• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noshino

clemenx said:
QUE COÑO DE LA MADRE PORQUE ROJA?????????????????????????

RINCON NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Letters said:
dammit hold the ball!!!

dammit ref stop fucking up!!! that was not an aggression for red... fuck you

dude, Rincon grabbed his head from the back, it couldnt be any more blatant.

alterno69

Banned
Noshino said:
less of a joke? Because the teams are more even?

Besides, have you been watching the same game that we all are watching? because Venezuela hasn't been defending all game long, which makes your comment even more sad.
I was talking about Peru and Paraguay mostly but ok whatever, i love futbol and i think it's just wrong that the teams that play to win are being eliminated by defensove teams and what seems to be an insane amount of luck.

And now the humble pie award

criesofthepast said:
chile with an easy path to the finals.

uruguay v chile will be great :)

chile winning it all just as i predicted YAHHHHHHHHHH CHILE CHILE CHILE

Kandinsky said:
Team Chile, go!

2-0, calling it now.
Error said:
Chile got this tournament.

crow.jpg

alterno69 said:
I was talking about Peru and Paraguay mostly but ok whatever, i love futbol and i think it's just wrong that the teams that play to win are being eliminated by defensove teams and what seems to be an insane amount of luck.

Deal with it. While I agree with you about Perú and Paraguay horrible way of playing, if the ofensive teams don't find the way to score, there's no room to cry about it.

It's always been that way :p

Fady K

That Chile goal wasn't offside. I feel bad for the team. It should have been counted.

Many of you guys seem to be forgetting the deadly Guays. If they [/] were knocked out, then it would be a full-of-surprise Copa.

feel

Altazor said:
you called it, good sir. You should get a tag (something like "Copa América Prophet" or something) :)

ah, fuck this shit, I'm fucking pissed.
Noshino
Copa America's Paul the Octopus
(Today, 08:17 PM)
Reply | Quote

Fady K

DominoKid said:
worst Copa evar.

What makes this the worst Copa for me isn't that my favorites Brazil and Argentina got knocked out - it's how they got knocked out. I hate PK shootouts. Still though, did you see Brazil's shootout today? It HURT.

Fady K

The Omega Man said:
speak for yourself, I was fucking tired of Argentina-Brazil

it is time for a new world south American order where all countries have the tools and the chance to dominate

Obviously, it sucked for fans of the knocked out teams, mine included. Argentina have not gotten it in a while though. On the other hand, some of these countries haven't gotten it in a REALLY long time.

Noshino

DominoKid said:
worst Copa evar.

On the contrary, its the best one yet.

Futbol fans (specially CONMEBOL ones) should support it as it means that they matches aren't onsided anymore, the quality of the games increase.

There is no more "oh, Venezuela is next? well that's a free win"

Of course that is if you aren't a butthurt fan, one of those idiots that don't know how to take on a loss.

Altazor

HEY BORGHI, GO SUCK A DIIIIIICK. HOW CAN YOU BE SATISFIED WITH OUR TEAM'S PERFORMANCE WHEN WE GAVE AWAY THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF.

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

sorry people, had to vent.

Fady K

Noshino said:
On the contrary, its the best one yet.

Futbol fans (specially CONMEBOL ones) should support it as it means that they matches aren't onsided anymore, the quality of the games increase.

There is no more "oh, Venezuela is next? well that's a free win"

Of course that is if you aren't a butthurt fan, one of those idiots that don't know how to take on a loss.

I'm a fan of the knocked out teams, but it's always good for everyone to get a chance at the title.

Altazor said:
HEY BORGHI, GO SUCK A DIIIIIICK. HOW CAN YOU BE SATISFIED WITH OUR TEAM'S PERFORMANCE WHEN WE GAVE AWAY THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF.

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

sorry people, had to vent.

You don't have to be sorry, because you're damn right.

Bielsa, volveee

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I don't know why people are acting so shocked regarding the parity, three teams missed the 5th WC playoff spot by 1 point. This parity is great. I want to see CONMEBOL get another WC spot. If Argentina is knocked out because their terrible coach had a crap strategy and the players weren't a cohesive team, then that's on them. If Brazil is knocked out because they missed 4 pks while Paraguay cooly nailed their's (well except the first try), then that's on them.

Enough of this shit about the historic teams having some sort of god-given right to win. I hate the word "deserve" being used in sports. Sports is entertaining to me because it's a meritocracy. Yeah there's luck and randomness but there's also a ridiculous amount of preparation just to get there.

dacuk

bone_and_sinew said:
I don't know why people are acting so shocked regarding the parity, three teams missed the 5th WC playoff spot by 1 point. This parity is great. I want to see CONMEBOL get another WC spot. If Argentina is knocked out because their terrible coach had a crap strategy and the players weren't a cohesive team, then that's on them. If Brazil is knocked out because they missed 4 pks while Paraguay cooly nailed their's (well except the first try), then that's on them.

Enough of this shit about the historic teams having some sort of god-given right to win. I hate the word "deserve" being used in sports. Sports is entertaining to me because it's a meritocracy. Yeah there's luck and randomness but there's also a ridiculous amount of preparation just to get there.

applause.gif

The Omega Man said:
And now the humble pie award
crow.jpg
can you blame me for my confidence (okay maybe some arrogance)...it was venezuela for fuck sakes. chile missed a glorious opportunity this copa. goddamnit. they fucked themselves.

mozfan12

Banned
I am getting a bit worried where football is headed. Paraguay has gone to the quarter finals of the WC, and to the semis of Copa America, maybe even win the whole thing, solely with ties. They dindt even have a single shot on goal against Brazil. Thats pathetic but what can u do.

Noshino

mozfan12 said:
I am getting a bit worried where football is headed. Paraguay has gone to the quarter finals of the WC, and to the semis of Copa America, maybe even win the whole thing, solely with ties. They dindt even have a single shot on goal against Brazil. Thats pathetic but what can u do.

Well, they already played against Brazil and scored then.

And while they are playing a defensive football, you can't fault them for not scoring as much when they were the second highest scoring team of the first round.

gate777

I'm glad Argentina and Brasil are out, they thought that they were untouchable in the football world, serves them right. Goooo Uruguay.

DominoKid

Fady K said:
What makes this the worst Copa for me isn't that my favorites Brazil and Argentina got knocked out - it's how they got knocked out. I hate PK shootouts. Still though, did you see Brazil's shootout today? It HURT.

speak for yourself. Brazil's epic choke was the best moment of the Copa for me. one of the few good moments too btw. most of the games have been absolutely awful from a neutral perspective.

mozfan12 said:

i dont quite agree. the main thing that annoys me about soccer presently (and really since around 2005) is that teams play not to lose rather than to win. it makes sense because the stakes are so high these days but it kills the spirit of the game.

bone_and_sinew said:
Enough of this shit about the historic teams having some sort of god-given right to win.

Maybe I wasn't paying too much attention to this thread, but I don't remember anybody saying that, for example, Argentina had to win because, hey, it's Argentina (except for argengaf, who obviously had the right to say it).

bone_and_sinew said:
I hate the word "deserve" being used in sports. Sports is entertaining to me because it's a meritocracy. Yeah there's luck and randomness but there's also a ridiculous amount of preparation just to get there.

Why the hate? Of course you can say a team deserved to win a match, if that team was the one who was attacking all the time, trying to put a beautiful game, etc. against an ultra defensive team, that at any time, just because a random ball/whatever, scores and ends as the winner of the game.

"Meritocracy" and "deserve" are both linked, because [CAPTAIN OBVIOUS]a team that put a real effort to win the match, deserves to win.[/CAPTAIN OBVIOUS]

There is no meritocracy and there is no real effort in being defensive. That's simply anti-football, and to have zero respect for the people who pay to be in the stadium to watch a beautiful game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom