• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
saw this...

quucsFY.jpg

RoKKeR

Damn. It's been at #4 on the US charts all week. Never seen a pre-order album so high in the charts and stay there for so long.

Sooo the OP says May 17th for EU, so why are all the sites saying May 20th now? : ( are Aussies the only one getting it before Monday? Flying back to the UK tomorrow and man I really want RAM on my playlist

yogloo

***** - Top tier track. Would be in many of my playlists.
**** - Excellent track. Can listen to it again and again without getting bored.
*** - Good track. Like listening to it when it comes on, but wouldn't play it otherwise.
** - Nothing special. I could skip over this track.
* - Abysmal track. Why is this in here?

1. “Give Life Back to Music” (featuring Nile Rodgers) - *****
2. “The Game of Love” - **
3. “Giorgio by Moroder” (featuring Giorgio Moroder) - ****
4. “Within” (featuring Chilly Gonzales) - ***
5. “Instant Crush” (featuring Julian Casablancas) - *****
6. “Lose Yourself to Dance” (featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers) - ****
7. “Touch” (featuring Paul Williams) - ****
8. “Get Lucky” (featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers) -*****
9. “Beyond” - ****
10. “Motherboard” - ****
11. “Fragments of Time” (featuring Todd Edwards) - ****
12. “Doin’ It Right” (featuring Panda Bear) - ****
13. “Contact” (featuring DJ Falcon) - ****

I really like this album.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
I heard it was on Spotify AUS earlier, does that include EU? I'm in the states and Spotify shows the track list but has it blocked out with a bigass "WAIT TILL MAY 20TH lul" notice

Im in Sweden and im listening to it...
And it would be somehow strange to include AUS in EU.. hmm..
But at least in Sweden, its streamable as we speak.. assume it is good to go in the rest of EU as well.

Aurongel

Still really enjoying this album, I'm finding more to like on it than Homework and Tron. It seems like such a varied and soulful departure from their previous work minus a few standout singles to burn up the charts. I dig it.

polg

What does soulless even mean? Touch? Instant crush? The rest of the album? I swear some people just cannot have any opinions in the majority.

I think I'm entitled an opinion. I've followed Daft Punk for a while and have seen them live.

Music is like that. People think that liking/not liking one type of music is a right, but it's all about personal taste.

I never said that the album is bad, but just not my cup of tea.

The vocals on the songs you mentioned are, so lacking of emotion and bland.

My favourite song is Contact.

i'll just stick to other EDM or their old albums.

CRS

Wish the heads on the right were a little more transparent/faded.

Also, I didn't know they had Tobias Funke as a guest.

Keio

For a Finer World
Got my preorder and even though the stream was ok, I do claim this album benefits from the better sound quality of a higher bit rate.

Great album.

Can someone please explain to me why people seem to like Lose Yourself to Dance so much? I'm not shitting on people that like it, I'm just genuinely curious as to what makes it so good. I really can't stand Pharrell's singing on it, it seems way too falsetto.

Top Bottom