• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothj

I live and breath El Tri but damn was I frustrated yesterday. The lack of creativity was just horrible. I hope to see some lineup changes next game. Guardado and maybe Vela and Layun are the only ones playing up to their level. Hope Gio starts or subs in a lot earlier, he is a wildcard like someone said earlier but at least he brings in more hope. Don't know how I feel about Aguilar, too much crying. I'm also warming up to HH as I see him get better.

Still high hopes for Mexico in this cup.

Mory Dunz

I don't know if its because the top 3 are weaker or if CONCACAF is getting stronger but it's good to see the minnows making their presence felt.
I think everyone is getting better.

Gold cup games used to be long ball and sprint fests for some teams. And now even haiti or whoever is keeping possession and ground passing

Mory Dunz

That flick on header could've only gone to one dangerous spot really. and the defender didn't cover him at all.

Pretty bad defending.

Great shot

It is kind of sad CONCACAF needs the double-headers as we don't get both matches played at the same time.

We should get more goals in this match as neither team should be comfortable with a draw.

I can't believe Honduras just got knocked out in the group stages. That is definitely going to weaken CONCACAF's representation at the Copa America next year.

Osorio

I can't believe Honduras just got knocked out in the group stages. That is definitely going to weaken CONCACAF's representation at the Copa America next year.

Not with the way they've played in this tournament.

Haiti has been the surprise of the tournament. Congrats to them!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Was not a fan of Haiti's coaching AT ALL.

he moved the whole team to the defensive end at the beginning of the 2nd Half. We literally let Honduras do whatever they wanted for 45 minutes.

but thank the gods for Placide.

Azuran

Banned

Honduras is garbage right now. This is the same team that lost to French Guiana a couple of months ago.

Good for CONCACAF they didn't make it to another major tournament only to embarrass themselves in the end like they always do.

xbhaskarx

Honduras is garbage right now. This is the same team that lost to French Guiana a couple of months ago.

Good for CONCACAF they didn't make it to another major tournament only to embarrass themselves in the end like they always do*.

*with the exception of the 2012 Olympics

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

I mean, if Honduras was going to be this weak at the Copa America I'd rather they just let Haiti have the spot.

So Honduras is out. If Panama draws or loses then Haiti advances.

If Panama wins they advance and Haiti has a good chance to advance as a third place team with 4 points.

EDIT - I really hope Klinsmann pulls Bradley and Johnson at the half. 3 games in 6 days.

I trust Honduras to right themselves more easily in the next year than for Hayti to get that much better. Honduras beat both the United States and Mexico 2 years ago. They can get back to that level with some changes.

Wow Zardes is getting all kinds of hype during the Fox pre-game.

I definitely think he has potential and I rather have him up top over Jozy (in his current form). But Zardes still struggles with his finishing and he often has a brutal first touch. The former can be improved on, the latter maybe not so much.

My point is Zardes is an unfinished raw product. I hope too much expectations aren't being put upon him and he doesn't gets crushed before he even really gets started.

Mory Dunz

Yeah zardes being a sub has hidden his touch.

At least he works hard I guess.

Imo, give johannson a solid five starts in a row and if he doesn't score I'll shut up.

Also keep bedoya playing too. Unless he suddenly got bad.

Mory Dunz

We're playing bad again. That was Close.

Zardes has no touch.

And shouldn't guzan have come out for that. It was near the 6

Edit
fine ground passes. Bradley and Beckerman need to move. Eff I get annoyed.

No longballsss

Our cbs play too slow too. So easy to predict

Zardes has no touch.

Exactly...

I'm a Galaxy fan so I see him on a weekly basis. His first touch is so inconsistent it can be embarrassing sometimes.

He has a good work rate and decent game IQ. But his touch is holding him back and it's simply not up to international caliber. And unfortunately, your touch isn't something that can be improved overnight. It's typically something that is developed at the youth level and is pretty much solidified by the time your 18-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom