• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Nope.

Nope.

People are gonna hear Daft Punk beats on that album, so I'm sure it'll still be somewhat relevant. ;)

The new Drake album sounds pretty awful so far though. I'm surprised you haven't brought that up.

ioqAanGT9qCOI.gif

Timbaland produced a better album, it scored better in the whip test

And I didn't bring up the Drake album because that goes without saying ;)

While I don't think it's as good as Discovery, RAM definitely is that kind of the more I listen to it, the more i realize how good it is album.

RoKKeR

Man, I LOVE Vampire Weekend, but I'm only sort of a casual fan of Daft Punk and yet...

...I like RAM much, much more than Modern Vampires. Completely unexpected, and doesn't mean that Modern Vampires is bad (Everlasting Arms, Unbelievers, Diane Young and Ya Hey are awesome) but RAM is one of those albums I can just keep listening to on repeat over and over and over and not want to skip any songs, something I can't really say for MVOC.

Totally, totally agreed. Well stated.

This popped up in my Twitter feed:
“It’s not actually a disco album per se.” On Daft Punk (2013)

Guy just comes off sounding offended that people didn't like the album.

That's what happens when people live in the hype bubble and it gets popped when it's actually released.

Basically what he says "people aren't listening to it right". But his idea of releasing the vinyl version 1 week ahead is good idea.

And he had the nerve to compare Madonna's masterpiece Confessions on a Dance Floor to this album, lol

Shaneus

And he had the nerve to compare Madonna's masterpiece Confessions on a Dance Floor to this album, lol
I didn't read that far into it, I just saw a couple of things and 100% of what I saw was just the sound of a guy telling everyone else they're wrong.

BTW Speaking of that album, Jacques Lu Cont/Stuart Price (who produced that) also produced the soon-to-be-released (about a month away?) latest Pet Shop Boys album. The lead single, Axis, is a corker.

Cobano

Neo Member
So I've been listening to the album for a few days now and I love it. The stand out song is no doubt Giorgio by Moroder, it's excellent, the end is insanely good. Even songs that I started out not really feeling are now great like Instant Crush. The only two songs that I'm not too fond of are Within and Motherboard.

I didn't read that far into it, I just saw a couple of things and 100% of what I saw was just the sound of a guy telling everyone else they're wrong.

BTW Speaking of that album, Jacques Lu Cont/Stuart Price (who produced that) also produced the soon-to-be-released (about a month away?) latest Pet Shop Boys album. The lead single, Axis, is a corker.

Thanks for mentioning that, going to have to check for that album, July 15

So I've been listening to the album for a few days now and I love it. The stand out song is no doubt Giorgio by Moroder, it's excellent, the end is insanely good. Even songs that I started out not really feeling are now great like Instant Crush. The only two songs that I'm not too fond of are Within and Motherboard.
I find it ironic how DP makes an album with "real" lyrics while Pet shop throws out a single with a bunch of words that could have been a DP lyric. But the music is still so PSB, thankfully.

Cobano

Neo Member
I find it ironic how DP makes an album with "real" lyrics while Pet shop throws out a single with a bunch of words that could have been a DP lyric. But the music is still so PSB, thankfully.

Yeah but the three best tracks on this album are the ones with no lyrics still, Giorgio by Moroder, Beyond (well does have some lyrics) and Contact.

Reclaimer

Is there somewhere I can order an uncompressed digital download?

Most of the music I've been listening to lately has either raw FLAC or WAV files to download... But I can't seem to find it for RAM.

Thanks, Axis is great.

Yeah but the three best tracks on this album are the ones with no lyrics still, Giorgio by Moroder, Beyond (well does have some lyrics) and Contact.

Not agreeing on the song choices but I see your point. I guess Im more annoyed with how incredibly perfect Axis would be with a cheesy love PSB lyric.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just watched Phantom of the Paradise for the first time...

....yeah, that was something. Lots of cool images, very Rocky Horror (I think this came first though). Paul Williams was a badass as Swan.

Cmagus

Can't stop listening to this album it is so good. You can really tell they had fun making this and same with the collaborators. Where collaboration is pretty common today this feels like more than just come sing on my track. You can tell each track they brought these artists on and let them kind of run wild and do what they do best but still keep that Daft Punk feel and it really shines because of it. Can really tell that the collaborators had fun with this album.

All the songs are so good although Within I just can't get into for some reason it just doesn't have that upbeat feel the rest of the album has. It's funny because I do have my favourites but keep finding myself randomly having songs that I just have to listen to or kind of mumble to myself when I am cooking or something lol. So glad they made this album completely worth the wait imo and I am kind of glad they went this route with the album and not a full EDM album.

Now if only iTunes would hurry their asses up I will be happy.Also ordered a copy of Interstella 5555 on blu-ray to go along with my DVD copy can't wait for it to get here.

Foxix Von

Sadly, I don't share the love that GAF does for this album; I was bored beyond belief by it. The auto tune vocals and similar, repetitive production just didn't do it for me. The only song I cared for other than Get Lucky was Motherboard; everything else was meh. I don't like this new style for Daft Punk.

I'm too groggy to recall this early in the morning but what song has auto tune? I can't remember any off the top of my head right now.

EDIT: Wait, are you talking about the vocoder effects?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm not the biggest Daft Punk fan, but I've been listening to the songs all day and I'm really starting to love this album. 'Touch' in particular is simply amazing, chills all over. Giorgio by Moroder is another standout. Get Lucky felt like a lackluster single, but it has gotten better with each listen.

My dad (53) was telling me how he really liked the music I kept playing recently on the PC
So I ordered another RAM CD for his car
Feels good :)

Just saw this in the paper/slickdeals

Best Buy: Daft Punk Random Access Memories CD $7.99 (after $2 online code or printable coupon) online and instore
Daft Punk Random Access Memories CD for $7.99 after using promotional code DAFTPUNKSAVE2BBY at checkout. CD releases 5/21.

Code is active online starting May 19th and you can also buy the CD instore with printable coupon located at facebook.com/Bestbuy
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Random+...d=8927188&st=random access memories&lp=1&cp=1

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
CD - $9.99

VINYL - $33.99

I know vinyl's not as popular, but come on.

Get'sMad

CD - $9.99

VINYL - $33.99

I know vinyl's not as popular, but come on.

yeah..probably columbias doing. I was actually seeing it listed for $40(!). I know its a double vinyl and has a big booklet but thats still too much $$. I think I paid like $16 bucks for that chromatics lp last year which was a double colored vinyl with a foil embossed cover.

also RIP Romanthony :(

I'm too groggy to recall this early in the morning but what song has auto tune? I can't remember any off the top of my head right now.

EDIT: Wait, are you talking about the vocoder effects?
Yeah; I know it's not the same as auto tune, but it has the same effect to me.

IceCold

Is it just me or have they've been selling a lot of vinyls for this album? Does this usually happen with other popular albums?

Get'sMad

you're getting what you paid for though. 180g weighted vinyl, tape master, heavy stock construction.

i dunno thats still too much imo...there are a ton of indies that put out presses/sleeves of that quality for much lower prices.

it still has nothing on the massive rip that was the mbv vinyl which had probably the cheapest, shittiest sleeve of any record I've ever owned (though the wax itself did sound great to be fair).

Top Bottom