• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
jamesinclair said:
Good job Argentina, you beat a bunch of 20-22 year old Costa Ricans in your home stadium.

Thats real fantastic of you. Bonuses to everyone.
That fact probably isn't too far from their minds. I don't get your point.

Socreges said:
Christ, Messi putting it on a silver platter for Higuain again and again.... dude cannot finish

Di Maria shows how it's done

Meh. I gave him credit where I thought it was due. My point is that I feel you can place a LOT of players in his stead and they'd produce just the same, and many would do better. I expect more from a striker, yet he's spoken of with such praise that I don't think is merited.

I don't agree with the comparisons to Inzaghi and Chicharito, btw. Could explain in detail if you'd like

I would be quiet on these points, but he's been dreadful today and deserves my wrath, haha

Chicharito and Inzaghi are criticized for scoring goals and not creating. Many felt that others put in their position would do better. Their movement and positioning allows them to score goals.

Socreges

Banned
KidA Seven said:
Chicharito and Inzaghi are criticized for scoring goals and not creating. Many felt that others put in their position would do better.
Yes, you've already said that. Doesn't make a difference to me. :p

[edit] Ah, now I understand why you repeated. I meant in my previous post that I "could explain in detail if you'd like"

Fady K

Man, Argentina played very differently today. Teamwork + Magical play by Messi = GREAT GAME. Finally! Argentina off to the second round.

jett said:
fersis am cry
tears of happiness

really beautiful playing from argentina

About damn time too!

jamesinclair said:
Good job Argentina, you beat a bunch of 20-22 year old Costa Ricans in your home stadium.

They did an excellent job cracking an excellent defense system by Costa Rica. This wasn't an easy game. Their first goal got them in the mood for a change and they played in style and as a team [/]. No need to belittle their achievement ;)

Fady K

Error said:
How many chances did Higuain waste? Goddamn, is there a more wasteful striker than him???

6 chances by the way. Though in his defense, outside of that offside goal he scored, he should have earned a penalty chance after all that tugging pulling him back.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
barcelona shouldn't fuck around and buy aguero, messi+aguero=at least 3 more la liga titles.

I'm sure Atletico wouldn't mind selling him to Barcelona, just to stick it up the ass to Madrid. What's wrong with Pep???

Fady K

Error said:
barcelona shouldn't fuck around and buy aguero, messi+aguero=at least 3 more la liga titles.

I'm sure Atletico wouldn't mind selling him to Barcelona, just to stick it up the ass to Madrid. What's wrong with Pep???

Having Aguero would indeed be epic, even though at his latest match he kicked the ball way higher than the target when the goal was nearly in front of him. It just sucks that recently the Barcelona talk died down and more reports are showing up about him staying in Ateletico. Oh well, we still have till the end of the summer. You think he would be a good sub for Villa/Affelay?

Error said:

Do they even need another forward? They already have Pedro, Villa, Messi, Bojan, Affelay, and are in line to get Sanchez.

If Pep gets Aguero, that would just be to troll the hell out of Mou.
And the rest of Europe.

Yager

Banned
Grover Cleveland said:
Do they even need another forward? They already have Pedro, Villa, Messi, Bojan, Affelay, and are in line to get Sanchez.

If Pep gets Aguero, that would just be to troll the hell out of Mou.
And the rest of Europe.

Fortunately, Bojan is leaving FCB.

Good game last night. I'm surprised that Gago's still remember how to play football...but tonight there will be blood; I hope that both Chile and Uruguay win. I don't have anything against Peru, but I wanna see the best ones in the next round.

TabrisRyu

We have to win against Mexico today, if not, my Mexican friends will laugh at me forever and ever and ever and ever, first sub 17 loss now copa america NOO

T Ghost

jamesinclair said:

Argentina didn't win. They OWNED a bunch of 20-22 Y.O. Costa Ricans. It was like a FIFA 11 match against the CPU on the easiest difficulty - with the player being Argentina. And the C.Rican boys were absurdly lucky that
Higuain was on the field so
the final score wasn't 7x0. In face of what Argentina was playingin the two previous games, this was a gimegasuperultranourmous improvement. I can only hope that Brazil do a similar improvement on Tomorrow. But with Neymar on the field... I don't think it will happen.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
TabrisRyu said:
We have to win against Mexico today, if not, my Mexican friends will laugh at me forever and ever and ever and ever, first sub 17 loss now copa america NOO
wBQT4.jpg

I will be happy if Mexico manages a draw, honestly.

jett

D-Member
iKeepPlaying said:
First half over, and it's like Chile was playing alone in the field. And Chile is not even playing with it's main team.

O rly? So why are they not scoring? They are barely reaching Peru's goal. :lol

jett said:
O rly? So why are they not scoring? They are barely reaching Peru's goal. :lol

Not scoring != Barely reaching.

And lol at Peru doing a "decent job". Well, I guess you can be satisfied with that performance.

jett

D-Member
iKeepPlaying said:
Not scoring != Barely reaching.

And lol at Peru doing a "decent job". Well, I guess you can be satisfied with that performance.

I only watched the last 20 minutes of the first half, but to act as if Chile was considerably superior to Peru is ludicrous.

jett said:
I only watched the last 20 minutes of the first half, but to act as if Chile was considerably superior to Peru is ludicrous.
Not at all, but Chile is playing with it's C Team. It's understandable that Chile isn't playing as good as always, but it's doing it better than Peru.

Blackhead

Redarse
iKeepPlaying said:
Not at all, but Chile is playing with it's C Team. It's understandable that Chile isn't playing as good as always, but it's doing it better than Peru.
C teams, u21 teams... wtf is up with this tournament? why are so many countries not taking it seriously?

Greyface said:
C teams, u21 teams... wtf is up with this tournament? why are so many countries not taking it seriously?

Chile has a lot players with yellow cards, thats why they were left on the bench in this match.

jett

D-Member
Greyface said:

Both teams are already qualified for quarterfinals. Peru is also playing with its b-team.

moai

iKeepPlaying said:

yeah.........no. chile doesn't have a c team. this is our b team, we are not brazil or argentina. our A team is very good, the B squad not so much.
on the other hand, pretending that peru is at our level is insane. last four matches have been in favour of chile and peru finished last on the south american qualifiers to south africa, they are a team on reconstruction with a new coach.
also, boring game.

Javier

It seems neither team is trying. I suppose it makes sense since both are qualified for quarters.

But yeah, really boring game.

Fucking boring game. It was clear for the first minute that Perú was happy as hell with a 0-0 (crappy attitude).

Chile's playing was less than average too, but at least... the players were trying to attack the entire game.

Ugly as fuck goal LOL, but I guess we can call it divine justice :p

moai

suiting ending for this kind of game..........an owngoal lol
deserved for chile that was always looking for the win, even with our shortcomings.
very, very defensive peruvian team. but it is kind of expected with markarian as coach.

Kandinsky said:
Edit: Holy fuck some of you (iKeepPlaying) are delusional lol.

Forgive him :pP as I said in a previous post, most probably, Winning Eleven and other football games are his only experiencie with this fabulantastic sport.

Noshino

Oveja Negra said:
Fucking boring game. It was clear for the first minute that Perú was happy as hell with a 0-0 (crappy attitude).

Chile's playing was less than average too, but at least... the players were trying to attack the entire game.

Ugly as fuck goal LOL, but I guess we can call it divine justice :p

It wasn't just Peru though.

Both teams were saving players for next match, but Chile had more players to spare, Peru didnt, so they just played with what they have.

Chile wanted more so than Peru to avoid Argentina, so they put Sanchez and Valdivia later on the second half to help.

But yah, while I dont agree that their strategy sucked (as they at least did seek to score by counter attack/long passes), they did play like ass.

Kandinsky

iKeepPlaying said:
read your posts? Chile's C team? playing way better then Peru?, Chile playing alone on the field?, come on now son, thats some epic bs right there, match was kinda even and boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom