(

So T&T and the US have advanced. Technically everyone else is still alive.

If Panama wins against the US tomorrow they advance. If Panama loses Jamica and Mexico both advance.

One of Panama, Haiti, or Honduras will be eliminated tomorrow.

Yay, math.

EDIT - If both matches are draws tomorrow then Jamica and Mexico advance.

Kevyt

Mexico sucks big time. This is really bad. They're unorganized, terrible passes, no real forward that can net a goal, a weak midfield.

Terrible, simply terrible.

Some players meed to go, Piojo Herrera too.

J. Dosantos can't last for 90 minutes, his long passes are terrible. He needs to go.

G. Dosantos is a wild card at best.

Vela is also a wild card, but ultimately his neutral game and speed is lacking. He needs to go.

Guardado has seen better days and games.

Don't know some of the other players that well, but from what I've seen, Mexico's midfield and defense is very anemic.

I don't know what else to say, Mexico's style is real stale and boring...

So T&T and the US have advanced. Technically everyone else is still alive.

If Panama wins against the US tomorrow they advance. If Panama loses Jamica and Mexico both advance.

One of Panama, Haiti, or Honduras will be eliminated tomorrow.

Yay, math.

EDIT - If both matches are draws tomorrow then Jamica and Mexico advance.

So if US throws Mexico is out or are they still in if they win their 3rd game?

So if US throws Mexico is out or are they still in if they win their 3rd game?

Mexico is a strong favorite to advance regardless. A Panama loss just means they are guaranteed to be one of the top 2 third place teams no matter what happens in the remaining group matches.

EDIT - DP, my bad.

OctoMan

Banned
The top 2 thrid place teams advance. If Cuba beats Guat they will be third in their group with 3 points. They would need one of the third place teams in the other two groups to have less than 3 points (ignoring goal diff.) which is possible.
I think not only possible but probable.

I think not only possible but probable.

Eh.. I'd say it's marginal.

Cuba has looked dreadful so far. Has their Visa issues with a half dozen of their players even been resolved yet?

Guat managed to get a decent result against Mexico, so they won't be a push over for Cuba. in the other groups, the first 3rd place team will definitely come from Group A. That leaves Group B and I could easily see El Salvador tying Jamaica, especially since Jamaica has already advanced.

It's actually pretty cool that every team still has a chance to advance going into their 3rd game. It's why I enjoy tournaments that have a few wildcard slots, keeps things interesting. But I still think the odds for Cuba to advance are pretty low based on what I've seen of them thus far.

I mistyped earlier regarding the games drawing today. If either game is a draw today both Mexico and Jamica advance. Only the 4th place team in group A can/will be eliminated today.

If Klinsmann plays Dempsey or Bradley today I will be surprised (
actually just disheartened
). With Dempsey's age and Bradley's high workrate and their importance to the offense I cannot see any positive in giving them minutes today. And to be frank, with his history of injury and fitness issues and his importance to the team Fabian Johnson should probably only see 45 minutes tops as well.

Osorio

I don't know if its because the top 3 are weaker or if CONCACAF is getting stronger but it's good to see the minnows making their presence felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom