• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord - Reviews Thread (PS5/PC)

Robb

Gold Member
Kv0YKR6.jpeg

thief183

Thanks I will. I’ll admit the character designs are not exactly my taste but in gameplay you’re looking down the barrel of a gun anyway and the gameplay is solid. To me COD is far less visually interesting and the gamplay hasn’t changed in 20 years so this is a breath of fresh air.
For me it is soooo slow, I mean damn, I mean I get it that fat characters can't really run fast.. or run at all... but the game is like playing immersed is slime.

dorkimoe

If Sony were smart then they would have at least thrown this on PS+ day one, not that it would have made any difference long term though.
Having to also pay to play online is nonsense also for these. I am not keeping an active subscription anymore and i wouldnt do it for 1 game only (and if i did, this would not be it)

Warablo

Its not like this should review bad except for horrible character designs, there just isn't a player base to play it.

Nydius

It’s a legitimately fun shooter and I’m tired of pretending it’s not

So, instead, you'll pretend that it is? It's mediocre in every sense of the word and I couldn't give a shit about pronouns or the woke things others are complaining about. I can put those aside if the game is decent. There was a lot of "wokeism" in Overwatch 1 and that didn't keep me from playing it.

After playing through both beta weekends, my take-aways were: The characters and their abilities are cheap clones of other, vastly superior, games. The gunplay is decent but it's no Destiny 2 crucible like some people compared it to. TTK is horrendously slow which allows people to disengage from combat and run away far too easily. Some characters are extremely imbalanced, especially with persistent deployables in ranked/competitive modes. Giving the characters no ultimate abilities makes the game lack any real adrenaline-pumping last minute heroic moments. The gametypes are boring as hell and the maps have zero soul -- my least favorite map from vanilla Overwatch (Temple of Anubis) has more memorable design than all of the maps of Concord, combined.

As a complete package, it's a 2.5 out of 5 game.

dorkimoe

So, instead, you'll pretend that it is? It's mediocre in every sense of the word and I couldn't give a shit about pronouns or the woke things others are complaining about. I can put those aside if the game is decent. There was a lot of "wokeism" in Overwatch 1 and that didn't keep me from playing it.

After playing through both beta weekends, my take-aways were: The characters and their abilities are cheap clones of other, vastly superior, games. The gunplay is decent but it's no Destiny 2 crucible like some people compared it to. TTK is horrendously slow which allows people to disengage from combat and run away far too easily. Some characters are extremely imbalanced, especially with persistent deployables in ranked/competitive modes. Giving the characters no ultimate abilities makes the game lack any real adrenaline-pumping last minute heroic moments. The gametypes are boring as hell and the maps have zero soul -- my least favorite map from vanilla Overwatch (Temple of Anubis) has more memorable design than all of the maps of Concord, combined.

I appreciate this post as I think it’s the first time someone reviewed it without just saying “diversity”. I havent been able to play it but i also havent been able to see anyone give real feedback. Thank you

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
MC only has 5 reviews. Dont expect tons more. I think a lot of game sites wont even bother. I highly doubt this game will get 50+ reviews like bigger titles.

Antwix

And there were 20k people watching an hour after launch... viewers count crashed even harder than players count lol
And the only reason that number hit 20k was due to paid #ads anyway. Quick payday for some streamers and then they obviously peaced out to no one's surprise.

Sgt.Asher

Ain't that a kick in the head.
Simply put, it was never a good game. Okay at best.
There are free games that offer more than Concord ever will.

thanks!...

Astray

If Sony were smart then they would have at least thrown this on PS+ day one, not that it would have made any difference long term though.
Didn't help destruction all-stars or Foamstars.

Someone at SIE is going to take a massive internal hit for this game. It's not great but it looks and sounds expensive.

Top Bottom