• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crusader Kings 2 MP Community Thread of Count, Duke, King, Emperor and MGO

fanboi

Banned
8GVCppQ.jpg

GAF MP community thread where we organize and play CK2 (same as EU4 thread where you can find here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668353)

We always play with latest major DLC (currently as of 26/4 Rajas of India), which only the host need to own for other people to be able to play it.

Players

fanboi
KingSnake
Morfeo
Haly
phoenixyz
mgo
Colkate
CloudWolf
Valhelm
Crabbhelmet
MrKnives

Preliminary Players
tomalexi

Rules
  • Start year is 867
  • You are allowed to create your own dynasty
  • Assassinations etc are allowed, but please refrain to do so if it would mean game over for the player

When
Game time is Tuesday and Thursday 22:00-00:00 CEST. First session 15th of May.

WHO PLAYS WHO:

So this is how it looks like right now:

Code:
Morfeo		Yabguid Beylerbeylik		Red
Haly		Hashimid Emirate		Purple
Colkate		Petty Kingdom of Holmgardr 	Yellow
MGO		Petty Kingdom of Jorvik		Pink
phoenixyz 	Duchy of Saxony			Orange
KingSnake	Duchy of Wallachia		White
CloudWolf	Duchy of Tuscany		Brown
fanboi		Petty Kingdom of Svibjod	Blue
Crabbhelmet	Jattabid Emirate		Grey
Valhelm		Petty Kingdom of Ostlandet	Green
MrKnives	Duchy of Poitou			Dark red

If you can give a time and date, I'll do my best to be there. I think this would be really interesting to see how it works online.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You don't play nations, but rulers, and it's best to choose a strong ruler at the start. If you have the Old Gods DLC, I suggest, Bjorn Ironside of Svitjod.

The game is very complex though, far more so than EU4 that I think it might take some time for everyone to get up to speed.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Haha, I like the title. Yeah, the MP for this will be slower in expansion than the EU one. Being a king as a beginner could be a quite a pain, depends also on the kingdom. A strong duke within a big kingdom could be a good option.

phoenixyz

Hm, no we will not do that I would say unless more people want to use mods...

Since a lot of people is new to MP and CK2 in general it would be more wise to go with vanilla.
Well, CK2+ retains the vanilla feel but improves all kinds of stuff.
But I just saw that the Rajas of India version is not finished yet so it's not possible anyway.

Kabouter

Just tried this shit for a bit with fanboi, yeah, this isn't for me. Have fun guys, but I'll just play EU4 SP or something.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Come on Kab, this will be fun. You are not the only n00b here!

Awesome thread title btw, but is MGO not joining us?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
So if Emperor is currently the best title in the game, and for huge territories like the byzantine empire, persian empire or german/holy roman empire, what is the MGO-title considering its even higher? Pope? God?

Haly

I played a few games of CK2 recently to test out life as a Duke and I have to say...

Playing this on 2 speed is going to be a chore, unless you're Pagans. The unreliability of Casus Bellis and the nature of strategic marriage means it can be a long time before you see any action. I don't know what this means for a multiplayer session but it seems like our usual speed 2 would be too slow. Even 3 would be a bit grating, with long sessions of nothing happening.

fanboi

Banned
I played a few games of CK2 recently to test out life as a Duke and I have to say...

Playing this on 2 speed is going to be a chore, unless you're Pagans. The unreliability of Casus Bellis and the nature of strategic marriage means it can be a long time before you see any action. I don't know what this means for a multiplayer session but it seems like our usual speed 2 would be too slow. Even 3 would be a bit grating, with long sessions of nothing happening.

Really? Thought it would be more to do compared to EU4.

Haly

Well it ultimately comes down to where you are and what character you're playing. Pagans have an easier time of it, especially with the subjugation CBs. Since all of Scandinavia starts as Petty Kings (dukes), there's no blob that's a threat to you. Compare that to the Indian subcontinent, with a few giant blobs like Gujharat (kingdoms) and a few indepdent Dukedoms, well, the Dukes get bullied out pretty fast. And once you get swallowed up by a King, expansion is almost impossible because the AI loves to raise crown authority as high as possible and doesn't really seem to be affected by its malluses.

So your choices are to play a super duke, or a heavily ducal territory, or a king. Christians can't expand that fast out of their de jure territory either.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I agree with Haly, the speed must be at list 3. Otherwise it will be quite boring for a non-king player. We can agree to lower it to 2 for a war or something. We might even start next week if you want, now that the EU game is over.

Fitz

I'm ready for some more Paradox MP, the two longer sessions model works a lot better for me. Not sure how I feel about CK2 MP versus EU4, but I've got the time, just going to need a mid/easy character to play. Not enough time spent with CK2 to handle some Duke in Mali.

fanboi

Banned
I'm ready for some more Paradox MP, the two longer sessions model works a lot better for me. Not sure how I feel about CK2 MP versus EU4, but I've got the time, just going to need a mid/easy character to play. Not enough time spent with CK2 to handle some Duke in Mali.

Nice, I add you to the OP.

Also, is everyone fine with starting next week? Lets play on Tuesday and then skip Thursday since I will not be able then

Who can host?

ALSO, EVERYONE PM WHAT DUKE/COUNT YOU WANT TO PLAY AS AND I WILL DECIDE WHICH ONE YOU GET

Fitz

Next week is perfect for me, I'd be glad to host, but I haven't bought Rajas of India yet. I'll have to think about what character to play though, so many to pick from.

Volodja

The times are completely unworkable for me, but I'll try to at least follow this one, I'm definitely more accustomed to CK2 than I am with EU4

Veezy

que?
I'll be sure to follow and enjoy the antics, but the time won't work for me living EST.

Somebody try to play a Jain. It's a blasty blast.

fanboi

Banned
As I said in PM, please send me a couple of families you want to play as so I can place you so it will strategically be OK.

Haly

I assume we'll be using a 867 start?

fanboi

Banned
Some pointers for all:

• Start year is 867
  • You are allowed to create your own dynasty
  • Assassinations etc are allowed, but please refrain to do so if it would mean game over for the player
  • We start 13th of May 21:00 CET

Who plays who will come soon.

Top Bottom