• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

pyros

I didn't realize there was a dodge mechanic until I was knee deep in wolves. Melee class is not super easy so far.

You can dodge quite a bit with a full stamina bar. Equipping items that raise your REG will allow you to regenerate stamina faster. To survive in dungeons you will need to be careful with enemy pulls and learn to use the environment to your advantage. This applies well to the outside world too.

this is currently in alpha right? How playable is it? Is this account based?

Like can I play it co-op with my brother locally with 1 purchased copy?

Very playable. There is already a lot of content and many features in the game and everything is really polished. The game is account based so you will need a login to play. I'm not sure if it's possible to install the client on two machines and just use the same login.

There is no local same screen co-op, but you can play co-op multiplayer via server or LAN (I don't think LAN is fully implemented yet so you may need to use the server application and open ports).

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
I've been trying to buy this game since Saturday. Finally bought it!

edit - this game is going to cook my gpu (660ti), 82c in just 10 minutes of gameplay eeek!

Pocks

I've been trying to buy this game since Saturday. Finally bought it!

edit - this game is going to cook my gpu (660ti), 82c in just 10 minutes of gameplay eeek!

Do you have the framerate locked?

As an aside, does this game have background music implemented yet? I don't seem to have any, but it's turned on in the settings.

Lizard with a ladder

Do you have the framerate locked?

As an aside, does this game have background music implemented yet? I don't seem to have any, but it's turned on in the settings.

I recall someone mentioning that in this thread. Enabling vsync in the control panel was one of the first things I did.

When creating a world wtf is a seed it asked for? I just put in the number 23. I'm not even level 2 yet and have died 10+ times as a ranger lol

Rootbeer

Banned
So happy I was able to buy the game early... this is a real nightmare for those involved... can't believe it's still not worked out. It's getting ridiculous.

docbon

Gonna send out some messages to steambros to let them know this is up.

edit: reddit thread for removing the player limit

rejoice.png

moojito

Decided to take the advice of someone else here and head out west. This game is seriously big. With some more villages and quests this is going to be great. It's been a while since I dropped 13 quid on a game, but I think it'll prove worth it.

edit: damn, that took a while. I set out west at 7am and it took my all the way up to 1am to get to the next inn. At the end there I was just running in pitch black night, not seeing anything. They need to add that talk-to-an-innkeeper thing to the many campfires you see around the place. Problem solved.

Just hit leve 4. I only recently found armor (warrior) and I'm still using my starting club - everything better than it is blocked by a strength requirement and all the loot i find is garbage.

Also the grind for levels is rough. Playing as a warrior alone is making dungeons near impossible. 16 potions and i still can't find a boss.

Lizard with a ladder

Just hit leve 4. I only recently found armor (warrior) and I'm still using my starting club - everything better than it is blocked by a strength requirement and all the loot i find is garbage.

Also the grind for levels is rough. Playing as a warrior alone is making dungeons near impossible. 16 potions and i still can't find a boss.

The loot gods have been cruel to me as well.

Rolled a warrior also. Using the starting sword and shield instead of the club.

ZenVolta

I wouldnt worry about doing dungeons right off. But if you do then look for blue name enemies(means they are on your level or white name mission bosses they are below your level.)

Loot can be hard to find. Well good loot anyway. Best bet would be to buy the best you can from shops. Focus on finding the enemy warriors that walk around. They tend to drop good stuff.

Edit: Someone with good internet should set up a Max Player Gaf Server. That would rock!

Yeah I dunno maybe I'll start finding more drops. Right now I've hit level 5, had to craft my own shoulders and found a few items as loot. Weapon wise I just went ahead and bought a sword since none were dropping and I'm finally the right level .

ZenVolta said:
I wouldnt worry about doing dungeons right off. But if you do then look for blue name enemies(means they are on your level or white name mission bosses they are below your level.)

I think I probably will abandon this one for awhile. I finally got to the boss who promptly
split into 4 enemies
and I ran out of potions. Luckily for me, all of the enemies in the dungeon respawned. That was a run with 30 potions and some ginseng soup, so I don't really have the desire to grind up the potions to do it again.

Lizard with a ladder

Yeah I dunno maybe I'll start finding more drops. Right now I've hit level 5, had to craft my own shoulders and found a few items as loot. Weapon wise I just went ahead and bought a sword since none were dropping and I'm finally the right level .

Not even 5 minutes after posting. I had a sword that was a huge upgrade drop. Now I just need better armor.

Did you go berserker or guardian?

Not even 5 minutes after posting. I had a sword that was a huge upgrade drop. Now I just need better armor.

Did you go berserker or guardian?

I went guardian - I was getting pounded so I figured the extra defense could help out. I just got my first ability, that ground slam move, because I badly wanted hang gliding.

5 minutes after posting I got my shit slapped by a raccoon.

Lizard with a ladder

I went guardian - I was getting pounded so I figured the extra defense could help out. I just got my first ability, that ground slam move, because I badly wanted hang gliding.

5 minutes after posting I got my shit slapped by a raccoon.

I went guardian as well.

Not really feeling that ground slam move. Maybe I just need practice using it. So far it seems more effective as an escape skill.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Started playing last night, had to run to a city and got ambushed by like 10 Human+2s and a freakin' ogre then got my shit pushed in by some Lemon Beetles. hahahah

Good news though, I beat up some chickens and got some good stuff to drop even though it wasn't for my class (warrior zerker). Now every chicken is a target.

Only got to try this out for a brief moment last night, but does the game have music in it at all? I hear sounds like birds chirping and stuff.

I went guardian as well.

Not really feeling that ground slam move. Maybe I just need practice using it. So far it seems more effective as an escape skill.

It's not my favorite - I was hoping for something slightly ranged like a ground/air shockwave or something. Most of the time I'll launch it and forget that it stunned the enemy and I won't take advantage of it.

This game needs an increased view distance pronto. Getting high up on a mountain only to be greeted by a sea of blue fog is disappointing. I know, alpha, etc. etc. It still needs to happen.

EDIT: too much blue
1Pr.png

ZenVolta

It's not my favorite - I was hoping for something slightly ranged like a ground/air shockwave or something. Most of the time I'll launch it and forget that it stunned the enemy and I won't take advantage of it.

This game needs an increased view distance pronto. Getting high up on a mountain only to be greeted by a sea of blue fog is disappointing. I know, alpha, etc. etc. It still needs to happen.

EDIT: too much blue

Inside the Cube World Folder there should be an "options.cfg". Open that bad boy with a txt editor like notepad and change "Render Distance" to some crazy high number. Like say 4000. See how that looks

Inside the Cube World Folder there should be an "options.cfg". Open that bad boy with a txt editor like notepad and change "Render Distance" to some crazy high number. Like say 4000. See how that looks

I popped in 1000 and didn't notice a difference, but I can give something really high a go

So i bought this game today at work... how do I download it? Can't seem to find the game client or any dl page on their site or in my email or anythign.

Lizard with a ladder

Problem with it being blue. Other mobs that can be killed are also blue. So I see a group of blues and I'm like "hell yeah easy exp" *jumps in for the attack* .....oh, NPCs. Carry on.

I'll try that pressing v thing though. Thanks!

Raxum

Blue is friendly when it is the health bar. I agree it should be easier to tell. Try pushing v maybe?

Only problem is that sometimes you can't see that from far enough away like where you want to initiate from. Gets kind of annoying, so I usually find a pack of strong mobs nearby and pull them into the friendlies. Either helps you get good xp or pays them back for tricking you into thinking you had to fight them :p (plus there's no real downside atm, if they traded or gave you quests it might be different)

Lizard with a ladder

"I love camping"

IN CUBEWORLD

Don't lie lol :p

You know you love camping in other games too.

A few years ago there was a guildmate bragging on guild chat how he'd been camping this alliance hunter for the past 45 minutes. You'd think that after the 3rd time being killed by camping you'd log off. Nope, poor guy was killed 12 times before my guildmate got bored.

The lesson to be learned here. Rogues are assholes.
My 2nd main was an undead rogue

ZenVolta

How do ya'll get to such high levels? I haven't played it co-op yet, guess that's why I'm leveling so slowly.

Iv gotten more levels while playing offline then in coop. Since my last post and this post iv gone from 121 to 126, so 5 levels. But im not really trying to level. Just want some better gear.

Top Bottom