• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

Xyber

currently yes.. i need to download the new launcher, too

I know this game is alpha but it really kicks my GPU's fans into full blast like few games can. GTX 570 SC. Hope I don't overheat it :p

Limit the frames with vsync or some other program that lets you limit the fps. Your card is spitting out way more frames than needed.

Milamber

I've had a really unlucky 24 hours. Every time I find time to go to the site, I find that it is down. Can't create an account and buy the game.

Small question, in multiplayer, does your character use your account name or can you make it any like in singleplayer?

Xyber

My performance is really weird, I got 60-ish fps when looking in certain directions, 120 in other. My GPU usage is at 99%, fan don't even rev up and temps are around 40C (30 at idle) after a couple of minutes. GPU clock maxes out at 705MHz when it can go up to 1240. I'm using a 144Hz monitor so I would appreciate some more frames.

If I change draw distance from 100 to 50 I gain 30 fps for a while. Then if I run around in the same spot and look around for a while the fps goes down to almost the same as it was before I changed the settings.

This is with a 680 and i5 2500K @ 4,6GHz.

I've had a really unlucky 24 hours. Every time I find time to go to the site, I find that it is down. Can't create an account and buy the game.

Small question, in multiplayer, does your character use your account name or can you make it any like in singleplayer?

You can name your guy whatever you want, that's what's showing in the game for others.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Aww yeah, my water mage got a turtle pet. Beast mode engaged. Taking on some red mobs now, no sweat. It tanks and I heal us while damaging the enemy. That should speed up levelling

Mages are so gamebreakingly broken.

The loot drops are incredibly lopsided as well. I've found around 25 legendaries and only 1 of them was for my class (warrior). I've found 7 legendary ranger weapons, 4 legendary mage weapons, and 2 legendary rogue weapons, as well as a smattering of armor pieces among those classes. Practically no warrior stuff.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Adventures in world seed 1:

SeomEls.jpg

A castle not too far from the starting area. It's full of +3 humans... I'm scared

Mognet

Adventures in world seed 1:

A castle not too far from the starting area. It's full of +3 humans... I'm scared

i remember passing after starting in my first world at night and i just ended up "popping" from the mage's attack as soon as it saw me

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If you are a Indie developer who dosnt know how to run a website to sell your game. Dont do it.

Yeah, just let a 3rd party handle it like steam or gog...

Steam is apparently really easy to keep updated.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah, just let a 3rd party handle it like steam or gog...

Steam is apparently really easy to keep updated.

The issue is how much money steam wants a cut of, which is a huge factor for these smaller devs. Not to mention you need to go through the whole greenlight process mess too now.

Was it like this?

ibjOV4xKzZrLIo.gif

Ive had that happen to me more times than Id like to remember. D: Worst part about it too was it was from 5 witches so you actually lasted longer than I did in that gif lol Mine was an instant frying literally

Sarcasm

The issue is how much money steam wants a cut of, which is a huge factor for these smaller devs. Not to mention you need to go through the whole greenlight process mess too now.

Yet it is 20 bucks?

And I been waiting days and can't buy it. I think I should be able to, since I have the 20 USD.

Nope....can't buy it. I have a friend who has been waiting longer than me. This is ridiculous. Maybe lose some off of the top for you know...people being able to buy it 24/7 instead of days.

Skab

The game is still in alpha. I don't think they even could put it up on steam until release, could they? And $20 isn't even going to be the final price.

Niwa

Those losers who are doing this need to be punished. 2 people who have been working there ass off they deserve to earn back they have made.

they would've gotten their money back by now if they wouldn't have been so greedy to hire some professional in front and backend to manage their website and shop. They won't starve because of a few thousand euros they won't make now compared to the millions they'll get.

Yet it is 20 bucks?

And I been waiting days and can't buy it. I think I should be able to, since I have the 20 USD.

Nope....can't buy it. I have a friend who has been waiting longer than me. This is ridiculous. Maybe lose some off of the top for you know...people being able to buy it 24/7 instead of days.

If Wollay was using steam you would still be waiting to buy it because of steams shitty greenlight service. Infact I can guarantee the very words out of your mouth would be something like "oh christ why use steam just release the game on your website and use paypal, don't wait for this shitty steam greenlight crap".

I understand the frustration from people but this game isn't going anywhere. Sooner or later things will settle down and you will be able to buy it. Just appreciate that this is a 2 person operation and the amount of demand is actually a good thing because it means this game will be supported for years to come.

Parakeetman

If Wollay was using steam you would still be waiting to buy it because of steams shitty greenlight service. Infact I can guarantee the very words out of your mouth would be something like "oh christ why use steam just release the game on your website and use paypal, don't wait for this shitty steam greenlight crap".

I understand the frustration from people but this game isn't going anywhere. Sooner or later things will settle down and you will be able to buy it. Just appreciate that this is a 2 person operation and the amount of demand is actually a good thing because it means this game will be supported for years to come.

Yep this post most def.

At least Im not the only "crazy" one here.

Parakeetman

You know whats one thing that I really hope they put in, is an option to turn off the footstep sound effect for the main character / pet.

Jesus christ does it get irritating after a few minutes, not to mention how loud it is

tsumineko

Is this game playable without an internet connection?

Seems to be, you might need to have internet to login once, but I just disconnected my internet and tried it and it worked. Just says it can't connect to the update server, and you then just click the Play button.

Dragoshi1

I'm still with the issue of being unable to start the game.

Hitting "play" takes me to the main menu, bit it immediately crashes.

Also, going into its folder and launching its exe results in the same crash.

You know whats one thing that I really hope they put in, is an option to turn off the footstep sound effect for the main character / pet.

Jesus christ does it get irritating after a few minutes, not to mention how loud it is

The sound "design" (that is in quotes because you can hardly call it design) is extremely weak at the moment. Hell a lot of the sound in the game doesn't even fit. Personally I just turn the sound off and listen to the TV whilst playing it.

Hopefully with a few quid under his belt Wollay will be able to get a decent sound guy in and go to town on the sound and music. Some good atmospheric music would elevate this game to a whole new level.

Nosgoroth

This looks excellent! I think I'm going to buy this right n-

Server maintenance? What. Has this been going on for long?

Parakeetman

This looks excellent! I think I'm going to buy this right n-

Server maintenance? What. Has this been going on for long?

Its not exactly maintenance, since you can still get in on a rare occasion to make an account / purchase the game after.

Its just loads of folks trying setting their servers on fire.

Top Bottom