• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

AFkHgRW.jpeg
Look what came into work.

Eeeeeeeeeeee

I do really love this album, definitely a musical trip that is both retro and futuristic all at once.

I'll probably import the Japanese version of Amazon Japan once I have more cash on hand, I need more tracks man...

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
about "giorgio by moroder": did he also work on the music or did he only provide the talking portion?
Pretty sure his only contribution was being interviewed by DP.

And inspiring the sound of the track, of course.
But DP wrote/produced it alone.

cdyhybrid

is that good or bad?

Good. Unless you're a huge name like Drake or JT or Taylor Swift you're lucky if you go platinum (1 million). Record industry is a lot different now than it was 10 years ago. Especially when you consider they haven't done any non-soundtrack albums since Alive 2007.

Cipherr

Just giving it a proper listen now. Got it playing in the background while I fiddle around. Really LOVE Instant Crush, Within and Give Life Back To Music so far.

Just giving it a proper listen now. Got it playing in the background while I fiddle around. Really LOVE Instant Crush, Within and Give Life Back To Music so far.

Instant Crush caught me instantly, it's so good.

Within sounded like the spiritual successor to "Something About Us" to me, and I love that.

I honestly love all of the songs but those two for sure pop out for me, as well as Beyond for sounding like something straight out of Final Fantasy or another JRPG.

Pfffttt... I totally forgot I had credit on my Japanese itunes account. Time to go buy some tracks.

Edit: Nope, nothing there to purchase. Bummer.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I stopped checking the threads on GAF to avoid hyping myself too much. I didn't read any reviews, nothing. Just went to the music store today, bought the album, and I'm halfway through it. Apart from Giorgio by Moroder everything is garbage; it fails both as a disco album and as a classic Daft Punk album.

I'm still listening to it as I type but I'm truly disappointed. Knowing GAF though, I imagine all these 100 pages have been pure praise. RAM is all over the place, what an underwhelming record.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
As someone that fell in love with Daft Punk with Discovery this isn't what I really wanted from them tbh, it's too laid back, problem for me is if your moving into this genre then I'd much prefer to stick on one of many OM Lounge CD's and chill properly.

I stopped checking the threads on GAF to avoid hyping myself too much. I didn't read any reviews, nothing. Just went to the music store today, bought the album, and I'm halfway through it. Apart from Giorgio by Moroder everything is garbage; it fails both as a disco album and as a classic Daft Punk album.

I'm still listening to it as I type but I'm truly disappointed. Knowing GAF though, I imagine all these 100 pages have been pure praise. RAM is all over the place, what an underwhelming record.

We must have similar tastes as 'Giorgio by Moroder' is the only track I really liked also :)

Cipherr

Man Get Lucky really isn't going to get a lot of listens out of me. I think the rest of the album is mostly much better than it.

Giorgo by moroder is the only track on the album that sounds like trash honestly.

Everything else is great

Different strokes for different folks I suppose

Shaneus

There have been a few shining stars in this thread, but you're mostly correct on your last point ;(

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

UemPZtx.png

should go back and read those pages son.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
As someone that fell in love with Daft Punk with Discovery this isn't what I really wanted from them tbh, it's too laid back, problem for me is if your moving into this genre then I'd much prefer to stick on one of many OM Lounge CD's and chill properly.

We must have similar tastes as 'Giorgio by Moroder' is the only track I really liked also :)

I gotta say though, the 2nd half is surprisingly better. Beyond, Motherboard, and Fragments of Time are much better quality than everything else, it shows. Doin' it Right is okay but it sounds like a Panda Bear song, not really Daft Punk. Contact...eh didn't blow me away.

I knew this was gonna be no Homework or Discovery but coming from Daft I expected something better.

Top Bottom