• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Chile 2015 |OT| Olé, Olé, Olé, Chee-lay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noshino

I can't believe we (Ecuador) lost 3-2 to this Bolivian side. God we suck.

to be fair though, this is the worst they have looked

their current setup makes no fucking sense.

So, Peru lost 2 great defensive players to cards, and instead of attacking that weakness, Bolivia decides to play more defense oriented, not getting their attackers in til half time...

like....wtf Bolivia

HardRojo

If Peru wins El Clásico del Pacífico I swear to God no one will go to work on Tuesday. Monday is a day off in the country too. Damm!

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
If Peru wins El Clásico del Pacífico I swear to God no one will go to work on Tuesday. Monday is a day off in the country too. Damm!
If that happens, expect worse amounts of salt from us Chileans than the shameful amount displayed by Uruguayans. In reality though, I can't imagine us losing against Peru this time.

If Perú wins being better, no salt from me.

Though, I'm confident we'll win. Chile has a better team.

Our defensive line is weak, truth to be told. We'll have to be 100% focused on Guerrero, Pizarro and Farfán. Those guys are the soul of Perú.

Noshino

If that happens, expect worse amounts of salt from us Chileans than the shameful amount displayed by Uruguayans. In reality though, I can't imagine us losing against Peru this time.

If Peru wins, I can see Chile declaring war within 6 hrs

If Perú wins being better, no salt from me.

Though, I'm confident we'll win. Chile has a better team.

Our defensive line is weak, truth to be told. We'll have to be 100% focused on Guerrero, Pizarro and Farfán. Those guys are the soul of Perú.

Cueva is the playmaker

Put a man on him and we don't have much else

I don't see Peru winning against Chile. Chile has the second most solid team in the tournament (Argentina being #1).

I'm open to surprises though.

PS: Since no one won the Steam game, I guess I'm moving my offer to Colombia - Argentina.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND a familiar image in the end of the game.

Cueva is the playmaker

Put a man on him and we don't have much else

He is very good, but I don't think he makes a huge difference. I'm much more worried about the other three. Besides the fact they play well, they're powerful from a physical point of view.

Kinda offtopic, but...

Is Cueva a tradicional peruvian last name? Here in Chile is Cuevas <-- with a S at the end.

This is the first time I see Cueva. I'm wondering if even in Perú is an exception.

HardRojo

He is very good, but I don't think he makes a huge difference. I'm much more worried about the other three. Besides the fact they play well, they're powerful from a physical point of view.

Kinda offtopic, but...

Is Cueva a tradicional peruvian last name? Here in Chile is Cuevas <-- with a S at the end.

This is the first time I see Cueva. I'm wondering if even in Perú is an exception.
I've seen both but I'd probably say Cueva is more common.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler

Kinda offtopic, but...

Cueva played in Union Española (awfully though, he is unrecognizable today,good for him).

I've seen both but I'd probably say Cueva is more common.

Interesting, thanks for answering :)

and congrats, your team played very well and for sure next monday will be one of those matches that one side will remember forever :D

Cueva played in Union Española (awfully though, he is unrecognizable today,good for him).

I know, the thing is, except for him, I've never met another person with that last name.

Caught the second half, enjoyable game. This is my first Copa America, and every match I've seen seems to have some heavy tension. Is this the norm for the Copa America?

Do you mean on the feld, outside the field or both?

Well just in this game, dudes were ready to throw some blows, you got the finger poke of doom, and the other matches I've seen have had some heated arguments. I'm unaware of the outside aspect of it, has there been some shit talking on that front too?

Yeah unlike the other confederations these players actually care
I imagine because SA is much more culturally alike, there's more competitiveness in their cup.

Caught the second half, enjoyable game. This is my first Copa America, and every match I've seen seems to have some heavy tension. Is this the norm for the Copa America?

Ever since the one in 95' I hadn't seen such tension really. Back then Brasil tried to turn around the Maracanazo but Uruguay steamrolled (literally) every team they played against, including Brazil. They played dirty as hell. When Colombia played against them we ended up with three injured players, one of them with a broken nose (Asprilla).

Yeah unlike the other confederations these players actually care
Trying to throw down isn't caring.

It's usually worst during Libertadores. But for Copa America, this is the most tense I've ever seen. Must be due to the South American "renaissance" with Chile, Uruguay and Colombia having good teams after a long period sucking. The teams are hungry for glory. Years ago, everyone would expect to lose the title to Brazil or Argentina.

Well just in this game, dudes were ready to throw some blows, you got the finger poke of doom, and the other matches I've seen have had some heated arguments. I'm unaware of the outside aspect of it, has there been some shit talking on that front too?

I imagine because SA is much more culturally alike, there's more competitiveness in their cup.

Well, for a lot of people here in SA, football is almost like a religion. We REALLY love the sport, so you can see there's a lot passion, both good and bad. It's by a huge margin the most popular one in every country.

Also, as Ganzlinger pointed out, today the teams are more even than ever. For example, decades ago, Venezuela and Bolivia were utter crap, today they're very good teams (despite Bolivia's today performance).

So, the three big ones, Argentina, Brasil and Uruguay have to push themselves very hard to win against the rest.

Finally, and sadly, because of wars and other territorial conflicts, we basically hate each other.

As individuals, it varies, but as nations, we still need to learn a lot about respect.

NolbertoS

Arriba el Peru, carajo. I'm happy that Peru qualified as a Peruvian-Canadian. Peru-Chile matched are always heated and hope the host country doesnMt get phantom calls, but maybe because of Uruguay's bitching, Chile might not get favourable calls against Peru. Should be a good match. Gareca has made Peru a better defensive team and made them believe that anything is possible. Hope this brings Peru confidence in WCQ.

FuuRe

Should be a good match. Gareca has made Peru a better defensive team and made them believe that anything is possible. Hope this brings Peru confidence in WCQ.

Yeah, looking forward to next monday, Perú has been steadily increasing their performance in this Copa América, it should be an interesting match.

I miss a small peruvian player that shone in the last WC qualy, i think he was in his mid-30's also, really small and fast, cannot remember his name.

I've seen dudes getting beatings (10+ vs 1) over nothing, just for wearing the opposite team shirt on public. It's a level of irrational fuckery justifiable only by people without common sense. For example the Vidal-Ferrari incident, you could see people arguing everywhere you went to about if he should or shouldn't be expelled from the national team, also people went to the police precinct he was in to give him (support) and demanding police for his release.

I won't explain anything in detail because i really can't, but some people has small things to fight for in their lives, and are already plagued by debts and miserable lives, so they turn to fútbol, people is crazy this shit and don't care about double standards or hypocrisy, they just care for the players and the team.

Salsa

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/26/mainz-gonzalo-jara-edinson-cavani-bottom

Mainz are ready to offload Gonzalo Jara after the Chile international made headlines at the Copa América by appearing to poke Edinson Cavani&#8217;s bottom before falling to the floor theatrically when the Uruguay striker retaliated.

&#8220;We do not tolerate that. More than the prod, however, it is what comes afterwards that makes me angry. I hate theatrics more than anything.&#8221;

good riddance, you lost your job dumbass

Salsa

it's a weird statement given that you can probably find a lot of theatrics in Mainz but eh he's saying the right thing for the situation

Santiako

Argentina: Sergio Romero; Pablo Zabaleta, Ezequiel Garay, Nicolás Otamendi, Marcos Rojo; Lucias Biglia, Javie Mascherano,Javier Pastore; Lionel Messi, Sergio Agüero y Ángel di María.

Colombia: David Ospina; Santiago Arias, Jeison Murillo, Cristian Zapata, Alexander Mejía, Juan Guillermo Cuadrado, Víctor Ibarbo, Camilo Zúñiga; James Rodríguez; Teófilo Gutiérrez y Jackson Martínez.

Falcao out, Jackson in. Argentina the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom