• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

Vodh

Crafting - There's no easy in-game way to batch craft so if you want 50 healing potions (the max stack size) you're going to be holding down the left mouse button for awhile.

You can also hold down mouse button and alt-tab from the game, it will read the input as if it was constantly pressed. Works as a poor man's auto-run too.

Vinci

Danish
Hmm. Nope. Still can't register. Might never get this if they don't get it on a more dependable service; I can't just sit here and hit refresh for hours every day.

aravuus

I don't believe they've ever denied help, the only instance of denying was when Notch asked him if he wanted to work under Mojang and bring Cube World as well. I can understand saying no to that because its your baby, something you've been working on for three years and you don't want to just throw it to some random.

As I said previously, a lot of people are having trouble realising that this is alpha, and a two-person operation. They got overwhelmed and people should have expected just that. Is this going to continue into the release? I presume not now that he is a millionaire and can hire other people to help him.

Pretty sure they were offered more servers by someone like notch, but they didn't take it.

The game being alpha and a 2-man operation really has almost nothing to do with the server problems, you don't seem to realize that. The customer service has been horrible, there's no denying that, and the game is fun. That's it, I'm not going to argue about this.

Vinci

Danish
As I said previously, a lot of people are having trouble realising that this is alpha, and a two-person operation. They got overwhelmed and people should have expected just that.

Yes, including them. You're acting as if only the people interested in the game should have these predictive abilities, but there are two sides to this situation. If they are not able to copy-paste Minecraft's business model without these sort of problems, and these sort of communication blackouts, then they obviously need help. What that help looks like should be their utmost concern. Go to Notch and say, "Hey, could I get some help for a little while? I'll give you X% of whatever goes through until such time as we can go our own way." Bite the bullet and put it on Steam or any of the other online sellers.

The importance of hitting mass adoption during this early period, and while there's so much focus on the game, is pretty damn vital to it becoming another Minecraft. Notch was able to seemingly do it on his own, perhaps they're not able to. Whatever the case, they need to be realistic about what they can and cannot do, and most importantly communicate what is going on with people so they don't lose focus.

Rhyvven

Neo Member
Oh the miserable teasing.......Just got to the actual account creation screen after random attempts over the past few days. Only to see the maintenance message after pushing the account create button. Well hey, I guess I'll treat as it's own mini-game until I can create an account.

Then I suppose I'll move onto level two and attempt to thwart the tyrannical shopkeeper.

EDIT: JUST got registered....it's up right now.

Edit again: Wow...checked for checking sake...down a minute and a half later for REG. People are not kidding that it is pure luck at this point.

Mashing

Man, this game is brutal at lower levels. My first mission from class trainer sent me to some mountains where there are minataurs, werewolves and packs of human archer/mages. So many deaths.

pyros

Finally got registered, touch and go for a moment, really really want to know the developers mindset, having a product with so much demand and still trying to run the entire thing with a two person team is, to say the least crazy, people are jumping through hoops to give you money, AWS does not cost that much

aen0

Neo Member
I was able to register an account and then, later, brought the game for a friend today.

If you reach the account creation page but hit an error after submitting, do not close the tab. Just open up another one for checking and as soon as it's up, just hit F5 and say yes when the browser asks if you want to resubmit data...

Hey guys, how is the Rogue class? Is it possible to solo?

I love Rogue. Who doesn't want to be a Ninja?

You can solo with any of the classes but the beginning of the game will almost always prove to be a little challenging. Once you gain a few levels and start upgrading your gear and weapons, you will have a much smoother experience.

CkMmwo8.jpg

Just came across this lil beauty in the game, my next conquest.

VandalD

Hey guys, how is the Rogue class? Is it possible to solo?
Absolutely. Learn to dodge and to time your special attacks to be invincible during heavy hits, if you're a Ninja at least, and it's great fun. Watch out for boomerang bosses. They're assholes.

Once you can actually buy this game is it DRM free or do you still need to log in? I'm scared that the same stuff will happen with login servers.

Once you can actually buy this game is it DRM free or do you still need to log in? I'm scared that the same stuff will happen with login servers.

From what I can see it logs in to see if there is an update. If it cannot connect to the server to check for an update it still lets you play. I have been playing solidly every day since the day after launch and not had any problem firing the game up regardless of what is going on with the servers. A few times it has said it could not connect to the update server and it just let me play the game.

Vinci

Danish
Finally got it and spent time playing instead of sleeping. Thus far, the early period is tough and I cannot wait till I can select my own key bindings. Half the time my difficulties result from hitting the wrong key. Oh well, still fun.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Finally got in, so yay! Made an elf water mage, and he's great for survivability. I just keep using that healing stream. =D Accidentally aggro'd a skull bull and the thing just kept chasing me for miles. I was way in the middle of nowhere and had to run all the way back to town before it gave up and wandered off.

Also made goblin ranger and the way mana and rapid fire work together is kind of neat. =)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
nabbed it today as well. feel stupid asking, but how do you see how much money you have and then buy things from shops? I'm in the shop and clicking items does nothing, no 'you are too poor' and I see no gold/copper indicator.

Top Bottom