• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Xizk

All the bans really killed the potential of a NA team that could challenge the Euros and I don't see it changing for a long while.

chessnut

Nah, don't think it was with Shox. Also, Shox is the perfect example of a guy with sportsmanship. I remember him scolding at Fxy0 for knifing someone during ESL One Cologne, because it was disrespectful. :d

nah epsilon did forfeit when they had shox on their team, i'm 100% sure of it. and yeah, i never expected swag or azk to do that kind of stuff either. Hell, who thought SF hacked?

CoolS

All the bans really killed the potential of a NA team that could challenge the Euros and I don't see it changing for a long while.
It's not even thaz. At this point I'd say unless a NA Team spends a significant time in Europe, they won't be able to catch up to the top teams in EU.

Xizk

It's not even thaz. At this point I'd say unless a NA Team spends a significant time in Europe, they won't be able to catch up to the top teams in EU.

iBP was getting there. They beat LDLC and managed to take maps from fnatic. GX would have been interesting to watch but that dream is dead ;_;

soultron

Banned
Feel like I've been in the slump of a lifetime. I just don't feel like myself when I play anymore. Playing with people who really try to force the role of IGL when you're doing a PUG feels like a shitty idea. I hate having my playstyle overly directed, and then people freaking when they try to direct me but I don't listen -- they're OK if I manage to trade or clutch, but if I get killed they tend to be all, "told you so." It gets on my nerves.

My aim and gamesense (lol) has gone to shit too. I need to spend time practising learning the basics again, feels like.

I miss playing GAF games with animl, udiie, omega, and mayhem. That was some of the most fun I've ever had playing CS. None of us took it too seriously, we got along, and I found that worked well enough for us, most of the time.

Ludono

Feel like I've been in the slump of a lifetime. I just don't feel like myself when I play anymore. Playing with people who really try to force the role of IGL when you're doing a PUG feels like a shitty idea. I hate having my playstyle overly directed, and then people freaking when they try to direct me but I don't listen -- they're OK if I manage to trade or clutch, but if I get killed they tend to be all, "told you so." It gets on my nerves.

My aim and gamesense (lol) has gone to shit too. I need to spend time practising learning the basics again, feels like.

I miss playing GAF games with animl, udiie, omega, and mayhem. That was some of the most fun I've ever had playing CS. None of us took it too seriously, we got along, and I found that worked well enough for us, most of the time.

Yeah, while I do love the competitive spirit CS provides, at the end of the day it's a game meant for me to have fun and enjoy. Obviously I don't want to lose and want to rank higher but in the end I just want to have fun win or lose (though winning is always preferrable hehe). It's quite annoying when you get matched with people who take it WAY too seriously.

udiie

me too man. ive been slumping hard too

impact

Banned

Maybe try changing your sens/crosshair/res? Sometimes a small change can help me get out of a slump. I've been kinda lowering my sens every couple months just a little bit when I feel I need to.

ironmang

I think poor talent management is the problem. Doesn't seem like organizations really seek to build a top team instead of just taking on already established groups of 5. Even this past weekend you see players like desi and nitr0 that just aren't surrounded by 4 more players of the same skill.

Rivitur

Banned
Give me a month! We shall have a gay ole time I assure you!

udiie

In an exclusive video given to HLTV.org, fxy0 admits to "not playing their best" in the game versus OverGaming last year.

Last week Epsilon announced the removal of Robin "GMX" Stahmer from the roster. Shortly after Stahmer dropped a post stating that his teammates allegedly fixed the result against OverGaming in the season 17 of ESEA last year which ended 16-3 to the spanish side.

Epsilon chose to suspend their CS:GO roster pending further investigation. Meanwhile GMX dropped another post stating that ScreaM was innocent.

Joey "fxy0" Schlosser has now sent a video to HLTV.org where he admits to have played bad on purpose.

incoming ban from all majors

udiie

hahahaha this is so awesome
perfect way to cap off that excellent tournament they held

Well if they don't all get banned then that's some serious fuckin bullshit. I can understand why myRevenge didn't get banned because they have no chance at going to a major regardless.

i sincerely hope they do. im really curious to see what kqly is supposedly coming forward with

ChrisW

F5EE2CDA701F475F5D5AF375C413277438DFC969

Karambit anybody?

I'm doing pretty well at this trading thing ;)

ChrisW

Can you take my Baynonett and make it into something even better? :D
I accept PayPal for my services ;)

But seriously I don't want to try trade up other people things just incase something bad happens, cause I don't have the money to pay people back for it.

cHinzo

Just had a 16-14 win (the best) on my main. Was afraid that my skills were gone after playing on my smurf too often, instead of playing on my badge account and I started out pretty roughly. Went 0-4 before making my first kill during an eco. Luckily my teammates saved us during the first pistol, acing em during a 2 vs 4 so the first couple of rounds were pretty close going 5-5, until they took off on their T side and we ended with a 6-9 half. After winning pistol again, we tied up and took the lead with our T pushes. Ended up top fragging with 27 kills though. :D

How do stickers work when there's a team swap? Is it organization or player based?

Are TSM and EVU going to get them for Katowice because of their players or is it going to stay for Dignitas and LDLC? Are the ex-LDLC and Dignitas players getting any cut from the sold stickers?

MayMay

Banned

I know that very well.. I've basically been in a slump since October/November - but I'm slowly working my way towards improving again. There was a time when I just didn't hit any of my shots and was a consistent bottomfragger.. Not anymore though lol. Phew.

Also, we should totally play some more again. Heh.. Omega surely won't participate (rip) - but apart from that we're all still very much alive and available for some games.

cHinzo

nah epsilon did forfeit when they had shox on their team, i'm 100% sure of it. and yeah, i never expected swag or azk to do that kind of stuff either. Hell, who thought SF hacked?

The thrown game should be this match and no, Shox was not on the team during that time, because the French shuffle happened in august.

Are TSM and EVU going to get them for Katowice because of their players or is it going to stay for Dignitas and LDLC? Are the ex-LDLC and Dignitas players getting any cut from the sold stickers?

Need a minimum of 3/5 players of the same squad to get invited to the major. Since they didn't change players, only the org, TSM and EVU are going to attend Katowice without needing to get through the qualifiers (because they both reached at least the play-offs of the last major).

I know that very well.. I've basically been in a slump since October/November - but I'm slowly working my way towards improving again. There was a time when I just didn't hit any of my shots and was a consistent bottomfragger.. Not anymore though lol. Phew.

Also, we should totally play some more again. Heh.. Omega surely won't participate (rip) - but apart from that we're all still very much alive and available for some games.

Yup. I'll be back soon.

Ludono

Watching a VOD for Clutchcon and during the half hour pause on the CLG - Fnatic match they have a super long conversation in chat... funny stuff.

5Zmb.jpg

cresto

Yeah...just icing on the cake. The whole event was a bit of a mess. I am hopeful they learned a ton and can improve upon it and will continue to put on the event. I still have a pretty good time. Once the network issues died down, it was fun playing CS with some guys there. Did the 1k open tourney. Got spanked 0-3. I did fine, but had two guys who couldn't kill guys at all. Fucking nova's. I carried as hard as I could dropping 20+ and even a 30 bomb to no avail.

Until next time I guess

soultron

Banned
lol @ that last olofm comment.

And yeah, it'd be really nice to play again with you dudes again. I'll try to be on this week a bit for some GAF games.

Rivitur

Banned
Gplay > CW
Haj > Next

Playing the odds. :"D

Both of these bets seem scary to me. I don't know either of those Haj or Next teams and gplay seems like a bit of a longshot but not enough to bet on CW with 70/30 odds.

Hmm.. maybe just a token bet on gplay for a possible upset.
Hmm gpaly hasn't looked good in the last few matches they've had.

But idk. I don't feel like I'm getting the betting vibe today like I usually do. I feel like after winning my clutch con bets I'm just like whatever. I'll just bet on first instinct and I don't care.

Also the hajv bet is only because dumas and bendji are playing.

For those who don't watch Ausie CS face it will be broadcasting the faceit Oceanic tournament (6 teams) on feb 9 with vox and immunity both taking part.

Ghizz

Is there a gaf community on csgo that play together? Or mostly separated by ranks? I;m fluctuating between nova 4 and mg2 -__-

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish they'd add UK servers, London is always a go to and my ping would be around 15ms instead of 40ms that I get now. Our community is pretty huge as well so it would make sense. It may even help avoid all the laggy Russians, it would be nice to face people who don't have 100+ms and lag all over the screen.

Top Bottom