• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

ys45

Did my first quest/dungeon yesterday with 2 friends it was actually a castle full of orcs.

Man, mage enemy are so OP in this game they got some kind of unavoidable attack.

The other thing i did not really like either is the MMO feel when we did the castle the freaking orcs kept respawning at every 8-10 mins so we had to hurry.

The game is still awesome , it just need some tweaking.
I'm now in a new region and it's a snow biome , so beautiful.

Anyone wanna play online ? Let me know I'm looking to create a party .

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I forced vsync in the NVidia control panel, no problem there. This is a great game for 120 FPS monitors

Gurrry

Does anyone know where or how to find a cave? I always see openings, but they never lead anywhere.

Also, im having trouble finding any other towns other than the first one. Ive found like 3-4 dungeons, but no other towns. Anyone know how to find them?

Uiki

I've only heard off-hand talk that it can work by opening the game up and logging into a world with the keyboard/mouse (don't have the controller active) and then plugging in/turning on the controller. Apparently it will detect it and auto-assign everything.

Just tried it...not working, sadly.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I did read the OP, but it was at least two days ago.

Anyway, disregard the post.

Did you at least find where to buy it, then?

Unrelated, I decided to play around with the Ranger a bit more. I'm getting the hang of things, but it's still insane how often I need to rest/heal. I am enjoying it for what it's worth, but it's VERY hard to kill stuff and survive.

Unrelated, I decided to play around with the Ranger a bit more. I'm getting the hang of things, but it's still insane how often I need to rest/heal. I am enjoying it for what it's worth, but it's VERY hard to kill stuff and survive.

I did, and I have. Thank you for the help.
It really seems like it'll be right up my alley.

Skab

This was simply a concise review of the game. I understand that it's an alpha, but that does not mitigate the issues, it merely means that they need to understand what issues they have so they can fix them.

I played for probably 15 hours yesterday, and watched numerous streams on my other monitor of others playing it, and did not see a single person who found a single one of the teleport stones. I have a feeling that they are not implemented correctly (or at all).

Nah, theyre in. I've seen people mention in chats and post pictures on reddit that they have found them.

Epic Drop

Yeah, I agree. I've been playing for almost 2 hours and I'm not even half way to level 2. Luckily I just found a huge field of pineapples, and was able to cook up some sort of pineapple dish that restores all of my health. Unfortunately I can't use it while moving, so it can't really be used in combat like a healing potion.

Anyone have any idea when you start gaining new skills?

Also, I want to buy gear, but I don't have enough Power to equip it. Is Power something that goes up as you gain levels?

Edit: Night lasts way too long in this game... It's so dark that even with my lantern I can't do anything at all. At least it gives go a good excuse to get stuff done around the house while I wait for it to turn to day again lol

ys45

Does anyone know where or how to find a cave? I always see openings, but they never lead anywhere.

Also, im having trouble finding any other towns other than the first one. Ive found like 3-4 dungeons, but no other towns. Anyone know how to find them?

Caves are random you just need to keep looking for them i found 5-6 so far .

As for town it's pretty simple you need to find a road and keep following it until you find the town

I think it's one town per region i visited 3 region so far by following the road and it was one town per region for me but i have not explored the whole region so i might be wrong.

Yeah, I agree. I've been playing for almost 2 hours and I'm not even half way to level 2. Luckily I just found a huge field of pineapples, and was able to cook up some sort of pineapple dish that restores all of my health. Unfortunately I can't use it while moving, so it can't really be used in combat like a healing potion.

Anyone have any idea when you start gaining new skills?

Also, I want to buy gear, but I don't have enough Power to equip it. Is Power something that goes up as you gain levels?

Edit: Night lasts way too long in this game... It's so dark that even with my lantern I can't do anything at all. At least it gives go a good excuse to get stuff done around the house while I wait for it to turn to day again lol
Talk to the guy at the inn. Boom. Instant day.

Kouriozan

Soooo......
How exactly can you climb THIS!!
r5wu.png

EDIT : Yay, I'm the King of the world!
And yes, it's a cloud near me.

ys45

How are you taking in-game screenshot in this game ?
I tried with fraps but it crashed the game 2 times .

There is already an update to the game :-

• Added an option to invert the y-axis
  • Fixed a bug where MP could be regenerated with the 'O' key
  • Fixed a bug where players could sell non-existing items from their inventory
  • Improved some launcher issues

To help people with the night, there are posts on Reddit about particular seed numbers that give useful results:

http://imgur.com/a/3Fcvy

This map gives you the seed numbers that will yield first cities selling yellow quality lanterns. They light up a huge radius and make adventuring in the dark far more tolerable.

Depending on your point of view, this "gaming the game" might be an unsavory thing to do, but the lantern is really useful.

Soooo......
How exactly can you climb THIS!!

EDIT : Yay, I'm the King of the world!
And yes, it's a cloud near me.

I did that last night with a similar rock in my game. Scaled it by gradually going around the rock while climbing and/or jumping as needed. When I was about 3/4 of the way up I started getting legitimately scared that I was going to fall. ...and then when I actually reached the top (nothing there except a stray orc), I of course jumped off the edge. :p It was a lot of fun.

so are the servers hammered because the game is getting a ton of buzz

or because the servers suck?

(Personally, love the look of this game will def register/buy when I can)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got to level 3 with my Ranger and got SMOOOOOOKED at the first dungeon I found. Dying doesn't hurt anything, right?

Also, I'll probably use those seeds to get myself better equipped for the night. Because holy shit is it dark.

Talamius

Random thoughts:

I'd say it's pretty solid by alpha standards. It's not feature complete or 100% balanced, but all the little problems seem to revolve around things like enemy scaling, balance issues, lack of skills, loot tweaks, and the like. There are no major core fundamentals of the game that are broken, and that's a very good thing. Combat is fun. Exploration is varied and fun. The social aspect is there. There's a surprising amount of content in. I agree with Evilore that in 6-12 months time it'll be a better product than it is today, but I disagree that there is not a lot to do. Since the biomes are so large, you can travel for a long time and not see everything the game has to offer. You have pets to tame. Random friendly/hostile adventuring parties to run into.

Content wise, it's way ahead of where Minecraft was as an early alpha. It's simply a different game that uses a similar art style. Hopefully the modding community gets involved because that's when Minecraft really started to shine. I'd say it's worth the price of admission if you have friends to play with.

Wichu

This game is awesome.

I got to level 3 and found a castle. One by one, I lured its inhabitants outside and picked them off from range. The boss took me a while, but I managed it in the end.

The water mage seems really good for soloing early on, with a good balance of offensive and healing magic so you don't need to spend ages farming potions.

Then, I got a pet collie, and we set off together to the snow-covered mountains in the west. We found a ruined city inhabited by powerful ghosts and zombies; we didn't stick around there long. As night was falling, we got to a city, and rested there. On our way back, we fought off hordes of bandits, and came across a huge dinosaur. After a long and destructive fight, we killed it, netting me a new staff with twice the power.

Recently, we found a second castle, and killed its boss in a duel in the throne room. This gave me enough skill points to get the hang glider skill. This is going to be fun.

Vancha

Featured the game in my Indie Series on youtube. Really loved it and looking forward to the further updates. Sometimes it's a bit cruel when you find a ranged enemy though...

http://youtu.be/HIA5Khh7rIo

Btw any other youtuber out there that plays this game aswell?

zeelman

I managed to buy the game a minute ago, and now I'm waiting for them to send me my activation key. I hope it doesn't take too long.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow...Those lamp seeds are a godsend. I can actually SEE now.

The subreddit seems to be a mixed bag on it - some say it's cheating, some say it ruins the experience, etc. But fuck the dark man. You can't see ANYTHING in caves, and if getting a good lamp is basically about how lucky you get on your seed, I'm going to manipulate that to no end so I can adventure safely in the dark.

VandalD

My lamp stopped working... It worked last night... Am I supposed to press a key, or buy fuel... What gives?
Are you by chance pressing F twice, or any even number of times? Sometimes, for me at least, the game is unresponsive to taking out a glider, toggling the light, or opening the Tab quick item wheel, and maybe you're turning the lamp on then back off immediately when the game catches up. I don't know of any fuel that you'd need for the lamps.
Wow...Those lamp seeds are a godsend. I can actually SEE now.

The subreddit seems to be a mixed bag on it - some say it's cheating, some say it ruins the experience, etc. But fuck the dark man. You can't see ANYTHING in caves, and if getting a good lamp is basically about how lucky you get on your seed, I'm going to manipulate that to no end so I can adventure safely in the dark.
I totally agree, though I made the trip to a second town hoping for some good new stuff on sale and found a blue lamp, so that's good enough for me. I would have done this to get a quality lamp. It's no fun traveling and dungeon delving with the basic lamp. You have to hug the walls in any dungeon just to barely see where you're going. You shouldn't have to luck into a good light source.

Are you by chance pressing F twice, or any even number of times? Sometimes, for me at least, the game is unresponsive to taking out a glider, toggling the light, or opening the Tab quick item wheel, and maybe you're turning the lamp on then back off immediately when the game catches up. I don't know of any fuel that you'd need for the lamps.

I wasn't pressing f at all, lol thanks.

Guys, anyone knows if there are server commands implemented? Like the /namepet stuff. A teleport command would be great (player to player). Some friends are joining my server but I've played for quite a while and I'm waaay to far (passed the first biome, an ocean biome and I'm now in a snow biome).

Ultrabum

So is the only point of the class trainers in town to allow you to change your class in the x menu? Or can you learn different stuff from them?

I managed to buy the game a minute ago, and now I'm waiting for them to send me my activation key. I hope it doesn't take too long.

You don't need a key, just go to the "My Games" tab on Picroma.com and you should be able to download it :)

I just finished putting together and uploading a few tutorials, figured they might be helpful to those of you just starting out :)

Install guide (where to go because it's hidden on the site!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mhKUGeC56g

Getting Started (what to do, where to go, etc.):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7DMovPm9_o

How to change class (because it isn't blindingly obvious!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJWcWVhknw

Can I put these in the OT? :eek:

Skab

Since some people have still seemed to miss it, pressing F1 brings up all the controls.

Edit:

Is this alpha going to go until beta/release etc or is it a timed thing?

Basically going to work the same way Minecraft did. It's just one guy and his wife making the game, so it will stay alpha until its ready for beta, and full release after that. Price is also going to go up with each version.

Top Bottom