• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

ZenVolta

So nighttime is either this or wait it out or go to the INN right?

Also, should I start a new world where I can guarantee a gold lamp? Or do most of them have it?

I found my gold lamp 3 towns away from the starting town. So im sure they all have one someplace. But if you really need it then yeah.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Bought this tonight, so far it seems like a great game, my kid loves it. It is a bit hard in the beginning, leveling is slow and many mobs will kill you fast.

Does anyone know if the money we paid gets applied towards further versions? Do we have to pay again for a beta and then release?

pyros

Bought this tonight, so far it seems like a great game, my kid loves it. It is a bit hard in the beginning, leveling is slow and many mobs will kill you fast.

Does anyone know if the money we paid gets applied towards further versions? Do we have to pay again for a beta and then release?

You will get it updated for free till release, after that I'm not sure.

I really want to get some gift keys, my friends kids would love this game

oO Arekkz Oo

Neo Member
This is finally out!

Other than Arekkz video guides, any other recommendations/tips&tricks for a newbie?

I'd also suggest, if you can, try and play with a friend online. It makes some of the earlier quests a little easier, and in turn by completing quests, you'll level up faster. It's not necessary, but the beginning of the game can be a little brutal otherwise. Also, playing with friends makes it feel less grindy ;)

Rhyvven

Neo Member
You also have the option to use a sleeping bag. Time passes by a little faster while you're in one. Your best bet is to use an inn though.

List of Seeds with legendary lamps.

I finally had the chance yesterday to play for my second time. I decided to hang out near a lake and found a camp with a sleeping bag. Perched on a hill, so it was easy to watch for mobs. I wanted to see just how dark it got. True to the previous posts...yeah, that's dark.

What I did notice though was by about 3:45AM, there was enough light being cast to comfortably start roaming around again. Quite the full "day" of exploration followed.

Calmine

This is so good. Although at first was like levelling takes ages but once I joined a group of people online soon started picking up.

Even saw an insanely high leveled player they were level 1500. Was like what!? Then I was told that are people exploiting.

This is so good. Although at first was like levelling takes ages but once I joined a group of people online soon started picking up.

Even saw an insanely high leveled player they were level 1500. Was like what!? Then I was told that are people exploiting.

There are a lot of exploits but that doesn't really matter right now. When PVP and bigger server capacities are supported, it could become a problem. Personally, I would never want to ruin my experience by doing stuff like that. I even feel bad farming +3s and +4s. After getting a few nice drops, I will just move on.

I'll probably be sticking to personal or trusted servers like I did in Minecraft.

Blizzard

Banned
There are a lot of exploits but that doesn't really matter right now. When PVP and bigger server capacities are supported, it could become a problem. Personally, I would never want to ruin my experience by doing stuff like that. I even feel bad farming +3s and +4s. After getting a few nice drops, I will just move on.

I'll probably be sticking to personal or trusted servers like I did in Minecraft.
Why would you feel bad farming +3 or +4 (assuming you mean things like cows)? Killing cows could still take ages to level up, right? Especially since it kind of seems like an MMO without much content right now. :p

I still need to read up on those links about missions I guess.

kvothe

Oh, we can finally buy it now?

I was into the idea of this game, but after having to wait so long for them to actually fix their shit so I could just buy their game, I'm hesitant to trust them with good, timely updates/bug fixes.

Sye d'Burns

It's been a blast so far. I've spent a good amount of time in LAN play with my kids. As long as you don't take it too seriously, it's a fun game to play with them. Not having to pay for multiple licenses is a real plus. I'm not counting on it staying that way, so I'd imagine I'm going to have to lay out for an additional license or two down the road much like I did during the minecraft 2 for 1 sale.

But darn it all, I finally found a cinnamon role (sic) but, as much as I've wanted that turtle for my water mage, my spitter is much closer to my level. Leveling up a turtle from level 6 is going to be a chore and a half.

Absinthe

It's been a blast so far. I've spent a good amount of time in LAN play with my kids. As long as you don't take it too seriously, it's a fun game to play with them. Not having to pay for multiple licenses is a real plus. I'm not counting on it staying that way, so I'd imagine I'm going to have to lay out for an additional license or two down the road much like I did during the minecraft 2 for 1 sale.

But darn it all, I finally found a cinnamon role (sic) but, as much as I've wanted that turtle for my water mage, my spitter is much closer to my level. Leveling up a turtle from level 6 is going to be a chore and a half.

I'm right there with ya. The colorful world and constant exploration makes it easy to loose track of time and then realize you've been playing much longer than expected. For some reason I never could get into Minecraft, but this is right down my alley.

Pocks

Is there a reason why I suddenly cannot ride my pet? When I hit r, the pet warps to me as it should, but I don't actually mount it.

Travelling has become tedious today because of this glitch.

EDIT: They needed some water.. I had no idea that was a thing haha.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
Is there a reason why I suddenly cannot ride my pet? When I hit r, the pet warps to me as it should, but I don't actually mount it.

It's not a glitch. Your pet has stamina. Give it some water and you'll be able to ride again. It's stamina is represented by water drops under your pet's exp bar.

Blizzard

Banned

EDIT: They needed some water.. I had no idea that was a thing haha.
It's like Pokemon, DRIVE YOUR PET INTO THE GROUND, HAVE NO MERCY. :p

Discovered a +4 area and got some really good drops. I'm in pretty much all legendary gear now. We also fought a +4 boss which took over an hour to defeat (he reset twice).

Here's the video from our LP for those interested:

http://youtu.be/HqMXRiV_Tbg

Edit: Updated link with re-edited 20 minute version.

Rootbeer

Banned
has there been anything out of wol and pix lately? their twitter and blogs don't have much to say. love the game so far but since this is game is supposedly still under aggressive development it'd be cool to hear some status updates once in a while.

has there been anything out of wol and pix lately? their twitter and blogs don't have much to say. love the game so far but since this is game is supposedly still under aggressive development it'd be cool to hear some status updates once in a while.

Zilch AFAIK. And because of that I regret my purchase. I'm spoiled by other indie devs. The Cube World launch was a joke that could have been wholly prevented if the creators weren't so against Steam and DRM.

(I wouldn't have purchased the game so early had I known that they werent planning an eventual Steam release)

docbon

Discovered a +4 area and got some really good drops. I'm in pretty much all legendary gear now. We also fought a +4 boss which took over an hour to defeat (he reset twice).

Here's the video from our LP for those interested:

http://youtu.be/HGy6Skhu1Qo

Our gaming channel is new so if you enjoy the content, any subscriptions would be much appreciated!

hahaha, had the same seed for our multiplayer server and fought the same boss.

Blizzard

Banned
Does anyone have tips about spell aiming for the water mage? I'm trying to use the first spell, the healing stream, and when there are a bunch of enemies and I'm running for my life, I keep wasting most of my mana bar accidentally targeting my pet. I kind of wish there was a modifier or other option so I can exclusively heal myself instead of the pet.

I did notice you can roll to cancel the heal and avoid wasting some of the mana, presumably intentional?

oO Arekkz Oo

Neo Member
My level 3 char found a level 55 bow, from the wiki that means he needs to be like level 20 to use it. That seems like a very far way off, do you save these items or just sell them? Thanks.

http://wiki.cubeworldforum.org/index.php?title=Power#Power_Level

It depends on what the weapon is. If it's a rare/legendary weapon, then I'd hang on to it (purple/yellow), but if it's just a regular green, then tbh I'd sell it; you'll find more nearer the time.

Blizzard

Banned
I really like this game, but getting fed up with camera.
It normally works for me. The two things that are annoying are when you go into a building (you can't QUITE zoom into first-person view, and the most zoomed in view almost works in a building, but then you can't see chat text when you talk to people), and when you are trying to run and heal and the heal spell keeps auto-targeting your pet because the pet runs in front of the camera partway through the charge. RAGE.

ZenVolta

First of all, a big thank you to all Cube World fans. It's so great to see all the Cube World videos and screenshots from other players all around the web!

We will improve our shop interface soon - in the meantime Cube World is available for purchase here: picroma.com/buycubeworld

I just wanted to give you a brief overview of what we'll be doing next:

Fixing bugs: We have already gathered a big list of bugs and glitches reported by players.
Compatibility: Some players have DirectX initialization problems on their PCs. We will try to find out the reasons and solve these issues.
Performance: We will work on performance optimizations, both for client and server.
Remappable controls: We will make all controls configurable.
Scalable GUI: We will make the GUI scalable, so it works well with lower resolutions, too.
Multiplayer server configuration: We will add more server configurations options, such as a configurable port.
New content: We already have a few things in the making, such as new creatures.
Changes to the website: We'll restructure the site a little and add a new forum and probably a bugtracking system (if anyone can recommend a good bugtracker, please let me know).

Small update that was posted today. Cant wait to see whats next.

Rhyvven

Neo Member
It normally works for me. The two things that are annoying are when you go into a building (you can't QUITE zoom into first-person view, and the most zoomed in view almost works in a building, but then you can't see chat text when you talk to people), and when you are trying to run and heal and the heal spell keeps auto-targeting your pet because the pet runs in front of the camera partway through the charge. RAGE.

I find a can back out a few clicks from first person inside the buildings and be "inside" and still be able to read. Regarding the bolded part above, yes....quite. I find it happens more with "taller" pets. My ostrich does it constantly, unless I try to zig zag him out of view. Switched back to my alpaca and he did not get in the way..

xJavonta

Banned
Small update that was posted today. Cant wait to see whats next.

Remappable controls: We will make all controls configurable.
Scalable GUI: We will make the GUI scalable, so it works well with lower resolutions, too.
Multiplayer server configuration: We will add more server configurations options, such as a configurable port.
New content: We already have a few things in the making, such as new creatures.

These are the big ones for me. Can't wait for this. Hopefully remappable controls will allow me to use a controller for BPM.

The scalable GUI is the biggest one for me though since I play on a 1366x768 monitor 90% of the time and everything is overlapping.

Cube World Update:

July 23, 2013
- Added an option to limit the frame rate (see options menu: FPS limit; default 111 fps)
- Ranger ability 'Scout's switftness' doesn't crash on multiplayer servers anymore
- Ranger ability 'Retreat' doesn't increase hang gliding speed anymore
- The crossbow's right mouse button ability now only does damage when charged
- You can now reset the day in inns only between 6:00 P.M. and 6:00 A.M.
- Fixed a bug where multiplayer groups received too much XP for missions

Also, episode 5 of our LP is up. Ocean biomes and more!

http://youtu.be/D3QVbu485G8

M4shy

Neo Member
Radeon Pro refuses to work with this game for me. It's making my CPU usage skyrocket too.

Cube uses between 50-70% CPU at any one time and speeds up all the fans to the point where I can hear them through headphones.

Limiting the FPS doesn't seem to have a huge affect sadly.

Top Bottom