• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

The terrible enemy AI just sucks, all the enemies do is just come straight at you.Forgivable though, as it's in it's alpha state. Looking forward to the hang glider.

Xyber

Using the hangglider together with the rangers leap is so broken, but so fun. :D Run towards the camera, jump off a ledge and press 2 and the guy will leap in the opposite direction of the way the camera is facing (so just straight off the edge) then activate the glider and fly faster than the level can even load. I get fucking loading screens while flying!

I want this but...no way singleplayer will be as fun as mp.

Does the developer plan to add a server list that we can join without shenanigans and exchanging IP addresses through PMs?

if yes ill buy it the moment the site is good

Milamber

I want an update option to build outposts near danger zones or between towns and you can invite the roving NPC's around the world to populate/protect it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
It is really fucking dark at night. I welcome it though, I RELISH THE CHALLENGE

Go to the inn in a town to reset the day back to 7:00 am. You need to talk to the innkeeper to do that.

I wouldnt mind the dark as much if the lantern wasnt such a worthless piece of shit lol

There, made a quick video showing the flying ranger. Didn't get full speed on that one, but good enough. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5vYIZ9FDdY&feature=youtu.be

You say please dont nerf, yet throw it out there for everyone to see? Cool stuff though man you are covering some serious distance there!

Wanchan

I wouldnt mind the dark as much if the lantern wasnt such a worthless piece of shit lol

I saw other lanterns in the shop, a green one with a "star", not sure if this one is better, bought it but i've yet to play at night so it could be on purpose that the starter one suck.

Raxum

I saw other lanterns in the shop, a green one with a "star", not sure if this one is better, bought it but i've yet to play at night so it could be on purpose that the starter one suck.

The lanterns go all the way up to Yellow (legendary or epic) which is a pretty huge radius. They're really hard to find, but you can get a seed to find one in the first town if that's your thing. The difference is really noticeable as well, I've compared them in multi-player with friends. However, still doesn't make night-time feel safer, almost ran headlong into ogres and such a few times.

Enco

In my opinion, it's a good investment for what the game could become.

You should never buy something for 'what it could become'.

I remember following this game since the first trailer and announcement. So long ago. Now that it's out I have little interest in it. Seems like the first release of Minecraft with literally nothing to do.

A few fetch quests aren't enough for me.

I remember following this game since the first trailer and announcement. So long ago. Now that it's out I have little interest in it. Seems like the first release of Minecraft with literally nothing to do.

Of course there's nothing to do; it's in alpha state specifically for testing. I bought this game prematurely because the premise is exciting and fresh, and the alpha alone gives a lot of promise just based on the core mechanics alone.

eorl

Banned

If you actually thought that the game would contain everything that the creator wanted within an alpha state, I'm sorry but you are pulling your own leg. I would even argue that this has more solid gameplay in it compared to other alpha releases I've seen and played.

Ultrabum

The terrible enemy AI just sucks, all the enemies do is just come straight at you.Forgivable though, as it's in it's alpha state. Looking forward to the hang glider.

They run away and drink healing pots if they are low too! Also the bosses do some weird stuff sometimes.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Opened the thread, bought the game.

This is what I've been wanting out of Minecraft. If it does end up on PS4, I'll happily buy it again.

Upon starting, the only thing I'd say they have to change immediately is the logo. Spend a couple bucks and get a designer to do it on contract.

Skab

Opened the thread, bought the game.

This is what I've been wanting out of Minecraft. If it does end up on PS4, I'll happily buy it again.

Upon starting, the only thing I'd say they have to change immediately is the logo. Spend a couple bucks and get a designer to do it on contract.

Who gives a shit? You see the logo for like 30 seconds tops while logging in.

VandalD

I thought Wollay was trying to find a new name for the game. Maybe that's why the basic logo. Though if that's the plan he probably should have done that before putting the alpha out there.

Zomba13

Finally managed to buy the game after a week of trying and now I have to wait for it to show up in the 'My Games' tab.
Let me guess. The purchase authentication server is down now?

Fate is conspiring against me on this :(

EDIT: Never mind. It was there. I just thought that was the tech demo thing that sees if you can run it.
I'm happy now.

Enco

Of course there's nothing to do; it's in alpha state specifically for testing. I bought this game prematurely because the premise is exciting and fresh, and the alpha alone gives a lot of promise just based on the core mechanics alone.

If you actually thought that the game would contain everything that the creator wanted within an alpha state, I'm sorry but you are pulling your own leg. I would even argue that this has more solid gameplay in it compared to other alpha releases I've seen and played.
What can you actually do in the alpha?

Considering how long the game has been in development, I would expect some level of content even in 'alpha'.

rbanke

Buying this game feels like I'm trying to buy a Bag of Crap on Woot. Finally was able to make an account but now the shop is down lol. Good problem for him to have.

ZenVolta

Yeah, you're right. Nobody recognizes the Minecraft creeper.

Never noticed that the minecraft logo had a creeper face on it. Weird.

Games fun. I really wish I had more skills to put points into. Right now im just trying to get my 1 timer down and low as I can.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah, you're right. Nobody recognizes the Minecraft creeper.

Someones salts since Im right. Hell even i didnt pay attention to the fact that there is a creeper in the logo itself.

Sorry son, but the creeper isnt the logo therefore your argument is dead on the water.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Two dungeons down in my new world! I hate that my inventory is littered with gear for everyone but Ranger. Lame.

Also, how do you use those bonus cubes that give spirit or fire or ice?

Skab

Man. Every time I talk to an Innkeeper to reset the time to morning, my game crashes.

May aging CPU just might not be able to handle this game. And that makes me sad.

Top Bottom