• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Community Help Thread | Both humans and hollow are welcome!

Stampy

TTP said:
You should check were you dropped from, not to. Did you jump down from the second floor? Check there.

I checked everything... :/ I dropped from the highest top where the crow is down to the middle of the water. I have tried searching everywhere, even looked through the whole graveyard. This is such a turn off from playing the game. Five hours down the drain completely. Sigh :(

darkwing

Stampy said:
Please can anyone help me. I had a large stash of souls and humanity and I have dropped down from the place where crow leaves you after you come back from revisiting unded asylum. I have dropped down to the pool in the middle, but after I came back to life, there was no green bubbles to recollect my souls and humanity. Arghhhhh!!! :( Can anyone experiment or no maybe where i can look to find them? :/
you mean you fell off the nest? happened to me too, I think mine was in the nest

I assume it doesn't matter that I said no to the NPC you meet in the lake after the hydra fight if I'm a melee faith build? And is the large door past the mushroom people in the forest the
wolf fight
and does it affect anything with the forest covenant?

Stampy

Stampy said:
I checked everything... :/ I dropped from the highest top where the crow is down to the middle of the water. I have tried searching everywhere, even looked through the whole graveyard. This is such a turn off from playing the game. Five hours down the drain completely. Sigh :(

YES!!! I have found them. Apparently the crow took the liberty to take those souls to the undead asylum. I can't believe what a lucky thing this was. The bubbles weren't even visible. I was just trying to go there for the slightest chance chance they might be there and then after seeing nothing, I went to the nest to return to the firelink shrine and instead i got the message that i have recovered souls...

darkwing said:
you mean you fell off the nest? happened to me too, I think mine was in the nest

:) And I have found this after 2 hours of searching every nook and cranky in the area. :/

Anyone want me to help them beat the two assholes in arno londo?? i'll be there helping people before i do it myself.. if you guys wish i can keep putting the sign down so it enters different servers until you see it..

I'm johnny2bags

corrosivefrost said:
ground level with swamp.
If you want to talk to him and are at the bonfire down there, exit the tunnel and hug the right wall... after you kill the second bug, you should be at the ramp up to the waterwheel (I think it's a ramp... maybe a ladder)... anyway, he's right there against the wall next to a square door like opening with the ninja on the reverse side.

Thanks again man, I had to be a member of his covenant to get him to spawn - you know, with his low prices, I'm certain that he was making a killing... I know I was.

Heh heh heh heh.

Zakkath

Am I the only one having trouble getting summoned ? I think I've been able to join someone twice since release. Every other time I leave my mark on the ground, I never get summoned. I just finished the Depths (Gaping Demon). I haven't been able to join a game since Undead Parish.

Zakkath said:
Am I the only one having trouble getting summoned ? I think I've been able to join someone twice since release. Every other time I leave my mark on the ground, I never get summoned. I just finished the Depths (Gaping Demon). I haven't been able to join a game since Undead Parish.

If you're a too high level for your area it's far less likely you'll get summoned. To be summoned you have to be + or - 10% of the other persons level.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mindman said:
I seriously can't beat the Taurus Demon. :( He hits me, I'm stunned, can't move, and he hits me again. Within 3 hits, I'm dead.

I'm level 14 pyromancer. Any tips/suggestions? I've tried the suggestions in the OP. So close, but so far away..
Here's how I beat him:

1) Enter the white light, go up the ladder to the right of the entrance to kill the two skeletons.

2) Walk across the wall until Taurus spawns, and then run back to the ladder.

3) Climb up the ladder. He should already be below. Drop and do a plunging attack.

4) Keep your shield up, and begin peppering him fire spells (or in my case, fire bombs as I play a Knight).

5) If you must circle around him to make some distance, don't use the outside wall, since there are holes, and he's more than happy to bash you through one of them.

Maleficence said:
If you're a too high level for your area it's far less likely you'll get summoned. To be summoned you have to be + or - 10% of the other persons level.

What level have you guys taken on Arno Londo with?? I'm about 55? due to having to bump endurance to wear random armors

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Big question:

Am leaving on holiday for a week from tomorrow evening, don't think I can go cold turkey from this game that long. How can I transfer my save?

I assume its locked for copying, but does it work with that PSN+ Cloud stuff, and if so whats involved/any time delays?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pie and Beans said:
Big question:

Am leaving on holiday for a week from tomorrow evening, don't think I can go cold turkey from this game that long. How can I transfer my save?

I assume its locked for copying, but does it work with that PSN+ Cloud stuff, and if so whats involved/any time delays?
It's locked for copying? Son of a bitch. I wanted to play on my roommate's PS3 over the weekend since his is in front of the couch and he's away for the weekend.

fuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

Zakkath

Maleficence said:

I'm lev 24ish and starting Blighttown. I doubt I'm too high...

thetrin said:
3) Climb up the ladder. He should already be below. Drop and do a plunging attack.

Now, thats something I'd like to know how to do. I've tried attacking enemies from above a few times, but couldn't pull it off.

KorrZ

Where do I find
Havel's Armor
? I've heard it's in Anor Londo but I haven't seen it anywhere there.

Mindman said:
I seriously can't beat the Taurus Demon. :( He hits me, I'm stunned, can't move, and he hits me again. Within 3 hits, I'm dead.

I'm level 14 pyromancer. Any tips/suggestions? I've tried the suggestions in the OP. So close, but so far away..

Honestly, when I tried to get cute and beat him (sniping with arrows, plunging attacks) I could never make it happen. What ended up working is just being really patient. Stay out of the way when he attacks, roll in, slash quickly once or twice (scimitar for me) and then quickly roll back away from him. Do not get greedy and try to get more damage, just hit and run. I would continually give ground on the battlements, then when I started to run out of room I would skip one attack cycle to roll past him and start the process over again from the other side. Cleared him the first time like that, and I'm not that good at this game, just stay patient.

Jonsoncao

Banned
How do I get to the other side of the castle where you fought the Moonlight Butterfly and got the key?

There is an item lying on the cliff of the lower basin of it.

Raw64life

Still having trouble wrapping my head around weapon ascension. I'm trying to get a lightning Claymore. There's 0 in the guide about explaining how to do it. I read that you need a +5 weapon to do fire and a +10 weapon to do lightning, so I upgraded it to +5 and went to the blacksmith between the parish and the garden and......nothing. Upgraded to +10, same result. Every time he's asked for an ember I've given it to him. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

TheBear

What's the next best sword to use after the Drakesword, via upgrades or otherwise?
I currently have some titanite, divine ember, and some gold resin.

blackflag

Raw64life said:
Still having trouble wrapping my head around weapon ascension. I'm trying to get a lightning Claymore. There's 0 in the guide about explaining how to do it. I read that you need a +5 weapon to do fire and a +10 weapon to do lightning, so I upgraded it to +5 and went to the blacksmith between the parish and the garden and......nothing. Upgraded to +10, same result. Every time he's asked for an ember I've given it to him. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

The blacksmith that does lightning is later in the game.

I chose the Old Witch Ring as my gift, is it even known if it does something in the entire game? I don't even want to know the details, just if it does something.

Odrion

Banned
So I said
No to that prick wolfcat thing in the Forest who was dissing my awesome journey, and I found out later that by joining them I unlock a special vendor. The cat doesn't seem to want to talk to me anymore. Anyway I can join the Forest Covenant after saying "No"?

Risk Breaker said:
I chose the Old Witch Ring as my gift, is it even known if it does something in the entire game? I don't even want to know the details, just if it does something.
It does something.

If you want to know specifically what:
It allows you to speak to a certain character. I don't know the benefits of this, though... since I don't have the ring for myself. Don't know if it has any other uses.

Odrion said:
So I said
No to that prick wolfcat thing in the Forest who was dissing my awesome journey, and I found out later that by joining them I unlock a special vendor. The cat doesn't seem to want to talk to me anymore. Anyway I can join the Forest Covenant after saying "No"?

Go to the church with the first bell and pay the dude there 2000x your SL to absolve your sins.

we.are.the.armada said:
I hit them like regular enemies, only issue is that you cannot target them. Also, if he dies by falling, be sure to quit to the title and reload you game in order to get the drops.

As for Shiva, by ground level you mean the swamp level? Or the level that has the gray stone doorway adjacent to the water wheel (with the red wolves in it)? Thanks man!

She definitely died by falling, and I did a quick exit/reload, but I can't find her drop... :(

--

If I'm in the sunlight covenant, and I switch covenant's to nito's, can I still rejoin the sunlight covenant by praying to the altar with my faith reduction from helping people beat bosses?

Barakov

Risk Breaker said:

It does something.
It allows you to talk to the daughter of chaos. The second spider lady. I think she's a pyromancer trainer.

Jonsoncao said:
How do I get to the other side of the castle where you fought the Moonlight Butterfly and got the key?

There is an item lying on the cliff of the lower basin of it.
I'm not positive if this is the same item but
from the bonfire at the 20k gate go into the open space that leads to the staircase going to the butterfly, but when you enter the space go to the right. There will be a big tree (an actual tree not a cuddle-time one) blocking a narrow path in the rock; if you are following the wall it will be well before you get to any of the sleeping giants. Attack the tree, go through, kill a frog-thing, kill another tree, and you'll enter an open space. Follow the right side of the wall and you'll find a tunnel leading into the rock, go up that and it takes you to the alcove with the item, which is the Wolf Ring. Watch out for the sleeping giants on the way, I think you're forced to fight a couple

ukas

Pie and Beans said:
Big question:

24hrs

If anyone wants to grind leeches, wear the rusted ring and the serpant ring, on average i was getting 3 large titanite shards, 5 green titanite a run and ~2k souls. Takes like 5 mins to kill them all. If you have 18 points in faith, i suggest putting on homeward that way you cut back the time it takes to run back :)

Risk Breaker said:

Yes

What the hell, I just got vaulted off the waterwheel trying to go back down to blighttown... i had no problems the first time -- any sure fire tips for riding it down?

Also, what boss are people normally needing help with in the high 30s to low 40s range...?

Anyone know how many firekeeper souls you can get/use in one game? I just got my
fourth

If it involves killing npcs I aint doing it.

timmy

Thanks for all of the great info, guys. This is an awesome thread.

I just defeated the
bell gargoyles
. What's the best area to head to next?

timmy said:
Thanks for all of the great info, guys. This is an awesome thread.

I just defeated the
bell gargoyles
. What's the best area to head to next?

Capra Demon hell. ;)

The door you want is back by where you met Solaire and got the white soapstone (the opposite end of the bridge with the Hellkite (red dragon) on it. You now should have the basement key to that lock and you can proceed down to lower undead parish/burg.

corrosivefrost said:
What the hell, I just got vaulted off the waterwheel trying to go back down to blighttown... i had no problems the first time -- any sure fire tips for riding it down?

Also, what boss are people normally needing help with in the high 30s to low 40s range...?

My experience says gaping dragon and blighttown. I was lvl 42 in blight town today and in 2 hours i was summoned 8 times while grinding. Successfully beat the boss 6 times ;)

I've also had quite a few summons in the past when i was around lvl 36 in the Depths farming Frogs and rats. Would get a summon once every 2 or 3 runs

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
which is better for Strength, Dexterity, Endurance and Faith build. going direct too +10 on a weapon or looking to going magic/ enhanced or anything,

really want guidelines on what to do now

Top Bottom