• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Community Help Thread | Both humans and hollow are welcome!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Deadstar said:
So I just killed the
moth boss
and now I went to the top of the tower to find a
stone blacksmith. How do I wake him from his slumber? Also, who can create divine weapons? I have the divine ember now and I am playing a faith build. Also, where can I get more faith spells? I've had the same three for the last 20 hours.

The blacksmith by the church (garg bosses) can create divine weapons. Too bad I killed him.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
How is movement speed determined?

How is attack speed determined?

How do you fight the stone golems in Darkroot Basin? How do you get around that slomo/no-roll spell they cast?

bistromathics said:
How do you fight the stone golems in Darkroot Basin? How do you get around that slomo/no-roll spell they cast?

Switch to 2H ---> dead golem. You will be able to get at least 3-4 attacks.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
odin toelust said:
why??? Did you get the crest?

Total accident :\

But yeah, he drops the crest :) So, I guess, if you want the crest easy and cheap and are willing to live with the consequences, kill him. I wish I hadn't but what's done is done. He also gave me a sweet hammer.

Zeliard

bistromathics said:
How is movement speed determined?

Equip burden

<25%, <50%, etc

bistromathics said:
How is attack speed determined?

Primarily the weapon type but your STR rating can also affect it at certain thresholds.

bistromathics said:

You can block everything they throw with a 100% phys def shield if you keep your stamina in check. Just keep circling them and most of their shots should miss you; block the ones that don't. And just keep attacking when you have an opening.

The slow-down reduces your movement speed but not your attack speed. It wears off after about 15 seconds or so. It feels a lot more dangerous than it actually is. Once you know you can block everything they throw those fights are easy.

Raxus

Raxus said:
I just got past sen's fortress after FINALLY beating the boss. I realize the heater shield will no longer cut it and I need a better shield. What should I do/get?
Help, please.

I could use a nice suit or new armor too since I am about to start leveling my endurance again.

Zeliard

SpokkX said:
Hmm where is he?

Bridge across from the Undead Parish church.

Raxus said:
Help, please.

I could use a nice suit or new armor too since I am about to start leveling my endurance again.

Go for the Eagle Shield in Blighttown. Very good shield even without upgrades.

ManeKast

So, I have been using backup to defeat a few of the bosses. I kind of feel like I am missing out on some of the challenge. Is there anything major you miss out on from using summons to help?

cj_iwakura

ManeKast said:
So, I have been using backup to defeat a few of the bosses. I kind of feel like I am missing out on some of the challenge. Is there anything major you miss out on from using summons to help?

Not at all, except for occasionally not getting to use the NPC summons.

Raxus said:
Help, please.

You should get the stone armor behind the door in Darkroot.

Where is the dark ember located? And which blacksmith uses it? I want to make occult weapons.

Deadstar

Septimius said:
He'll stay dead. Give it to Andrei (Undead Parish)

Thanks! I also got a key, I think it was key to the watchtower basement? I may have already opened that door but I can't remember what the watchtower is. I have the master key already.

What do you guys think is a good weapon to upgrade into divine? I like my halberd but I'm wondering if something better will come along.

*sigh* I'm pretty crap at this game. I haven't been able to beat the mino boss yet, and just generally get into all kinds of trouble.

I'm thinking of creating a new character. What's the best way to get a leg up early on? Character class, starting item etc?

Poimandres said:
*sigh* I'm pretty crap at this game. I haven't been able to beat the mino boss yet, and just generally get into all kinds of trouble.

I'm thinking of creating a new character. What's the best way to get a leg up early on? Character class, starting item etc?
I found bandit pretty good to start with. I got the Master Key as a gift.

Poimandres said:

Pyromancer is a good starter class. Master Key is a good gift because you can get some nice items early.

Such as gold pine resin. You get it before Taurus. Kill the archers slap that on your weapon creep up the bridge till you see him and run back to the ladder do the drop attack and you'll take a huge chunk of his life in one hit. Then just toss black firebombs at him or keep hitting him with your electro weapon since he's super weak too it.

Orayn

lemonlyman said:
Is there any way to switch "block" from the left bumper to the left trigger on the 360 version?
Not yet. We should really start a Twitter campaign asking Namco-Bandai and FROM to add it in a future patch...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
a very cheap thing do to for starting people is to get the master key and get astora's straight sword, its quite overpowered at the start.

with that weapon i killied Taurus Demon in 3 hits, 1 jump from above and 2 normal attacks.

im still not sure what weapon to use later in game, im around second bell, i know the astora's sword is cheap to use in catacombs. but for a proper decent weapon what is a good upgrade path to go on a longsword or any form of a sword ?

ashley678 said:
a very cheap thing do to for starting people is to get the master key and get astora's straight sword, its quite overpowered at the start.

with that weapon i killied Taurus Demon in 3 hits, 1 jump from above and 2 normal attacks.

im still not sure what weapon to use later in game, im around second bell, i know the astora's sword is cheap to use in catacombs. but for a proper decent weapon what is a good upgrade path to go on a longsword or any form of a sword ?

What stats are you focusing on?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
TigerUppercut said:
What stats are you focusing on?

Strength, Endurance, Vitality and Dexterity mostly, first 3 more than Dexterity tho

ashley678 said:

So... where does one get astora's straight sword? Sounds appealing!

Poimandres said:
So... where does one get astora's straight sword? Sounds appealing!

If you have the master key go from firelink down to the new londo ruins turn right go up the stairs and unlock the door to the valley of drakes. Cross the bridge there take a left and go pick it up and a nice shield as well.

You need 14 faith to use it though.

Guevara

I feel like focusing on STR, END and DEX makes sense in the early part of the game, but toward the end game and PvP you pay for not having more INT and Faith.

Seems like the best weapons all scale with INT and/or Faith.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Guevara said:
I feel like focusing on STR, END and DEX makes sense in the early part of the game, but toward the end game and PvP you pay for not having more INT and Faith.

Seems like the best weapons all scale with INT and/or Faith.

what sort weapons scale with INT/Faith. Feel free to tag the names if you want.
im not really interested much in pvp im here mostly for the campaign and the endless deaths an fun lol

thanks Tiger.

Can the Cat Covenant Ring summon you no matter where you are, or only in the forest? I've only been summoned to invade twice, and both times I was wandering the forest.

I'm currently in
Blight Town
, and I'm starting to struggle a little bit, so I want to go on a grind spree for a while, where would be the best place to do this after I have got back to the surface? I sort of want to get enough strength to use the axe I got from
Gaping Dragon
, will probably take way too long at this point as my strength is currently 20 heh.

BLagiver

Banned
I cant seem to get the option to make my +10 weapon into a element weapon. What do I have to do or what blacksmith do I need to go to to add elemental properties to my weapons?

Charmicarmicat said:
I'm currently in
Blight Town
, and I'm starting to struggle a little bit, so I want to go on a grind spree for a while, where would be the best place to do this after I have got back to the surface? I sort of want to get enough strength to use the axe I got from
Gaping Dragon
, will probably take way too long at this point as my strength is currently 20 heh.

The best grinding spot in the entire game is behind the door in Darkroot Garden that you need 20000 souls to open.

Speevy

Banned
TigerUppercut said:
The best grinding spot in the entire game is behind the door in Darkroot Garden that you need 20000 souls to open.

The guys behind that door murder you if you're not powerful enough, right?

A
nor
L
ondo
question:
I'm in the church going through the rafters with the white ninjas. At the end of the rafters and down the ladder to the Fog Gate, there is a staircase to the right. It looks like a dead end but someone left a message saying illusory wall. It doesn't disappear if I attack it so I'm guessing its a troll message? Is it really just a dead end?

The enemies are strong but you can draw the mage out by himself with an arrow and he drops 2000 souls and is easy enough to kill.

Or you could use the pathing exploit and get 7000 souls every two minutes.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Zoe said:
Did they remove the ability to switch lock-on targets?
Tap the right stick twice in the direction of the enemy you want to target. It doesn't always work though.

Zeliard

xxracerxx said:
Tap the right stick twice in the direction of the enemy you want to target. It doesn't always work though.

You should only have to tap once. Just make sure you don't hold it. It can be funky about changing targets if one is on the edge of the screen.

dyergram

Im stuck on the gaping demon I keep nearly killing him but some dirty bastard keeps hitting me with soul arrows. I'v watched a few walk through's but said dirty bastard isn't present in them am I missing something?

Zzoram

dyergram said:
Im stuck on the gaping demon I keep nearly killing him but some dirty bastard keeps hitting me with soul arrows. I'v watched a few walk through's but said dirty bastard isn't present in them am I missing something?

He's a miniboss mage you can kill when going through the sewers. He's got 4 large rats with him. You must've just missed that area when going down the sewers.

If you kill him, he won't respawn.

Mafro

dyergram said:
The same thing happened to me the first time I fought that boss. He's high up on a balcony along with a few of those big rats, can't remember the route to it exactly but it's near the bonfire.

Zoe

xxracerxx said:

Zeliard said:
You should only have to tap once. Just make sure you don't hold it. It can be funky about changing targets if one is on the edge of the screen.

I wonder if they changed the sensitivity since DS cause I couldn't get it to work at all when I was trying :\

dyergram

Zzoram said:
He's a miniboss mage you can kill when going through the sewers. He's got 4 large rats with him. You must've just missed that area when going down the sewers.

If you kill him, he won't respawn.

Thanks kilt him now.

Top Bottom