• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

smr00

Banned
Installed it, hopped in my first world and proceeded to get my ass handed to me.

This game really needs some sort of tutorial.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Anybody have any luck getting the wireless 360 pad to work with it?

When first jumping into a new world, it is always best to find the closest city. This is marked on your map with a small village sign. At the city, you'll find a number of vendors including a potion vendor for making health potions, your class trainer for assigning skill points and quests. These quests will be marked on NPCs with little green dialogue marks above their head. Quests in Cube World are random and never "end", in that their will always be quests in your world similar to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

You can get quests from this guy? I don't know where my class trainer is. I tried the archery range (because I'm a ranger) but all the archer says is "Are you an adventurer?" and nothing else.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Cool stuff so far Id say this is money well spent and hard to imagine this is just an alpha.

lol so I see Im not the only ranger suffering out here!

this is so chemistry dog right now. at least I found the village, but need to figure out how the hell to get water into these flasks. D:

Raxum

Ah thanks, next random question: I read you can get randomized quests in the villages? Where?

I thought the randomized quests hadn't been added in yet? There are dungeons and missions, but the website says that's still a planned feature (Procedural Quests)

Love this game; already addicted. Also, boomerangs are boss.

Any way to remove the blocks you add to weapons? I wanna move my ice spirit blocks to a new weapon.

wwm0nkey

Cool stuff so far Id say this is money well spent and hard to imagine this is just an alpha.

lol so I see Im not the only ranger suffering out here!

this is so chemistry dog right now. at least I found the village, but need to figure out how the hell to get water into these flasks. D:
Step in some/any water, hit "C" and craft a water flask and then combine with heart plant to make healing potion.

You can get quests from this guy? I don't know where my class trainer is. I tried the archery range (because I'm a ranger) but all the archer says is "Are you an adventurer?" and nothing else.

Likewise. I found what looks like the Mage trainer, but she doesn't do anything.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I finally got to make an account!

...Now I'm waiting on a confirmation email. :(

lol, I'm in the same boat. This game just keeps on not-giving

fUCrK2y.gif

Edit: aha, just got it. It took about half an hour. Now to attempt to buy...
Edit2: yup, I'm in

1upmuffin

I got the game this morning, played a bit when I got home from work. I enjoy it but I think it would be much more fun with friends, which I can't try as nobody is online at the moment.

eorl

Banned
Sorry that should have been shown as two seperate entities. Your class trainer only offers skill point training, however there are NPCs floating around the cities that will offer quests. They can be hard to miss, and some can even be found in the buildings so best to scour through each area. You'll also find that some quests won't pop up until you are at the appropriate level.

Uiki

Has anyone experienced lag and poor performance in multiplayer?

Me and my friends got tons of problems :/

Xyber

Lag, no. One of the guys I played with said he was getting some lag, but no one else noticed anything.

Performance goes from great to what feels like 30-40 fps for a couple of seconds and then back again. Happens every now and then. Got i5 2500k @ 4,6GHz and a 680, so it sure isn't the computer. :p

eorl

Banned

Myself and a friend had some lag issues over LAN, but that may have been due to the server config requiring online usage while we are capped making it lag. I'll be trying it again tonight to see if there is any difference with the ports forwarded.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
One thing I did note, I used direct3d overider (to force vsync and triple buffering) as there appears to be no frame-limiter, my GPU fans ramped up very very noisy.

After using D3DOverider, it was quiet, even with 4x AA.

bengraven

Battle higher level skeleton that drops me to 2hp. I'm rewarded 1xp.

Woot. Only 40 more xp to lvl 2.

(love this game, but fuck me...)

Im_Special

Is account creation having issues? I've tried to make one and it says "sending validation to e-mail" but I'm not getting one in my e-mail to confirm.

One thing I did note, I used direct3d overider (to force vsync and triple buffering) as there appears to be no frame-limiter, my GPU fans ramped up very very noisy.

After using D3DOverider, it was quiet, even with 4x AA.

most people are getting like 200 fps so that's why you all need to limit fps somehow or your gpu will heat up.

Just wait, and the mail will come. I went to play a match of Dota and it was in my inbox by the time it was done (like 45 mins).

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Man I shouldnt have killed off all the moles around town. Now that the only pet food I found / could buy was the chocolate doughnut...

Time to go exploring I suppose! lol

Top Bottom