• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

woeds

[HP] said:
hey guys, I hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread to announce my custom Config to Crysis.
I like your config, but is there any way to tone the HDR down a bit? The sky is a bit to bright for my taste

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
traveler said:
Urk, what are you running this on?

Intel Core Duo 6750 with 2GB dual channel and an 8800gt. Windows XP stripped to the bones and the custom config file to enable the very high settings with DX9.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Damn, I was running 2xAA with at a good 30fps clip and then I hit the section just after the tank assault and Crysis brought my rig to it's mother fuckin' knees. Ouch. Turned it off and got back up before the ten count. Holy Mother of Crytek this game is a graphical beast.

woeds

Some shots with HP's config

hp_crys1.jpg

hp_crys2.jpg

hp_crys3.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
urk said:
Damn, I was running 2xAA with at a good 30fps clip and then I hit the section just after the tank assault and Crysis brought my rig to it's mother fuckin' knees. Ouch. Turned it off and got back up before the ten count. Holy Mother of Crytek this game is a graphical beast.
AA is just too demanding right now. I never use it. Edge AA is fine (and necessary), but standard AA (for non-foliage objects) destroys the framerate.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
dark10x said:
AA is just too demanding right now. I never use it. Edge AA is fine (and necessary), but standard AA (for non-foliage objects) destroys the framerate.

It was running like a champ until I went subterranean. Frame rate did a little spelunking too, for obvious reasons.

woeds

KyanMehwulfe said:
Yeah those look sick.
Looks worse in motion. There's a lot of aliasing on the foliage.
And also, the map you're playing makes a hell of a difference too. There are some pretty awesome custom maps out there which look so much better than the Crytek stuff.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
woeds said:
Looks worse in motion. There's a lot of aliasing on the foliage.
And also, the map you're playing makes a hell of a difference too. There are some pretty awesome custom maps out there which look so much better than the Crytek stuff.
I dunno, if you use "r_useedgeaa 2" the foliage looks very good even at lower resolutions. The rest of the game, however, would benefit greatly from regular AA...but that happens to destroy your framerate.

are there any settings that I can change in the system.cfg file to get the motion blur on my weapons? or do I have to use one of the dx10 in XP configs and lose the custom config from this thread? And it seems like some of the dx10 in XP configs won't work after the patch? halp please...

I'm confused...

traveler

Not Wario
urk said:
Intel Core Duo 6750 with 2GB dual channel and an 8800gt. Windows XP stripped to the bones and the custom config file to enable the very high settings with DX9.

Thanks. That's pretty much exactly what I'll be running it on; (only exception being a 6850 instead of your 6750, but I don't think that will make much of a difference anyway) good to know I'm in for a treat. :D

Edit: Whoa. HP's shots look friggin amazing.

Zenith

Banned
woeds said:

such as?

Borys

Banned

Holy crap this looks real.

This game just keeps on giving. It will be funny if Crysis will still be the GFX king at the end of 2008. After Far Cry 2, MGS4 and Killzone 2 launched. I kind of doubt it, but there is a slim chance!

woeds

Borys said:

This game just keeps on giving. It will be funny if Crysis will still be the GFX king at the end of 2008. After Far Cry 2, MGS4 and Killzone 2 launched. I kind of doubt it, but there is a slim chance!
I think you'll be surprised. I've only been playing with all the different settings and custom content for a couple of days, but it's pretty obvious already that this engine is capable of so much more than you see in Crysis.

What I really want to see though is a non-jungle/forest map. We all know how great Crysis is at rendering vegetation, but it would be interesting to see a map/mod with an urban setting.

Borys said:

:lol

There is nothing on the horizon that even gives this game a serious run for it's money, let alone top it for it's visuals.

I'd say near the end of 2009 at the earliest.

Maybe.

Borys

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
:lol

There is nothing on the horizon that even gives this game a serious run for it's money, let alone top it for it's visuals.

I'd say near the end of 2009 at the earliest.

Maybe.

I know, I know.

Honestly I hope Crysis gets dethroned the moment we see Crysis 2 pics, not a second earlier.

Borys said:
I know, I know.

Honestly I hope Crysis gets dethroned the moment we see Crysis 2 pics, not a second earlier.
Eh, you haven't even played the game yet.

And Crysis 2 will be using a further enhanced version of the same engine, which still has a whole other level of shader tech that is being intentionally locked out of it for time being. So it'll look good, but the current game will also see a significant jump in visuals once hardware that can handle it is out.

Oreoleo

Hm, so something odd has started happening. Everytime I hit a checkpoint midlevel there is an intense loading time upwards of 20 seconds. This didn't happen earlier in the game, where a checkpoint would result in a split second hiccup, maybe. Any tips or ideas on how to fix this fellas?

Doc Evils

Here's some new pics with the new patch and HP's file. sorry for serious the bandwith rape:

71ea05y.jpg

6xpw32r.jpg

8dx2dep.jpg

6nuyk1x.jpg

8f42k4g.jpg

8c0i0ao.jpg

8660ks0.jpg

87jgcqd.jpg

6xrqq9s.jpg

821pjr8.jpg

7w5wmww.jpg

7wtmg48.jpg

6jnsmc7.jpg

82kvt6o.jpg

6lkflt3.jpg

71zo1a1.jpg

8f4om7s.jpg

6sa0odg.jpg

8fla0au.jpg

6u4vga1.jpg

878tisx.jpg

8e9sdg4.jpg

6l1ma28.jpg

8g3xjqv.jpg

73kk7qp.jpg

for some reason my games runs smoother now? and how comes I don't have shadows coming from the grass?

Borys said:

What they would be wise to do is re-release the game via a new stand-alone expansion. It opens up a much stronger marketing route, and lets them sort of capture the feel of a re-release or 0.5 sequel rather than just an expansion (a glorified purchased patch/upgrade).

Throw in 'Very Very High' and it still decimates anything else on the market (unless another PC title catches up in which case it's still in good company).

traveler

Not Wario
Looks like it. (a fake, that is) Hell, I've seen shots of Crysis that look better than that. Although, didn't the Crytek head dude say that, now that they've developed two IPs with two different engines, they would probably feel free to use the same engine to work on a sequel?

VaLiancY

I'm going to buy this game and just look at the mountain range and jungles. Screw fighting the Koreans, I'm going to become one with this virtual nature. :lol

Wow, this game just looks godly...O_O.

Just for kicks, what do you guys think the chances are of the next Elder Scrolls game having graphics comparable to Crysis?

traveler

Not Wario
Dark FaZe said:

Just for kicks, what do you guys think the chances are of the next Elder Scrolls game having graphics comparable to Crysis?

Unlikely, considering that rumors seem to hint at it being an MMO.

Borys

Banned
Dark FaZe said:

If the next Elder Scrolls will be made for Xbox III then you can bet it will have graphics WAY better than Crysis.

Borys said:
If the next Elder Scrolls will be made for Xbox III then you can bet it will have graphics WAY better than Crysis.

If it takes a 4 year or so cycle like Oblivion, then we'd be looking at 2010+ which I'd assume would be an Xbox 3 launch title along with a PC version (though I'm not sure when the new consoles will launch). But Crysis quality forests and the like would be truly amazing with a game of Oblivions scope.

traveler said:
Unlikely, considering that rumors seem to hint at it being an MMO.

I'm going to hope that this isn't true :(.

[HP]

I'm glad you like my config guys! :)

For those who think the bloom/HDR is exagerated, simply edit this line:
r_HDRlevel=0.8,
and change it to Crysis default value:
r_HDRlevel=0.7.

Also, to decrease the bloom, you may want to try a slighly higher value for the r_EyeAdaptationBase, something like r_EyeAdaptationBase=0.4.

Cheers, any feedback send it to my e-mail: helderhp"@"gmail.com

Also, you might wanna check this discussion thread: http://crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=13790

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
VaLiancY said:
I'm going to buy this game and just look at the mountain range and jungles. Screw fighting the Koreans, I'm going to become one with this virtual nature. :lol

The jungles look good, but it gets better. And by better, I mean HOLY FUCKING SHIT MY MONITOR IS SEXING ME SO HARD RIGHT NOW better.

M_A_C

[HP] said:
hey guys, I hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread to announce my custom Config to Crysis.

Hélder [HP] Pinto - Ultra High Quality Costum Config V1.3 RC3

Increase the quality of Crysis with this Ultra High Quality Autoexec.
This autoexec includes all the features and graphics improvements available on Very High (Dx10).

This config has been tweaked to run Crysis within it's maximum beauty, while still getting minimaly smooth/playable FPS!
Minimum System recomended is a Nvidia 8800, 2GB RAM and a fairly good dual core CPU.

- Better shadows
- HDR
- Parallax Mapping
- Very high quality textures, terrain and vegetation
- Lightning improved
- High Quality particles
- Tweaked Lods for best FPS/Quality relation.

Installing:
1. Paste the "CVarGroups" folder into the folder "*:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game\Config", and overwrite the existing one. (Backup you're old one if you want)
2. Go ingame and set all the Graphics Settings to HIGH.
3. Paste the file "autoexec.cfg", under the root of you're Game folder, "*:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game".

Change Log & Bug Fixes

Version 1.1 ~ release 23-12-2007
* Removed the blue distant trees artifacts.
* Removed very noticable vegetation popping effect with grass and shrubs.
* Increased the resolution of sprites, and tweaked sprites lods.
* Improved LODs.
* Improved particle LODs that caused mass usage of CPU.

Version 1.2 ~ release 03-01-2007
* Minor Tweaks.
* Removed useless "sys_budget_sysmem" "and sys_budget_videomem" commands.
* Added Very High Settings "CVarGroups" folder, to trick the game to use Level 4 graphics detail. ( Very High Dx10)

Version 1.3 RC1 ~ release 12-01-2007
* Improved physics, and particles.
* Fixed exaggerated green fluorescent vegetation when entering darker environments.
* Increased resolution of distance sprites, and increased the distance where 3D vegetation is visible.
* Added all the previous "CVarGroups" folder commands, onto the autoexec.cfg itself.
* Tweaked Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO):
- Shadows slighly brighter, and more detailed at close ranges.
- Brighter environments when playing at night.
- Fixed bug with Night Vision Goggles when playing at night.

Version 1.3 RC2 ~ release 14-01-2007
* Improved FPS

Version 1.3 RC3 ~ release 15-01-2007
* Improved FPS
* Improved water
* Due to bugs in the readings of the autoexec.cfg , readded Very High Settings "CVarGroups" folder,
to trick the game to use Level 4 graphics detail.
* Added a few FPS gain commands.

Brief explanation on what the "CVarGroups" folder does:
Basically, in Crysis there is 4 levels of detail. But the 4th one, is locked on WindowsXP,
this "CVarGroups" folder unlocks it, making the 3th level (HIGH) looking just like the
4th (Very High), so what you need to do it set everything to High in the Graphics Options menu,
and in fact, you'll be running the game in very high!
Works on both Windows XP and Windows Vista (x86 and x64).

---------------------------

Config made by Hélder "[HP]" Pinto
www.helderpinto.com

DOWNLOAD

Mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/83973666/ultrahighqualitycfg_1.3rc3.zip.html

Official discussion thread:
http://crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=13790

COMPARISONS: (From left to right, High | Very High | [HP] Very High Costum Config (Screenshots taken in my custom map)

2005209884650846768_rs.jpg

2005291954324079113_rs.jpg

Crysis game screenshots:

Thanks! tried this and it looks awesome.

traveler

Not Wario
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered my rig along with Crysis. (Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, 4GB RAM, 8800GTX) Hopefully, I'll be able to get a pretty decent experience.

Oreoleo

That's basically my exact set up (Except, e6750 oc'ed). Can play the game everything on high, or with HP's config at 1280x1024 at a solid 20-25 fps. Probably be able to do better than that if you're not using Vista too.

rs7k

Holy Jesus. I need a gaming PC stat.

Are they any other games that will look like this coming on the PC anytime in the next year? That's what I'm worried about, the market only cares about WoW... I don't want to buy a sweet gaming rig for one game a year like this.

traveler

Not Wario
rs7k said:

Are they any other games that will look like this coming on the PC anytime in the next year? That's what I'm worried about, the market only cares about WoW... I don't want to buy a sweet gaming rig for one game a year like this.

While I think it looks slightly worse myself, Far Cry 2 looks pretty close to it. (And I imagine, given the stuff they've got going on gameplay wise with the open world and physics, it will be similarly demanding) But besides that, no.

Borys

Banned
rs7k said:

Nope, and after Crysis bombing don't expect any PC game to push the graphics envelope forward until PS4/ Xbox III ports.

And I'm dead serious.

And dead furious.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Borys said:
Nope, and after Crysis bombing don't expect any PC game to push the graphics envelope forward until PS4/ Xbox III ports.

And I'm dead serious.

And dead furious.

If true, looks like my new video card will last for a while then.

Tieno

Don't know if you guys take screenshot requests, but I'd like to see more of this guy
00002l7d.jpg

Looks like Shawn Elliott.

Pharmacy

Banned
I'm seriously considering a Dell XPS 720 with dual 8800GT's. Ooooh I wanna play Crysis with good graphics so much
8euxmyc.gif

just priced it up at £1,283.34...thats a pretty low price isn't it???? :(

purg3

slept with Malkin
finally put together my new comp last night, and now I can finally enjoy this game. I can currently run everything on High settings with no drops in framerate. This game looks so damn good. I haven't messed with any custom configs yet. Gameplay is actually pretty good too.

Top Bottom