• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Ole Ole Oleeee!!! Ticooos!!! Ticooos!

I'm not a big soccer fan, but I figure at least someone from CR should be rooting for them here.

I thought CR would be hands down the worst team in the tournament. I thought theyd make Bolivia look amazing...

But damn, theyve impressed.

CONCACAF power!

Socreges

Banned
Clydefrog said:
wow
seriously
Positionally, he's a wonderful forward. But otherwise I cannot understand the praise he gets.

(granted, I'm a Barca fan, but that hasn't stopped me from loving Di Maria)

Socreges

Banned
GOL AGUERO

Honestly surprised he didn't just blast that over the bar

Gago created that. Great strike

Javier said:
Wow, that was a really lucky goal in the end.
I don't consider all rebound goals to be "lucky". You have to create those chances through pressure and making it tough for the keeper

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
How many chances did Higuain waste? Goddamn, is there a more wasteful striker than him???

Socreges said:
Positionally, he's a wonderful forward. But otherwise I cannot understand the praise he gets.

(granted, I'm a Barca fan, but that hasn't stopped me from loving Di Maria)

Higuain always scores a lot for Real. I think he's proven that he deserves the praise he gets.

Socreges

Banned
Just saw the goal again. Aguero was 100% onside

KidA Seven said:
Higuain always scores a lot for Real. I think he's proven that he deserves the praise he gets.
I never see him create many of his goals. More than anything, to me, he seems to be the product of fantastic teammates.

Socreges

Banned
Aguero gives respect to Messi, but he should keep it for himself. Higuain probably would've missed!

Argentina survives to the next round...... all I wanted. The tournament would be a lot less interesting without them, imo

Socreges said:
Just saw the goal again. Aguero was 100% onside

I never see him create many of his goals. More than anything, to me, he seems to be the product of fantastic teammates.

You mentioned Higuain is great at positioning himself. That's how he gets his goals. It's not fair to discredit his goals because he doesn't create. That's the same thing they say for Chicharito, and they did for Inzaghi.

In the past 3 years he's had 66 goals and 21 assists in 109 appearances. That's really good.

Socreges

Banned
Christ, Messi putting it on a silver platter for Higuain again and again.... dude cannot finish

Di Maria shows how it's done

KidA Seven said:
You mentioned Higuain is great at positioning himself. That's how he gets his goals. It's not fair to discredit his goals because he doesn't create. That's the same thing they say for Chicharito, and they did for Inzaghi.

In the past 3 years he's had 66 goals and 21 assists in 109 appearances. That's really good.
Meh. I gave him credit where I thought it was due. My point is that I feel you can place a LOT of players in his stead and they'd produce just the same, and many would do better. I expect more from a striker, yet he's spoken of with such praise that I don't think is merited.

I don't agree with the comparisons to Inzaghi and Chicharito, btw. Could explain in detail if you'd like

I would be quiet on these points, but he's been dreadful today and deserves my wrath, haha

KidA Seven said:
So Bautista... what were you thinking with that old lineup?

Pep-Guardiola1_1666997.jpg

He thought he was this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom