• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuomo Declares a State of Emergency for New York City Subways

tbm24

I think it's pretty funny that the A train is the line that forced Albany's hand. Grew up on that line and is still the most reliable line I've lived with. R,N,Q,L,2,3 and 7 lines can get stuffed.

Gallbaro

Banned
Yep. And NYS would rather destroy themselves than have to open up the pocketbook in earnest to fund and fix the subway...
The MTA labor is so low in productivity because of political choices made over the years, like the refusal to reform work rules and risk TWU votes, that the organization should be disbanded and everyone forced to reapply for the limited positions available.

We pay for more for maintenance and construction by any metro than any other transit entity, including London and Paris.

The MTA is very well funded.

NY Daily News stinks. You are sensationilizing this

No he is not, Governor Shit head has already gone through multiple Union negotiations, ribbon cuttings and directed several capital construction projects such as automated tolling.

Posting this because it's literally all that has to be said.

DDbXIgtXcAAb7Ct.jpg

No this is not causing the issue either. Ridership increases do not cause signal malfunctions or rails breaking.

I can also post similar graphs from other majors metros that are not having this problem.

NYMTA has a problem with it's labor and it's management. Upgrading a measly 900 miles (including non-rev row) of signaling should not take $30B and 50 years.

Top Bottom