• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I'm playing way too much, I'm level 28 (I have only played solo). Water mage is great for soloing.

Raxum

I'm playing way too much, I'm level 28 (I have only played solo). Water mage is great for soloing.

I got a guardian warrior to about level 25 or so, not great for soloing but I've been playing it with my friends who are a lot lower than me. Great fun for that. Started a new ranger and found the crossbow right-click broken. You can kill anything in the pull time as long as you see some form of damage numbers coming up. It also being an AoE makes it ridiculous, I'm currently farming +1 radishlings, onionlings and cormlings at level 11 (started farming them at level 5 when I found them). So easy to play, provided you can click fast enough.

xJavonta

Banned
I feel bad for everyone still waiting to get in. I don't understand why they don't use like Amazon AWS or whatever it's called instead. I'm pretty sure that's what Mojang does.

Anyway I can't figure out how to get a damn controller working in this game for the life of me. Everyone says it's as simple as plugging it in after creating a character. I've done that several times, nothing happens :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You say they like its some big team. It's a man and his wife, give em a break :p
They had a choice to put it with a distro system. They could've hired more people. They could've partnered with Notch since I believe the option was there.

This couple makes games and might not be into the business or distro side of things, and it is slowing their growth. I don't WANT them wasting time dealing with this shit, I'd rather they work on the game.

With the massive backing this game had, I'm 100% certain it would get greenlit. There are also other distros out there that offer alpha builds as well with a system already in place.

Might have at least hired a webmaster and one other person to handle all this shit.

Nuklear

Banned
The game really needs to mark the portal stones on the map likes it does cities and quests. I've found zero portal stones and I've been playing almost non-stop.

Just spent 30 minutes fighting some Insectoid +1 boss. I took him to the city and had some NPC help. ;) It was incredibly hard and he had way too much health.

I feel bad for everyone still waiting to get in. I don't understand why they don't use like Amazon AWS or whatever it's called instead. I'm pretty sure that's what Mojang does.

Anyway I can't figure out how to get a damn controller working in this game for the life of me. Everyone says it's as simple as plugging it in after creating a character. I've done that several times, nothing happens :(

Nope, I thought the same thing.

Controller support is a planned feature, but it's not in yet.

You can use something like XPadder to map the controller buttons to work with the game.

Unofficial guide: http://cubeworldforum.org/topic/5351-controller-support-unoffical/

let me make an account
LET ME MAKE AN ACCOUNT

jCzI0L7.gif

=(

metalshade

Dunno who is attacking their site or why, but they must be a real sad case.
Pathetic is the word I believe.
I have been reading up on and watching videos about this game, and I can't wait to give them my money, it just looks so enjoyable.
I really hope they bring it to Steam, that would surely help out their security and distribution issues, and bring them to a MUCH larger audience.
Just get the shop up again PLEASE, I want to give you moneys!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So, gameplay-wise this is basically MMORPG with a unlimited huge world, but only 4 players can play, right? You can't build stuff or anything? Is this really fun after 2, 3 days of playing? It sounds pretty repetitive to me, an MMO without the MM seems to be rather pointless :/

So how does it hold up after a few days? What do you actually do after the initial oooh!aaaah! stage?

metalshade

So, gameplay-wise this is basically MMORPG with a unlimited huge world, but only 4 players can play, right? You can't build stuff or anything? Is this really fun after 2, 3 days of playing? It sounds pretty repetitive to me, an MMO without the MM seems to be rather pointless :/

So how does it hold up after a few days? What do you actually do after the initial oooh!aaaah! stage?

Honestly. MMORPG without the MMO is perfect for me.
I'm the guy with over 400 hours in both Borderlands games, not a single second of that is coop.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You know as neat as this is and yes its in the alpha stage, I think what had people hooked to minecraft and not really lose interest was the fact of being able to build something and keep on doing so the player had an attachment to the world.

This after the wandering aimlessly fun wears off you kind of start to lose interest in the game due to not having that yet anyways.

Once they add it in if they do I think Ill come back to the game then. Right now Ive pretty much done most of what the game has to offer for now gameplay wise. Even if you dont go super high level, still it will be the same current pattern of killing and leveling / finding / making stronger items.

Great game and very stable for an alpha, just that for myself right now i think ill be on the bench waiting for more things to be added.

You know as neat as this is and yes its in the alpha stage, I think what had people hooked to minecraft and not really lose interest was the fact of being able to build something and keep on doing so the player had an attachment to the world.

This after the wandering aimlessly fun wears off you kind of start to lose interest in the game due to not having that yet anyways.

Once they add it in if they do I think Ill come back to the game then. Right now Ive pretty much done most of what the game has to offer for now gameplay wise. Even if you dont go super high level, still it will be the same current pattern of killing and leveling / finding / making stronger items.

Great game and very stable for an alpha, just that for myself right now i think ill be on the bench waiting for more things to be added.

Agreed. There doesn't seem to be much of a motivation to level up other than to kill higher level enemies. It's missing the hook, I guess. /:

Parakeetman

Its funny too since the higher level enemies dont really give that much more great exp than ganking a crowd of lower level mobs. Plus you dont waste as many supplies. Even if something cool is dropped chances are that its the wrong class item and you cant equip it till X amount of levels away anyways.

Still all of this am sure will change in the future and its a future ill be looking forward to. :)

In the mean time should head over to the official forums and read up on all whats going on with development / suggestions fans are giving.

After the initial stage? You explore more! I might bother with co-op but i doubt it. Even in alpha it's keeping me entertained and curious. It's going to be great to see it mature.

Explore, fight, tame pets, level up, loot stuff and explore more.
Bored? Make a new character and world! It's a lovely relaxing game to play.

Keep trying, guys. It's a lot of fun.

Parakeetman

After the initial stage? You explore more! I might bother with co-op but i doubt it. Even in alpha it's keeping me entertained and curious. It's going to be great to see it mature.

Explore, fight, tame pets, level up, loot stuff and explore more.
Bored? Make a new character and world! It's a lovely relaxing game to play.

Keep trying, guys. It's a lot of fun.

Id be a lot more amused if they turned this into a semi-god game so to speak. So you build a town get villagers, help them grow and expand. Now that would be badass. Then get attacked by other kingdoms over time too.

If you dont want to do that then wander around to your delight.

But for the moment just wandering around and doing nothing more than going hack slash pewpewpew isnt cutting it.

Not going to argue that the game isnt beautiful with a distinct art style though and very polished too for such an early release. :)

Agreed. There doesn't seem to be much of a motivation to level up other than to kill higher level enemies. It's missing the hook, I guess. /:
This is why I'm holding off buying it. I love the way Cubeworld looks, and I'm sure I could get a couple of hours of fun out of exploring. I just don't see myself being all that motivated to spend time grinding levels for no reason.

Parakeetman

This is why I'm holding off buying it. I love the way Cubeworld looks, and I'm sure I could get a couple of hours of fun out of exploring. I just don't see myself being all that motivated to spend time grinding levels for no reason.

Still though Id say its 20$ well spent, since like minecraft you get updates forever basically. So pay a low entrance fee now and hop in later on when its all updated.

If it helps pay for the development and what not its all good in my book.

Orgun

Had some amazing fun on a 10 player server the other day, 8 people hang gliding across massive expanses and coming across a Pyramid bigger than any mountain we've seen. Entering said Pyramid and getting killed by spike traps...so much fun :)

Vinci

Danish
You can make an account just need to keep trying.

No, you really can't. Or at least it hasn't been possible over the last few hours. I've had the site on auto-refresh with a notification of any change to the page and never got a notification. It's been refreshing every 10 seconds.

That's not a criticism of the team, for what it's worth - just a statement of fact based on what I know of it. Really frustrating considering I was hoping to get the game and play around a bit before starting my daily grind.

Parakeetman

No, you really can't. Or at least it hasn't been possible over the last few hours. I've had the site on auto-refresh with a notification of any change to the page and never got a notification. It's been refreshing every 10 seconds.

That's not a criticism of the team, for what it's worth - just a statement of fact based on what I know of it. Really frustrating considering I was hoping to get the game and play around a bit before starting my daily grind.

Man wonder why its so bad today considering it should be a normal weekday, vs the weekend where would be a bunch of kids F5ing it faster than lightning.

Last night managed to make an account for a buddy after a few times refreshing, something not good must be going down then if its that bad today.

I have an extra cube world account (with game obviously) I could sell. Purchased a copy for my gf last week but she finds it too difficult. I requested a refund but that was last week so not sure it would actually happen or not since I never got a response. Since it's not tied to any sort of CC info I could just change the email/password and hand it over to you. If anyone is interested just PM me.

P.S you can check my seller feedback in buy/sell thread :)

Orgun

Personally, I think the portal stones should spawn as a part of towns, making it easier to teleport between regions. Random ones in the wild as well, for that exploration and the easier travel.

See, that's how I thought they would work. Making it possible to teleport between towns.

SLV

Uhm a mage cant use a glider ? :( I bought it, equipped it, jumped from a mountain, pushed g Multiple times, nothing....

Quixzlizx

Uhm a mage cant use a glider ? :( I bought it, equipped it, jumped from a mountain, pushed g Multiple times, nothing....

Do you have at least one point in your hang-gliding skill? You need 5 points in climbing (I think) to unlock it.

Ultrabum

Pull out your glider with g on the ground then jump, I think if you're falling too fast it won't deploy.

Twinduct

Played quite a bit this weekend. 2 chars to level 20.
I like it, but really think the entry price should have been lower, considering the limited amount of interaction currently.

Really hope he expands his team for content delivery though. Think the two person operation won't be able to supply new mechanics/ content and fix everything at the rate to satisfy most.

Parakeetman

Pull out your glider with g on the ground then jump, I think if you're falling too fast it won't deploy.

If he doesnt have the skill he wont be able to use it period. It should deploy the instant you push G if you have the skill unlocked.

Ultrabum

If he doesnt have the skill he wont be able to use it period. It should deploy the instant you push G if you have the skill unlocked.

Ya, but at least for me if I jump from a cliff and then fall quite a bit, if I push g it doesn't deploy. If I jump and hit g right away it always deploys.

Kouriozan

Really hope he expands his team for content delivery though. Think the two person operation won't be able to supply new mechanics/ content and fix everything at the rate to satisfy most.

I agree, Cube World can be huge if he get some devs to help him.

I agree, Cube World can be huge if he get some devs to help him.

Yeah pretty much. So it's just a 2 person show right doing maintaining the website issues along with game development...yeah I don't see that working very well considering how popular the game has just gotten.

Amneisac

I got this and told 3 of my friends about it. At first I was a little scared. I just played it solo and I was not enjoying myself. It was incredibly hard, there was absolutely no direction whatsoever and I couldn't get the online server working. Well, just restarting the server fixed that problem and last night 3 of us got on at the same time and played and it was pretty glorious. (you can also expand the capacity of the server to at least 15 by searching around online)

To me, this is like Borderlands. The real fun is in multiplayer. First of all the game is less difficult that way. The XP doesn't go down when there are more people around, so you level much, much faster. The combat is actually a little bit strategic with tanks and healers, so it's definitely a few notches (LOLOLOL) above Minecraft as far as combat goes.

At first I just thought this was going to be a Minecraft clone, but it's actually what I wish Minecraft could have become - a game with actual combat objectives. I think this game is BURSTING with potential, but even as it stands it's completely worth $20 (especially if you can play it co-op). Exploring has all the joy of Minecraft - I actually get excited climbing a mountain just to see what's on the other side. The 'ruins' and dungeons are awesome and really add some mystery and excitement.

The first few levels are brutal, but after you get the hang of crafting and start to get some levels under your belt the game really hits its stride. I have so many things I'd love to see added to this game. I hope that the money they've made so far will enable them to realize their vision, because so far I think they really understand that there's a market for this type of game. It's also like a private WoW server.

Looking for a bit of help here, it says I need to install Direct X End User Runtime, however I downloaded the setup for it and it says I already have it installed... But Cube World is telling me that I still don't have it...

Top Bottom