• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

Kouriozan

Tried the "reset quest" trick to level up and yep, the leveling system is really broken x)
My level skyrocketed from 14 to 38 in about an hour.

rbanke

Agh, I want to make an account and buy it but the account creation is closed for maintenance...

i made my account about an hour ago and from the looks of this thread someone else did an hour or two before me so it's definitely going up and down, keep checking

Of course there's nothing to do; it's in alpha state specifically for testing. I bought this game prematurely because the premise is exciting and fresh, and the alpha alone gives a lot of promise just based on the core mechanics alone.

I wouldn't say that so fast. I think this is going to be a sandbox Action RPG... exactly what the alpha is already. If anyone doesn't like the content of the alpha, I doubt he is going to like the full game.

You kill shit, you gain loot you, you level up, you kill some bosses with your friends, and that's it. All the extra stuff you can do are related to that core, like crafting (even better loot to kill shit) or exploring (search for more shit to kill!).

Some of the author's post in his blog point out to him being more a sandbox / "make your own fun" fan, so like Minecraft, I don't know if we will have a story, named missions, and stuff like that.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Someones salts since Im right. Hell even i didnt pay attention to the fact that there is a creeper in the logo itself.

Sorry son, but the creeper isnt the logo therefore your argument is dead on the water.
Again: Logo. Branding. Ever seen Minecraft merchandise (Lego, the papercraft stuff)? The Twitter icon? The A? Notice anything?

Honestly surprises me that its importance can be considered debatable.

Looking at the planned features, there is housing and background story, we'll see.

I don't have a lot of interest in background story and lore, to be honest. That will be just some books and scrolls you can find in the game explaining the history of the world, the kings, races the gods, etc.

I would prefer if he would add more unique content, like more interesting towns and npcs. Or if he doesn't want to follow that path, a main quest that takes you to several dungeons, with a purpose to go on in the game (a big bad you need to stop, etc). Zelda-like.

Xyber

You say please dont nerf, yet throw it out there for everyone to see? Cool stuff though man you are covering some serious distance there!

Well I don't want it to be nerfed because it's so much fun, but it also kinda needs to be nerfed at least some unless it's actually intentional. But I doubt that.

What can you actually do in the alpha?

Considering how long the game has been in development, I would expect some level of content even in 'alpha'.

Explore, tame pets, fight several different enemies, raid dungeons, buy and sell gear, customize weapons, craft, hang glide, swim/sail, and test out the combat system and different classes.

When the game gets fleshed out, it's safe to assume there will be tons of new features, new and unique items/gear, more unique pets and NPCs, better quests, more biomes and towns, etc.

Edit: or just look at the planned features on his site. Based on those, it sounds like a game I want to get into and stay up to date with through development. Look how far Minecraft went with just a few developers! It's not dumb to assume the same could happen with Cube World

Ultrabum

I found a big gold star rated sword on a boss I killed on my rogue, holy crap is this thing strong. Does it go uncommon, 3 purple stars , 1 big star, or does it go higher than that?

Is there some sort of Wiki for this game? I'd like to see if the developer has posted a public roadmap for things he wants to work on for future updates.

Enco

Explore, tame pets, fight several different enemies, raid dungeons, buy and sell gear, customize weapons, craft, hang glide, swim/sail, and test out the combat system and different classes.

When the game gets fleshed out, it's safe to assume there will be tons of new features, new and unique items/gear, more unique pets and NPCs, better quests, more biomes and towns, etc.

Edit: or just look at the planned features on his site. Based on those, it sounds like a game I want to get into and stay up to date with through development. Look how far Minecraft went with just a few developers! It's not dumb to assume the same could happen with Cube World
Minecraft devs were/are kinda shitty with adding features to be honest. The modders are much better at adding things the community actually wants.

Terraria is an example of lots of planned features that never happened.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the game does turn out amazing. For now I don't see enough content that's worth paying for but that will probably change in the future.

Kouriozan

Hey,, anyway you can describe this trick to me? Ty
- Chad

You finish a quest (swords on the map) then have another character reset the time at the INN.
Do it until you can redo the quest where your first character is. You can play with multiple character with one "account".

Finished leveling, 120 or so, now I'll explore new biomes.

I want to LAN with my brother. Does he absolutely have to buy the game in order for us to do that? Or is there a legit and legal way to work around that?

Kouriozan

I want to LAN with my brother. Does he absolutely have to buy the game in order for us to do that? Or is there a legit and legal way to work around that?
I assume you can play with the same account, at least for now, as you can already have multiple clients at the same time on one PC.

elyetis

It shouldnt be. Just make sure port 12345 is open and type in ip
I don't even think you need to open the port for lan play.

Got level 9 with my Ranger, my biggest grip at the moment is the mage unbalance ( meaning I just can't beat a mage boss while I can if it's one of the other class ) and... that I don't have someone to play with most of the time.

Really like the game itself and can only see it become even better with added content ( boss diversity, more skill and class... ).

Big + to the weapon customisation, I love how it also allow you to customize it's apperance too, I hope armors will get the same treatment.

Now using every level up to get Hanggliding. <3

alba

Little is the new Big
Reached level 5 on my warrior, having lots of fun (pure solo right now). I'm trying to get popcorn to drop but it's impossible, yeesh.

BLCKATK

I don't have much time to play..but I want to play CoOp..a set group. Anybody up for this?

I'd be down for that. I'm looking to try out some new classes.

If anyone else wants to join in, I'll be hosting a 4 player server. It's going up right now.

EDIT: Server is down for tonight, I gotta hit the sack.

ZenVolta

Hey if anyone has an extra Ice Water(water ice?) pet item they would be willing to trade. I can set up a server and have a lot of extra pet foods.

Someones salts since Im right. Hell even i didnt pay attention to the fact that there is a creeper in the logo itself.

Sorry son, but the creeper isnt the logo therefore your argument is dead on the water.

You sound like a complete tool. He's right, their logo needs work. It looks amateurish and will turn people off.

Osteoperogies

Neo Member
Docbon and I have been tripping out over the Island Biome all night; pyramids and hang-gliding galore!

20guGdr.jpg

Sliver

This is so shitty. All my friends are playing and I still can't even make a fucking account. Desire to even play this is starting to wane.

JoV

Saw this on a few vids on YouTube over the weekend, specifically Captain Duck's. Am so in once registration is live again. Looks like great fun!

Top Bottom