• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
cad-20130708-de3b4.png

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Useful for attacking as well. But I still need to rapid click M2 attack =/

I think thats the way M2 works, since you need to let go of the button to release the attack.

Ive rerolled as a melee class just because it takes a bit more effort than just constantly spamming boomerangs everywhere lol. Got one of those snout beetles as a pet too. But dear god was that a pain in the ass trying to clear out the rest of the herd to just get one to tame at lv 3. D:

ZenVolta

An even better way is to start holding down the button then alt+tab to the desktop. It'll keep crafting automatically in the background.

Now thats a pro tip! I was think about that just a bit ago when I was crafting some pots.

I think thats the way M2 works, since you need to let go of the button to release the attack.

Ive rerolled as a melee class just because it takes a bit more effort than just constantly spamming boomerangs everywhere lol. Got one of those snout beetles as a pet too. But dear god was that a pain in the ass trying to clear out the rest of the herd to just get one to tame at lv 3. D:

QMyyMdp.gif

=p

Aizo

Banned
Still impossible to sign up? Dammit. I've been following this game for years, and I'm incapable of playing it when it is finally playable.

Parakeetman

lol When using two handed weapons you can attack with M2 and still do damage. But if you dual wield swords/sheild you cant, you have to charge it with full mp to do any damage.

I didnt even know this till level 20.

Really? Since it seems like if you dont fully charge the attacks and whatnot it just does less damage than if it was 100% Am currently using sword & shield as the guardian class or whatever.

They haven't even updated their twitter in 3 days. I hope this is up soon =\

Am pretty sure they are busy putting out the fires the servers must be on.

ZenVolta

Really? Since it seems like if you dont fully charge the attacks and whatnot it just does less damage than if it was 100% Am currently using sword & shield as the guardian class or whatever.

True. But heres the best part. Since youre a guardian ever M2 is a block(as long as you still have bar left). This will charge your MP to 100%(or close to it, I think its how much damage you block) on a successful block. So the next M2 would deal the full damage.

I dunno. It works for me and its a lot faster than M1 during boss fights.

Looking for a bit of help here, it says I need to install Direct X End User Runtime, however I downloaded the setup for it and it says I already have it installed... But Cube World is telling me that I still don't have it...

WarMacheen

What's the best way to level up quickly without getting your ass handed to you, or is that the point. Seems like level 1-3 is quite harsh.

Parakeetman

True. But heres the best part. Since youre a guardian ever M2 is a block(as long as you still have bar left). This will charge your MP to 100%(or close to it, I think its how much damage you block) on a successful block. So the next M2 would deal the full damage.

I dunno. It works for me and its a lot faster than M1 during boss fights.

Yeah basically the m2 skills + the knockdown effect is the bread and butter of doing any sort of damage with the melee / ranged classes. Since the standard attacks are usually garbage lol. But man I was surprised with how horrible the sword and shield combo was. Only saving grace is the blocking ability and as you mentioned how fast the MP bar can fill if you have some of the block gauge left.

I went and killed some of the purple boss animals like that way under leveled, but its not like you really get rewarded much besides an upgrade cube and poor exp lol

Quirah

is registration page completely closed off or do we have chance to reach sign up page when f5'ing website? I readed so in some forums but dont have any idea. I want to buy this game badly. But can't.

WarMacheen

Spawned, traveled west, came to an ocean, swam west a ways more, dived down, ran into a shark, said fuck it, kept swimming west, am now on a small deserted island with my pet bunny, motherfucker, surrounded by piranhas, at night.

I will travel further west at day break.

What's the best way to level up quickly without getting your ass handed to you, or is that the point. Seems like level 1-3 is quite harsh.

For me (Archer) soloing the crabs around a big lake levelled me faster than engaging mobs randomly out in the open. Each crab gives like +6 XP and they are in abundance. The spitters also give nice XP but you have to strafe them around and risk getting adds.

Parakeetman

Really hope the console version doesn't take too long to release after they get the PC version up and running.

A realistic guess would be it might be later on when more content is pumped out to a pretty good level.

Since they would still have to go through the process of patch approval with Sony Id imagine even if the fees are waived there still would need to be testing done to make sure new patches dont "brick" a system or other unintended negative effects from said patch. So far better to bring it out when there would be a lot of initial content so folks dont have to wait as long for constant new patches and easier on the dev side too.

Everything smoothed out on the PC, then rolled out onto the console(s)? most def.

Raxum

is registration page completely closed off or do we have chance to reach sign up page when f5'ing website? I readed so in some forums but dont have any idea. I want to buy this game badly. But can't.

Please don't continuously f5 the page, that adds to the stress of the server and just makes the issues worse.

Unfortunately the only way I know of is to play MP or find an area you can actually fight things, craft a bunch of potions and commit genocide. I quite enjoy the initial levels being harder though, makes it feel like a little achievement when you get strong enough to rush them later on.

Once you get past the initial few levels though, finding a few easy missions is really good for xp. I was doing a couple with a friend last night and we were gaining 1-2 levels a mission at around level 15. Just use an Inn until you find a few missions near each other and go check them out.

Also, they need key re-mapping, I want dodge on my shift key, I keep forgetting to use middle-mouse to do it, feels somewhat awkward.

ZenVolta

Also, they need key re-mapping, I want dodge on my shift key, I keep forgetting to use middle-mouse to do it, feels somewhat awkward.

If you download Auto HotKey you can. I use mouse 4 for dodge. But for shift the script would be MButton::Shift

Edit: Since shift is already a key ingame you would need to use.

MButton::Shift
Shift::MButton

Thatll swap the keys. Just remember to exit the program once you are done =)

Raxum

If you download Auto HotKey you can. I use mouse 4 for dodge. But for shift the script would be MButton::Shift

Edit: Since shift is already a key ingame you would need to use.

MButton::Shift
Shift::MButton

Thatll swap the keys. Just remember to exit the program once you are done =)

Thanks! That'll work for the moment, but remapping keys in-game would still be my preferred option. I'm sure at some point he'll probably add it in, and from the bit I know of programming it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I think.

ZenVolta

Thanks! That'll work for the moment, but remapping keys in-game would still be my preferred option. I'm sure at some point he'll probably add it in, and from the bit I know of programming it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I think.

Agreed.

Also I feel like I could find every Yellow item in the game, as long as its not for warrior.
Found this bad boy just a bit ago.

Raxum

Agreed.

Also I feel like I could find every Yellow item in the game, as long as its not for warrior.
Found this bad boy just a bit ago.

Where do you get Yellow items from? High level bosses or something? I've only seen maybe 2 Purple drops so far, no yellows, but I'm not a very high level yet.

Vinci

Danish

You and me both, friend.

They should have applied for Greenlight months ago and released the game as an Alpha on Steam. None of this would have been a problem. I honestly don't see why they didn't.. the small percentage of each earning they have to pay Valve for being on Steam more than makes up for any of this downtown.

Mashing

Nice, I found a small mountainous area that had atleast 20 ore veins pretty close to town too. Gotta get some recipes now.

duncandun

Neo Member
Some tips:

Particularly useful for warriors and rogues - You can equip a two handed weapon and a one handed weapon to improve your damage output. Simply equip your 2 hander normally, then middle mouse button click on a 1 hander.

+4 dungeons/areas are bugged at the moment, or atleast appear to be. If you find one in the wild, go back to town and reset the quests until one appears there. Then go and farm it. This only seems to happen with +4 areas; they lose the +4 tag (which makes monsters significantly beefier and do more damage, and bosses become nearly impossible to kill), but retain their loot profiles(will also scale to your level if your above the base level of the area). Which means lots of shinies, and you should be able to solo the boss.

For instance, in 26879 there is a castle with +4 orcs around level 25 (Power level between 48 and 55). It's just west(i think?) of the starting town. As long as you're near or above the power level, you'll be able to get a quest there and go and easily solo it while acquiring powerful equipment. It seems to scale with your level pretty much every time, as I leveled my warrior there from 50 to 101 in a little over an hour, every time I killed the boss and leveled up and came back, the loot would be a little higher power level(close or at whatever my max was at the time).

Just a few hints, oh and don't neglect your sailing. With 15-20 points it is by far the fastest method of transportation (atleast in an ocean biome). Almost as fast as the ranger glider exploit.

Oh, and the rangers crossbow m2 special can be spammed with no charging for good damage (roughly 125% of your normal white damage), and it affects a large area. It will attack as fast as you can click (makes me wish i had a hardware macro).

Mognet

Personally, I think the portal stones should spawn as a part of towns, making it easier to teleport between regions. Random ones in the wild as well, for that exploration and the easier travel.

i was talking to my friend about having a teleporter npc at towns which allowed us to travel between other towns we've previously visited, but i didn't know about portal stones as i haven't encountered one yet. i've done a lot of running around too!

i wouldn't be surprised if we see them changed to be a bit more accessible at some point down the line.

ZenVolta

Where do you get Yellow items from? High level bosses or something? I've only seen maybe 2 Purple drops so far, no yellows, but I'm not a very high level yet.

Saw a seed with +4 mobs near spawn. They're orange and downgrading items is free. So pro tip +4 drop lots of loot and you want the highest level you can fight

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoyed what I can played but yeah it is rough around the edges.

Goddamn enemies make a beeline for you. I'm too used to other games where they wander aimlessly and you can position yourself to attack without constantly strafing and dodging; some mean ass fucking vermin on there. I'd rather they run up and position as well instead of all out attack, but this should get better with time.

The world looks good but can be kind of barren. I'd like more effects and more life in it. I'd also like a lot more smaller dungeons littered around as well. Just lots of expanse without much in it and it got tiring running around facing the odd furry.

No music is distracting. I don't see plans for it but it could really add to the atmosphere.

Lots of potential here at least.

ZenVolta

No music is distracting. I don't see plans for it but it could really add to the atmosphere.

Wollay has music for the game. Its up on his sound cloud and can be heard in older videos. Not sure why he took it out. But I listen to radio rivendell a lot while playing.

Amneisac

I certainly don't hold anything against Wollay, it's his decision on how he wants to manage his game, but I think choosing to run the shop and distribution himself is proving to be a mistake.

I completely understand not wanting to give up money you think you could keep for yourself, but releasing the alpha right now, in the beginning of all the major PC summer gaming sales, just a few days away from what will likely be the start of the Steam sale doesn't seem like a good time to have your game come out and be immediately unavailable.

I was able to buy it and so were a few of my friends, but the ones who haven't might not get around to it if we all pick up another batch of good games during the sales. I think holding out for that extra 10% that Humble store or Amazon or whoever else would have charged might be a little greedy in the long run.

Again, I like the game and I wish him the best, but you really can't do it all yourself. Eventually there are things that just make sense to outsource to other people and I'm worried that if he keeps this kind of plan in mind with all the other aspects of the games development it will either never fully develop or it's going to take 2-3 more years to actually reach a 'finished' state.

elyetis

I think holding out for that extra 10% that Humble store or Amazon or whoever else would have charged might be a little greedy in the long run.
I don't know if they would allow it ( I don't see why not ) but he could simply have the two solution, but put it 10% more expensive on Humble store so that they still earn the same sum for every sales.

Thought I actually find the 4 days complet communication blackout worst than the current shop problem.

Amneisac

I don't know if they would allow it ( I don't see why not ) but he could simply have the two solution, but put it 10% more expensive on Humble store so that they still earn the same sum for every sales.

Thought I actually find the 4 days complet communication blackout worst than the current shop problem.

Yeah, you're right, I'm just kind of lumping the whole experience together. He should just be working on the game, not dealing with all this sales and distribution stuff, which I'm sure if causing his communication blackout. Either that our he flipped out at all the money he made and he ran off to Mexico with his wife for a few days.

elyetis

Yeah, you're right, I'm just kind of lumping the whole experience together. He should just be working on the game, not dealing with all this sales and distribution stuff, which I'm sure if causing his communication blackout. Either that our he flipped out at all the money he made and he ran off to Mexico with his wife for a few days.
What I mean is when there is a problem, I think the worst thing you can do is just let people in the dark hoping things will get better. Things like explaining why he doesn't want to use a tier for the shop, if the current situation make him consider it, and what he is doing about the current situation can't be a bad thing.

I'm no PR expert, but I'm pretty sure the time lost in communication ( not speaking about a 10 pages dissertation ) is usually worth it even if it actually slow down the resolution of the problem.

Top Bottom