• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Wes

venison crêpe
1. Giorgio by Moroder
2. Fragments of Time
3. Lose Yourself to Dance
4. Give Life Back to Music
5. Get Lucky

Couple good songs, but I am overall disappointed.

Get Lucky is pretty okay, Contact had sweet-ass drums, and... well, I'd have to listen to it again to remember some other good stuff. I feel sad.

I'm glad the hype didn't get to me. I would have been very sore.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
so are some of you just not famliar with the popular music of the 1970s and early 80s?

this album is that. it's that with 201X production values and the advantage of being able to sift what was good and what was bad about 30 year old music. some of you are acting like this is the first time you've ever heard a drum kit and a bass guitar.
I can summarize your post for you

"entry-level pedestrian album"

stahp

So if you like this album then you must somehow have missed the works that influenced it. That is nonsense.

Symphonic

so are some of you just not famliar with the popular music of the 1970s and early 80s?

this album is that. it's that with 201X production values and the advantage of being able to sift what was good and what was bad about 30 year old music. some of you are acting like this is the first time you've ever heard a drum kit and a bass guitar.

ngbbs51255359f0b71.jpg

Just because we're enjoying it doesn't mean you have to treat us like we're idiots. If we're enjoying the album it's most likely BECAUSE we're aware of popular music of the 1970s and early 80s.

Instant Crush starts off with a great groove but the chords they used for the chorus are so corny and boring.

Doing it Right just doesn't go anywhere.

The rest of the album is pretty stellar though.

Give Life Back To Music and Contact are fantastic bookends to this album.

javac

Yeah I'm ashamed to say my dad loved the 70's and 80's music and I always shunned it because I wad soo cool yo. But few years ago I bought at iPod and didn't care what my friends listened to and started to experiment with music because I had my headphones on and no one would judge me and I've come to love this sound. My taste in music is more diverse then ever now. Fragments of time is a great track.

Jitters

Its paying tribute to music from that era. And that is what is so neat.

Yawnier

Banned
Just finished my first full playthrough, I would say that Giorgio, Contact, and Beyond are my favorite tracks. Give Life Back to Music and and Lose Yourself to Dance aren't bad either.

Overall great album though, only track I'm not overly big on is the second one (Game of Love).

Wynnebeck

Banned
Can we start hating or are you guys still defensive?

See and this is the attitude that ruins the whole listening experience. It honestly sounds like people listened to the album trying to find a reason to go, "Welp, I'm disappointed because of all the hype and it doesn't sound like Discovery/Homework. Bad album 3/10." Nobody is being defensive. It's a damn good album. Yes there are a few misses but the good outweighs the bad and we are enjoying it for what it is, and not trying to jump all over it for not being the 2nd fucking coming of Discovery.

I can summarize your post for you

"entry-level pedestrian album"

stahp

So if you like this album then you must somehow have missed the works that influenced it. That is nonsense.
it isn't really, but thanks for getting your hackles up because i'm not acting like this is the 2nd coming of Christ. the fact that just because you don't like the argument, or that it's been heard many times, doesn't mean it isn't valid. i'll continue to espouse my opinions, thanks.

so far the album has been decent, if not a little too slow for my tastes. i appreciate what they're doing on it, and i think it's great we can have a prog-funk album in 2013 that gains immediate relevance (if mostly because of the artists' legacy and not on it's musicality); but it's honestly not that novel or original. i don't think it gets a pass just because nobody's done this in 30 years (which i would argue Justice did with Audio, Video, Disco, except that was more prog-rock than funk).

anyone not putting motherboard in top 3 is insane, btw.

1 Touch
2 Get Lucky
3 2nd half of Giorgio By Moroder
4 Beyond
5 Fragments Of Time

Contact is really awesome but seems only as an album closer, don't imagine it'd be enjoyable in a different context (at least not the increasingly loud screeching at the end).

javac

Can we start hating or are you guys still defensive?

nothing to hate. It's a totally different type of soundtrack to normal daft punk. I'm glad tho. I really love it. If you don't that's cool its not for everyone but a lot of people seem to enjoy it. Its very funky.

DR2K

Banned
Wow heard a preview of it and want to remove it from my memories. Get Lucky was awesome why are the other tracks soo boring?

Danielsan

And now iTunes has a stream of the new The National album. This is a good day.

But now I can't choose between them D:
Easily one of the best albums of this year. It's an album that needs to grow on you though. Also it's such a melancholic album that I doubt that going from one to the other in a short span of time is a good idea.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Touch sounds like the most different song they've ever done. Love it.

They killed it, I just don't see how it can disappoint people unless your expectations were unrealistic.

This nothing like Justice's album that was just garbage.

jett

D-Member
I can understand people being disappointed if they were expecting Discovery 2.0 or " summer bangers" or whatever. Luckily for me I had a very open mind, although following the hype and collaborator videos really helped to make me understand more or less what DP was going for. I love what I got here.

Wow heard a preview of it and want to remove it from my memories. Get Lucky was awesome why are the other tracks soo boring?

raredaigofootage3u4c.gif

Just got done listening to the whole album. Giorgio by Moroder is probably my favorite right now but I loved the whole thing. They completely surpassed my expectations

Top Bottom