• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Hay guys. I know I moved out and haven't been answering CS's calls but don't worry it's not your fault. I still love you all very much but The Witcher makes me feel young and beautiful and fills me up inside in a way CS never could. You'll understand when you're older. Goodbye forever.

-trifflin'pete
<3

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
This anti ESEA cirklejerk on Reddit has gotten so crazy, it's unbelievable.

If you're not ok with having such an intrusive anti cheat that's totally fine, just don't buy ESEA no one's forcing you to. But stop trying to convice others that it's the worst thing in the world and that lpkane will literally steal every bit of information on your computer.
They spread so much panic, it's crazy.

People wanted a more intrusive anti cheat and they got it. If you didn't, fine just go play somewhere else.

Ozium

Hay guys. I know I moved out and haven't been answering CS's calls but don't worry it's not your fault. I still love you all very much but The Witcher makes me feel young and beautiful and fills me up inside in a way CS never could. You'll understand when you're older. Goodbye forever.

-trifflin'pete
<3

the witcher is bad tho

nothing can hold a candle to Clicker Heroes

MayMay

Banned

If you're not ok with having such an intrusive anti cheat that's totally fine, just don't buy ESEA no one's forcing you to. But stop trying to convice others that it's the worst thing in the world and that lpkane will literally steal every bit of information on your computer.

People wanted a more intrusive anti cheat and they got it. If you didn't, fine go play somewhere else.

What ESEA is doing atm is absolutely disgusting period. If you do not think that, you just don't know everything about the whole thing :p

Omega

Banned

People wanted a more intrusive anti cheat and they got it. If you didn't, fine go play somewhere else.

Reddit is also the same place that turned against CDPR because graphics were a little worse than CDPR wanted us to believe. In an era where shitty practices ruin games and we get 25% of a game for $60 and people want to act like CDPR is Hitler over slightly worse graphics..

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
What's wrong with ESEA thing?

They updated their client so it now runs 24/7 and monitors all the stuff on your pc to make the anti cheat more intrusive and more effective. People on Reddit are super afraid now that they will steal all your information etc.

I mean it always had access to all data on your pc, the only difference now is that it runs all the time in the background instead of only when you open it but somehow people are suddenly up in arms about it while begging Valve for a more intrusive VAC for years.

I mean look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/33gckl/more_intrusiveinvasive_anticheat_software/
There are countless threads like this and each time the overwhelming consensus is that people want the anti cheat to be more intrusive. And now that ESEA does it it's suddenly the worst thing in the world.

Again, no one's forcing them to buy ESEA. If you don't want the anti cheat to monitor your pc then just don't buy it, problem solved.

Cruncho

They updated their client so it now runs 24/7 and monitors all the stuff on your pc to make the anti cheat more intrusive and more effective. People on Reddit are super afraid now that they will steal all your information etc.

I mean it always had access to all data on your pc, the only difference now is that it runs all the time in the background instead of only when you open it but somehow people are suddenly up in arms about it while begging Valve for a more intrusive VAC for years.

I mean look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/33gckl/more_intrusiveinvasive_anticheat_software/
There are countless threads like this and each time the overwhelming consensus is that people want the anti cheat to be more intrusive. And now that ESEA does it it's suddenly the worst thing in the world.

Again, no one's forcing them to buy ESEA. If you don't want the anti cheat to monitor your pc then just don't buy it, problem solved.
Their main issue with esea is that the owner is shady as hell and won't provide any information about the client update other than "if you dont like it, unsubscribe". This is the same guy who was caught out installing bitcoin miners onto people's computers, so his reluctance to release any information about the update has a lot of people questioning it.

MayMay

Banned

You say this and keep defending it? You cant be serious.

Overdoziz

Banned
All this Ibuki PC building talk makes me want to upgrade my GPU. Found a Gigabyte 970 for &#8364;350 which also includes codes for Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight and really feel like pulling the trigger on that. Along with a new PSU it'd be around &#8364;410 - &#8364;420.
Hopefully I can sell my consoles soon. :D

rugioh

Banned

I mean look at this

People may be saying that they're angry because of the new anti-cheat, but I think that lpkane's attitude is what really tipped the scales. If he had been a little more PC with his response to the community we wouldn't be talking about this issue most likely. Can't say that I want to see him keep getting away with being an asshole so I'm enjoying this.

cresto

My issue with the ESEA client is that I am stuck because my team is currently in Open. The fact that they implemented this mid-season just shows how disrespectful they are of the community. I honestly don't feel comfortable logging into my financials on my own computer now because of this overly intrusive software update that actually feels like its violating my rights.

I have to tough it out because I've spent the money and time on my team already, but I can't wait to unsub from esea as soon as the season ends.

Edit:
I was banned a week for speaking my mind on GAF. Finally got unbanned. Stupid mods are a little overly ban happy it seems.

Also, I am so fucking tired of all the W3 downgrade talks. I don't care that it doesn't look AS good as they showed off over a year ago. All I care about is the world is awesome, the game is addicting and interesting, plus its better looking than anything on the xbone as far as I can tell. Isn't that enough? People on forums are taking this too far. CDPR isn't ubisoft or EA. They did what they had to to make the game possible. I'm damn happy they made it a reality. It's the first game in a long time to pull me away from GO.

Overdoziz

Banned
Edit:
I was banned a week for speaking my mind on GAF. Finally got unbanned. Stupid mods are a little overly ban happy it seems.

Also, I am so fucking tired of all the W3 downgrade talks. I don't care that it doesn't look AS good as they showed off over a year ago. All I care about is the world is awesome, the game is addicting and interesting, plus its better looking than anything on the xbone as far as I can tell. Isn't that enough? People on forums are taking this too far. CDPR isn't ubisoft or EA. They did what they had to to make the game possible. I'm damn happy they made it a reality. It's the first game in a long time to pull me away from GO.
Yes, this is an excellent place to rant about these things.

All this Ibuki PC building talk makes me want to upgrade my GPU. Found a Gigabyte 970 for €350 which also includes codes for Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight and really feel like pulling the trigger on that. Along with a new PSU it'd be around €410 - €420.
Hopefully I can sell my consoles soon. :D
Hmm

I've got a 7950 and I might upgrade it to a 970 this summer. It depends on what AMD does with the 3XX line.

Rivitur

Banned
Edit:

Come on cresto you can't have an opinion on GAF that's not the mods opinion. That will get you banned.

MayMay

Banned
Edit:

I'm having the exact same opinion, guess I can be lucky I did not speak out loud in one of the threads... lol. Fuck all the haters, the game is amazing and beautiful.

Edit: And to all the "false advertisement" guys -- we've been seeing the proper game all year already. It doesnt matter how it looked like in 2013, it really doesnt.

5c810a7dc8.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe..._acknowledges_the_hitbox_issue_says_they_are/

As a new owner of a beast PC, I feel sorry for console plebs RE: Witcher 3. http://steamcommunity.com/id/peakysnete/screenshots/

All those complaints in the thread about fps and what not.. mines buttery smoove. My 970 is the bee's knees.

Back on topic: glad I chose not to buy ESEA last month :x

and when the fuck are we getting a new operation?

Operation Toxic Today! Season! Nuke 2.0! :D
Gaben has abandoned us. Abandon all hope all ye that enter :(

Top Bottom