• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

Hamster

How can I feed them? Does the website have a faq for these questions? Sorry to bother you guys.

Go to the pet tab in your inventory(the one with the cat thing) select the food and rightclick it. When you have it in your hand you just walk up to an animal and if it's the right food you'll see a growing heart over it( and it wont attack you should it be an aggressive mob).

Orgun

How can I feed them? Does the website have a faq for these questions? Sorry to bother you guys.

S'ok, it's dead quiet at work :)

I couldn't see a specific way to do it on the website, but it does say a lists all the controls under F1.

edit: Hamster to the rescue

I've only gotten to play it for a couple hours so far, but it seems pretty solid. I got completely boned by the respawn system, as i died once and it started shooting me between 3 respawn statues where i would instantly die from high level mobs. After about 6 deaths it finally dropped me at one where i was able to barely survive. As others have stated, the game is absolutely gorgeous. Very solid for an alpha! I can see myself pumping some time into this game.

nataku

I get up and see the store is back, only to find registration down for new accounts due to maintenance, ugh.

No it isn't this is nothing like minecraft it only looks like it on the surface. This game is a pure exploration, combat adventure game whereas Minecraft is more a builder game with the shittiest combat and survival model they could possibly implement. The two are completely different and this comes from a huge minecraft fan.

Not in the sense of being a similar game, just a new indie hit that comes out of nowhere and ends up selling in huge numbers. If its good of course.

Tak3n

Banned
was going to buy this for my son who is 6

is it suitable?

also please tell me it has controller support, he struggles like crazy with KB/M controls?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

is it suitable?

No, definitely go with Minecraft instead or at least wait until the full release. The current version of this game is way too unbalanced and not fun kind grinding out (unlike Rogue Legacy).

is it suitable?

also please tell me it has controller support, he struggles like crazy with KB/M controls?

I've found the game to be very difficult. I don't think the complexity of the combat + difficulty would be enjoyable for someone who is young.

robin2

I'm interested but not sold, I don't understand exactly its identity.

To me it looks like:
Minecraft without the mining-crafting fest + MMORPG-style quests.
or
Terraria without the mining-crafting fest + Minecraft graphics + MMORPG-style quests.

In both cases, I envision the lack of a wide mining-crafting aspect would theoretically make it very boring, very fast.
Yes, I see they added the character progression but stats-skills development isn't exactly as engaging as mining-crafting in my eyes.
Yeas again, I see they spiced up the combat but judging from a couple of videos and it looked like Realm of the Mag God combat, which I had fun with (though RotMG had permadeath.. which Cubeworld hasn't right?) but it was no Dark Souls for sure.

Am I missing something?

Is there perhaps a diablo-like loot fest, so you are stimulated exploring to find the ultimate equipment?

Chaos

Pet food Spoiler -

Monkey - Banana Split
Terrier - Waffles
Pig - Pumpkin Mash
Plain Runner/Jungle Runner/Desert Runner - Milk Chocolate Bar
Collie - Bubblegum
Sheep - Cotton Candy
Slime- Purple/Yellow/Blue/Green Jelly
Hornet- Popcorn
Mole-Chocolate Donut
Chicken-Cereal Bar
Bunny-Carrot
Horse-Candied Apple
Lemon Beetle- Lemon Tart
Turtle-Cinnamon Roll
Crab-Strawberry Cocktail
Duckbill- Sugar Candy
Crocodile-Apple Rings
Raccoons-Chocolate Cake
Squirrel-Strawberry Cake
Crow-Licorice Candy
Alpaca-Vanilla Cupcake
Porcupine-Blackberry Marmalade
Camel-Date Cookie
Penguin-Softice
Cat-Candy
Peacock-Chocolate Cookie
Owl-Lollipop

I'm interested but not sold, I don't understand exactly its identity.

To me it looks like:
Minecraft without the mining-crafting fest + MMORPG-style quests.
or
Terraria without the mining-crafting fest + Minecraft graphics + MMORPG-style quests.

In both cases, I envision the lack of a wide mining-crafting aspect would theoretically make it very boring, very fast.
Yes, I see they added the character progression but stats-skills development isn't exactly as engaging as mining-crafting in my eyes.
Yeas again, I see they spiced up the combat but judging from a couple of videos and it looked like Realm of the Mag God combat, which I had fun with (though RotMG had permadeath.. which Cubeworld hasn't right?) but it was no Dark Souls for sure.

Am I missing something?

Is there perhaps a diablo-like loot fest, so you are stimulated exploring to find the ultimate equipment?

It's a game with a Minecraft style aesthetic, but based around exploration and RPG elements. You level up, do quests, raid dungeons, collect loot, visit towns, etc. It doesn't really have any overlap with Minecraft besides the look of the game being voxel based.

It's a game with a Minecraft style aesthetic, but based around exploration and RPG elements. You level up, do quests, raid dungeons, collect loot, visit towns, etc. It doesn't really have any overlap with Minecraft besides the look of the game being voxel based.

Yes, his complaint is essentially like saying he is skeptical about purchasing skyrim because it doesn't have mincraft type crafting.

So the only thing this has in common with Minecraft is the blocky graphics and the fact that it's randomly generated, right?

Looks great though. I hope there's a lot of exploring and loot in this game. Any extra info?

Plumpman

Anyone who is able to play, have you tried multiplayer?

My brother and I are only on LAN, but we are getting very frequent disconnects on MP. If anyone runs into this issue and finds a fix to make it more stable, let us know! I'll do the same.

Where do you buy the glider? I know its in a store but I've looked in every single shop and for some reason I can't find it anywhere. I saw it before though... I think I'm going crazy.

ys45

Where do you buy the glider? I know its in a store but I've looked in every single shop and for some reason I can't find it anywhere. I saw it before though... I think I'm going crazy.

The store with the brown pot/potion sign (general store)

if you scroll down you should see it in the items for sale list , It's 10 silver i think but you also need the skill to use it.

Nokterian

How many people made this? 2? If so pretty amazing,but such a shame for the launch. But going to buy it since it is a labor of love going in to this game and voxels baby!

Karak

So the only thing this has in common with Minecraft is the blocky graphics and the fact that it's randomly generated, right?

Looks great though. I hope there's a lot of exploring and loot in this game. Any extra info?

Pretty much correct.
Well there is boat loads to already do, tons to explore, for me it runs smooth as silk. Honestly the best Alpha I have played, in pure content and feel, in ages.

Wife and I have the day off... dying to play.... and the website won't accept new account registrations, thus won't let us buy the game... *grumpy face*

VandalD

I stayed out adventuring too late.

qGLTB2v.png

No, I'm not in a cave.

Santar

This game seems to be far more demanding that it looks. At first it runs smooth, but after everything is loaded in it runs very slow for me. Kinda strange as I can run far more graphics demanding games like Far Cry 3 fine.

This game seems to be far more demanding that it looks. At first it runs smooth, but after everything is loaded in it runs very slow for me. Kinda strange as I can run far more graphics demanding games like Far Cry 3 fine.

well it is using voxels, made by 2 people, alpha, etc

turn down your draw distance

VandalD

Do you have an Nvidia graphics card? I'd recommend manually forcing anti aliasing on the game so that the edges are smooth. It makes the game look 1000x better.
I'd try it, but my computer is already struggling a bit in parts of the game. Thanks anyway. I they'll be adding, or I just haven't found a better lamp. Even the dungeons are extremely dark.
what does this mean
Night time is extremely dark. See my pic above. The only way to skip past night time is to talk to an innkeeper, and the lands between towns are pretty huge in this game. If you stay out too late like I did, you basically have to fumble around in the dark, or stand still leaving the game running for a long time. Not a very fun thing for most folks, I'd think.

ys45

The entire world goes pitch black for about an hour of playtime, and as far as I can tell there's nothing you can do about it but deal with it. And it's really fucking annoying.

You can rest at an inn in town it fast forward to morning, but yeah night time is bad news in this game (much like Minecraft minus the creepers).

First time i got caught by the night i decided to sleep at a camp fire with a bed .... and i got ganked by a party of 4 frog in my sleep -_-

Morokh

Alright, I took the bait !
It's really weird the game feels so bare-bones and yet it seems there is already quite a lot of content :eek:

sirap

Where?!? How?!?

Melee characters get it from the start I think (or it might be random). Shops in town also sell it. But yeah like CharmingCharlie mentioned it only highlights a small circle around you, better than pitch black though if you're trying to get to safety.

Top Bottom