• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord was in development for about 8 years

emivita

This Is Stupid Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

PeteBull

Oh wow, dev studio was made in 2018 and it was its fisr/only game so i was sure 6years which already seemed long af for such kind of a game, but fricken 8? That thing had to have some srs investments/budget :p

PeteBull

Why they didn’t do the math based on beta test numbers and tax write this thing off is gross negligence to the shareholders.

Even SEGA avoided sinking money by writing off Hyenas
They got financed by parent company named ProbablyMonsters (not joking, its official wiki info, but indeed sounds like moneylaundring scam ;p), then got bought by sony, which means they didnt give a damn if game gonna be successful or not, most important was to push woke agenda.
TLDR: They all got paid plenty already and it wasnt their own money :p

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So if you buy concord deluxe edition right now on steam you can play right now.

We don't have steam numbers because for this the bot that tracks players needs to own the game to see the current players.

We can however see where it's ranked based on people spending money on the game (buying copies, MTX etc)

WF7G2cx.jpeg

Yeah... so that's how much money it's generating right now on essentially soft launch #254. This is a utter failure on PC.

8 years for this LOL.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Imagine working on something for EIGHT YEARS, dedicating eight years of your life to something that will evaporate into stardust 3 days after it is released.

I swear to god the morale at that studio must be devastatingly low these last few months.
I'm constantly conflicted between a vague sense of pity and a reminder that in the end all of this was self-inflicted, since they made their choices.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Imagine working on something for EIGHT YEARS, dedicating eight years of your life to something that will evaporate into stardust 3 days after it is released.

I swear to god the morale at that studio must be devastatingly low these last few months.

C'mon man, why don't you oblige the guy some good vibes today?

Bernardougf

Incompetent green hair people doing a shitty woke game for 8 years... thats all there is wrong with the modern western gaming industry in a nutshell ... Ill never stop saying, this ridiculous dev times are a large fault of years of bad hiring practices and internal cultures changes, top that with ever demanding games.. you get this shit.

tommib

This might be the biggest bomb we’ve ever seen in the industry. This was probably around 150 million + marketing. And will evaporate in days.

It’s the Heaven’s Gate of our times. Or the Atari E.T. Will we need landfills as well?

Last edited:
Imagine being proud of taking twice as long as a normal worker would take to do his job and on top of that, the result being a pile of shit. These people live in a warped reality.

In the case of Sony, like in Bungie's (same actors involved) I believe this acquisition was made in bad faith.

StereoVsn

What I don’t get is why isn’t Sony killing the game before it releases and at least taking a tax write off WB style.

I mean it’s 100% clear this will bomb and any further money thrown to support the turd is a waste.

ryan-reynolds-but-why-reaction-dpsicvpejgpp14ew.gif

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
"Overwatch 2 was announced at BlizzCon on November 1, 2019"

I wonder how they felt when they saw this news, especially when they realized that Overwatch is not as popular as it used to be.

BlackTron

I doubt they really worked on it that long, especially in this context of being some sort of supportive proof that they're "strapped in". They just want to sound fully committed to the game because they're desperate.

Somewhere down those 8 years they probably decided to go all out with DEI and the game ended up as the product we know. Can't imagine what it feels like to be on the dev team, realising the game is most likely going to fail catastrophically, while the (management) team doesn't want to hear any 'negative noise' internally and is keeping up appearances acting all is well and the game actually has a bright future...

Top Bottom