• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Chamber

💯
Attention Synthwave fans - apparently, Power Glove has contributed songs to the Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack:
qV7B89K.jpg

🤘💯

Last edited:

caffeware

Banned
Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
I came across this article that compares the game running on PS5 vs. a PC with a RTX2070.

Thanks. It looks pretty close to PC pics, that's impressive for a PS4 version. Especially since they used "a RTX 2070 (...) with all visual settings set to max and medium level ray-tracing" for the PC pics.

Edit : and 60 fps on PS5 is great too

Last edited:

T-STAFF19

Neo Member
That base ps4 footage looks pretty good aside from the pop ins. Hoping the ssd i just put into my pro helps out a little with that. Cannot wait to play this game!!!

I agree that she didn't seem to engage with the game the way I'd expect a serious reviewer to. I don't think you need to call her names though. Makes you sound like an incel dumb dumb.

If you don't engage with those systems, then how are you exploring the game in a way that will allow you to convey useful information to your audience? Even if it's to say, these systems suck and here's why. To say "I don't know" 'cause I didn't fele like trying them is pretty useless.

It's not OK to shit on someone because they are a woman. But it's perfectly OK to shit on someone for not doing their job and that's what's happening here. She had a JOB to do and she couldn't be fucking bothered to do it. She didn't even try to hide it either.She flat out admitted it.

Remember, the game is not optimized for PS5, so don't expect miracles from the PS5 version until the next gen patch hits sometime next year.

Is 1440p at 60fps a miracle? Cuz if they can’t get it out of the BC version, I kinda have doubts a next gen patch would.

TheMan

Hmm, looks like cyberpunk comes out tomorrow afternoon on PC for those of us in north america. That might seal the deal as a PC buy over ps5, lol
Plus PC will inevitably get nude mods, so there's that

Last edited:

Tschumi

The last time I had to calmly get through a day like this was the day before minor heart surgery a while back :p Just gotta breath, and know that... everything comes eventually.

EDIT: I know this sounds hyperbolic... But I genuinely think this game - coming as it did during COVID, this unique presidency, and long delayed :. much hyped - will influence the way we look at this subject matter. By this I mean... It's already made gamers think about it a lot more than they might have, it is going to give us an unprecedented view into it, it is going to be riding the same kind of escapist wave that Animal Farm has, it's going to capture the imagination... Yeah, I just think this game is going to go down as mas que un game (more than a game, Barcelona FC parody for no particular reason)

Edit: i mean, it'll bring that world closer to our world

Last edited by a moderator:

Lister

Banned
Hmm, looks like cyberpunk comes out tomorrow afternoon on PC for those of us in north america. That might seal the deal as a PC buy over ps5, lol

Doesn't the game already come with nude mods?

Komatsu

The last time I had to calmly get through a day like this was the day before minor heart surgery a while back :p Just gotta breath, and know that... everything comes eventually.

EDIT: I know this sounds hyperbolic... But I genuinely think this game - coming as it did during COVID, this unique presidency, and long delayed :. much hyped - will influence the way we look at this subject matter. By this I mean... It's already made gamers think about it a lot more than they might have, it is going to give us an unprecedented view into it, it is going to be riding the same kind of escapist wave that Animal Farm has, it's going to capture the imagination... Yeah, I just think this game is going to go down as mas que un game (more than a game, Barcelona FC parody for no particular reason)

It will be generation-defining. I have absolutely no doubt about it, just like The Witcher 3, regardless of how janky it is for the first few months.

CloudNull

Banned
Yep 4pm for pst. I cannot wait.... soon as I get off work I’ll be able to play.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Its rating went up on Open Critic. If it's able to maintain a 92+ (and it goes up on Metacritic), that'll prove really well for word of mouth initially. This could be a Witcher 3 like game, but this time with a new IP (which I think has greater potential since people are often turned away from sequels if they haven't invested in the series previously).

harmny

Banned
Its rating went up on Open Critic. If it's able to maintain a 92+ (and it goes up on Metacritic), that'll prove really well for word of mouth initially. This could be a Witcher 3 like game, but this time with a new IP (which I think has greater potential since people are often turned away from sequels if they haven't invested in the series previously).

let's see what happens. if the game is broken it will get review bombed on steam. only cdpr's reputation and being able to choose your dick size can save them if that happens and i don't know if that is enough.

and remember. you are gonna have woke outlets bashing the game lowering the score and potentially reviewers that are mad for getting review copies late bashing the game too.

thes next weeks are going to be fun

Md Ray

Just a little over 12 hrs to unlock on PS4 for me. Then will jump onto PC (GOG) 5 more hrs after it. Can't wait!

Hugare

I came across this article that compares the game running on PS5 vs. a PC with a RTX2070.

Since there's no PS5 version yet, this is essentialy the PS4 version

Looks amazing considering the hardware, honestly

I expect dynamic resolution reaching less than 900p to be able to hold 30 fps on a Base PS4

God help the Xbox One S

Md Ray

ah thank you for that bit of info, i hope it makes it to the consoles.
Sadly it won't, judging by the Witcher 3 console version. There will be some post process settings available to toggle like chromatic aberration, and likely motion blur. But CPU related setting like crowd density won't be available.

And it's likely going to be even lower than PC's lowest setting just it was on TW3.

pogggggereree

Neo Member
I didn’t craft, upgrade my weapons, or do any side missions because I don’t like cops....Thanks for the impressions, Kallie! Very informative and not a waste of anyone’s time!

this is why I like to go on the hardest difficulty. I like making use of all the systems and feeling those upgrades, y'know? but its also lame she didnt explore those options at all, rather lame she didnt have to.

Hugare

I was sure that I would go with a male V in my first run, but I dont know anymore

People are saying that female V has a better voice actor. Plus, Judy.

But my girl Panam, tho ...

Fuck

Rillania

Gold Member
Looking forward to tomorrow and finally booting this up after the long wait!

Got my preload all downloaded. Bring on the dildo collecting, baby.

Huh, I guess some of you are right, the release time is now sync'd which effectively pushes the time I can play by 8 hours to 8 am tomorrow instead of 12 am tonight.

Wtf CDPR, why must you do this?!

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Just got an email from Royal Mail stating they are due to deliver my copy today. Ordered from game collection outlet on eBay. Hopefully get playing today all being well.

djinferno807

Neo Member
I didn’t craft, upgrade my weapons, or do any side missions because I don’t like cops....Thanks for the impressions, Kallie! Very informative and not a waste of anyone’s time!

She's a legit idiot. Doesn't play the game for what it is, and complains. She has a track record of being a terrible reviewer. Don't know why GameSpot puts her on these big titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom