• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

moojito

Darnit, I guess I'll have to google. No other water mage has ever had this problem? :p I seriously just get green numbers on everything besides a scarecrow (which gets like gray or yellow numbers and takes no damage).

I tried to hurt some innocent spiked things going from village to village, and attack some random dogs, and they didn't even care!

Maybe go and see a trainer, respec fire then back to water. That might fix it.

elyetis

Darnit, I guess I'll have to google. No other water mage has ever had this problem? :p I seriously just get green numbers on everything besides a scarecrow (which gets like gray or yellow numbers and takes no damage).

I tried to hurt some innocent spiked things going from village to village, and attack some random dogs, and they didn't even care!
I'm pretty sure you can't hurt dogs, sheep, etc.. well things that won't attack you by themselves, as a water mage.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Hmm, I don't have that issue, try switching weapons to see if it resolves it?

Simian

I ran into a weird glitch today, it has never happened before and i have been playing for hours. Im in a city, and all of a sudden i die, and all the villagers die, and i keep respawning but as soon as i respawn i die again. I keep seeing the character being hit 95 95 95 95 out of no where, then i just die....and its not just me but all the villagers and animals in the city.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm pretty sure you can't hurt dogs, sheep, etc.. well things that won't attack you by themselves, as a water mage.
Thanks, this was it. I must not have tried attacking any naturally hostile enemies.

Do you lose any XP or have any other penalties if you die? I thought I gained XP right as I died, but it might have been after I died so my XP level when I respawned is the same as before.

ZenVolta

I ran into a weird glitch today, it has never happened before and i have been playing for hours. Im in a city, and all of a sudden i die, and all the villagers die, and i keep respawning but as soon as i respawn i die again. I keep seeing the character being hit 95 95 95 95 out of no where, then i just die....and its not just me but all the villagers and animals in the city.

Sounds like the town is haunted. Maybe built on an ancient indian burial ground O.O

But really i saw some people talking about this on reddit.

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of soundtracks, the FTL menu music goes super well with Cubeworld. I'm attempting to idle for trading cards while playing. :p

cametall

Is there any reliable way for Guardian's to hold aggro?

I can't keep aggro off my friend who is a Ninja. I feel useless outside my stun.

BooJoh

Thanks, this was it. I must not have tried attacking any naturally hostile enemies.

Do you lose any XP or have any other penalties if you die? I thought I gained XP right as I died, but it might have been after I died so my XP level when I respawned is the same as before.

Yeah, you can't attack anything with a blue name/HP bar. And judging from my castle mission last night there are no death penalties yet. I must've died like 20 times.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, you can't attack anything with a blue name/HP bar. And judging from my castle mission last night there are no death penalties yet. I must've died like 20 times.
I was happy to discover that pets respawn too. I was afraid my new cat had died needlessly (nevermind the fact that I stole it out of a town, so maybe it was someone else's!)

Mognet

Is there any reliable way for Guardian's to hold aggro?

I can't keep aggro off my friend who is a Ninja. I feel useless outside my stun.

i have the same problem too. the aggro is based off amount of damage dealt to the monster, and in most cases guardians wont deal much damage compared to other classes. unfortunately tanks aren't very viable in the game at the moment.

pyros

Might be a bug or by design, I'm a fire mage and was upgrading my wand (yes, ha ha) at the workbench in the crafting area with the furnace, if you move block of wood or any sprit cube from the boundary of the overlay, it's gone for good and does not drop to the ground

So Many Bullets

Neo Member
This game needs shared storage between all your characters.

I'm playing the rogue I rolled last night at the moment. Let me know when you got time to jump in for some multiplayer.

I have to run a few errands. I should be done within 2-3 hours.

I found a great farming spot for our higher level characters, use the seed 21367 (asked my wife for a random number). Then head SW from Sedara City, and go to Thalrior Forest, it is due west of the Krogor Mountains. Nothing but +3 Insectoids that were dropping epics.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!

I found a great farming spot for our higher level characters, use the seed 21367 (asked my wife for a random number). Then head SW from Sedara City, and go to Thalrior Forest, it is due west of the Krogor Mountains. Nothing but +3 Insectoids that were dropping epics.

Sounds good. Shoot me PM when you get back. I'll switch back to my warrior to group up with your water mage.

Dude thanks for that farming spot, I've gotten tons of epics there now.

I can't believe how many epics I'm getting on this seed 21367. Even killed an insectoid boss in the forest that gave me a yellow crossbow.

ZenVolta

So how does guardian work? I'm confused what his left click do with sword shield.

How does one parry?

Its a 2 part kinda thing. First, by holding right click you get a block(the bar tells how long you can block for). Second, when using normal attacks you build mp. You then use that MP with Right click(hold to charge) for a stun/attack. You can also build MP by successfully blocking an attack. Im guessing thats what a parry is.

BooJoh

I think the block bar represents how high your block/parry chance is, so if the bar is full and your timing is good you can use right click to block/parry. I haven't used a shield but with a 2 hander a successful parry can deal pretty nice damage and stun. But if you just hold block then the bar will quickly empty and then you have basically no chance to block.

pyros

Is mage armour upgradeable?, I have plenty of emerald cubes but can't find a way to add them to silk armour, thanks

BooJoh

Is mage armour upgradeable?, I have plenty of emerald cubes but can't find a way to add them to silk armour, thanks

From what I understand, emeralds are used to craft new items from green quality recipes which can be found in shops or as drops. You can't attach blocks to armor like you can weapons AFAIK.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Middle mouse might as well not exist for me. I always try to bind it to something else.

Ideally, we'll be able to rebind soon, because I've stopped playing because of control issues.

HildyB

I'm worried Jeff might give up and leave the quick look with 'This game is just too fucking hard, can't kill any bees or shit'

I kinda feel like he is a bit jaded on certain game types. I think this one would be more suited to Vinny and Drew.

Blizzard

Banned
Keybinding would be a good thing for sure. I always forget the climb button, and then I'm running across the landscape with some monster eating me frantically trying to bring up the F1 keyboard overlay and going WHERE IS CLIMB I KNOW I DID IT BEFORE.

Of course then I discovered monsters climb anyway, so the only real way to escape seems to be to have your pet sacrifice itself (and then respawn later) while you run away like the coward you are.

Keybinding would be nice, but I haven't had any problems with the default controls. I'd like to map my other battle skills to my side mouse buttons, but it's not a major inconvenience right now.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Can anyone think of a situation where you wouldn't want sprint and climb to be the same key? Because in my mind, that sounds like a decent idea.

Blizzard

Banned
Can anyone think of a situation where you wouldn't want sprint and climb to be the same key? Because in my mind, that sounds like a decent idea.
Is there a sprint button? I know there's a walk button, but I thought default run speed was sprint. I'm going to feel silly if that's not true.

pyros

The ocean biome is a great place to grind for a fire mage, piranhas and sharks give about 13 to 15 points each, I've jumped from a level 18 to 24 in less then two hours, having a monkey as a pet helps a lot too

Rhyvven

Neo Member
Spent about 4 hours with the game on Saturday. Bouncing back and forth between Fire/Water Mage, got my Water Mage up to level 3. Managed to take down some higher level mobs and got a few drops of Staves and Wands that were much better than the opening weapon. But, I am interested in other weapons at town shop.

I read through all the pages here again and checked some forums and Wikis. I am sure I am over-thinking it and comparing it to other MMOs, but can't figure how to purchase a better weapon.When at the weapon shop and I see a Staff or Wand that says something like "Power 24 adjusted" and it is in RED lettering, I assume I am not "ready", power/level-wise to buy this? Or is this an item I take to the adjuster guy in the Tower at the local village?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Is there a sprint button? I know there's a walk button, but I thought default run speed was sprint. I'm going to feel silly if that's not true.
Yeah, I mixed those up. Walk/climb then.

Because my ideal config would be dodge on shift (or double tap WASD direction) and CTRL to climb/walk.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I read through all the pages here again and checked some forums and Wikis. I am sure I am over-thinking it and comparing it to other MMOs, but can't figure how to purchase a better weapon.When at the weapon shop and I see a Staff or Wand that says something like "Power 24 adjusted" and it is in RED lettering, I assume I am not "ready", power/level-wise to buy this? Or is this an item I take to the adjuster guy in the Tower at the local village?

when looking at the items it tells you your power level. you need to level up.

I like the game, by nighttime is fucking garbage. what a terrible idea. 'now you can't see shit for fucking ages unless you go to an inn'

games great, but night time is switch off the game time.

when looking at the items it tells you your power level. you need to level up.

I like the game, by nighttime is fucking garbage. what a terrible idea. 'now you can't see shit for fucking ages unless you go to an inn'

games great, but night time is switch off the game time.

Oh, I'm really enjoying the night time. It's awesome seeing campfires and shine shrooms through the trees or in the distance. Plus, you can find/buy better lamps that give off more light. Fighting vampires in the forest at night is fucking awesome, though.

Oh, I'm really enjoying the night time. It's awesome seeing campfires and shine shrooms through the trees or in the distance. Plus, you can find/buy better lamps that give off more light. Fighting vampires in the forest at night is fucking awesome, though.

Yeah night time reminds me of Dragon's Dogma - dangerous, properly dark out and tense. Though leveling up the hang glider makes it far less deadly . plus you can out run pretty much everything in this game (that I've run into)

I think the block bar represents how high your block/parry chance is, so if the bar is full and your timing is good you can use right click to block/parry. I haven't used a shield but with a 2 hander a successful parry can deal pretty nice damage and stun. But if you just hold block then the bar will quickly empty and then you have basically no chance to block.

how do you parry with 2h?

Top Bottom