• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Community Help Thread | Both humans and hollow are welcome!

njean777

TheVampire said:
I give up on this game its too hard.
Those damn bell gargoyles are raping my pyromancer....

I SEND YOU BACK TO HELL!!!!!!!!
(ebgames)

Become human and summon the knight that helps you in the battle.

IrishNinja said:
oh, so he's one of the transparent guys in the farming part? same stretch of the forest, or after that? i gotta make sure i dont lose that guy, my DEX build needs that bow.

i never saw these item drop guys in the forest and i've been through there quite a few times. this game is a buggy mess sometimes.

Zeliard

Augemitbutter said:
i never saw these item drop guys in the forest and i've been through there quite a few times. this game is a buggy mess sometimes.

Past the crest? Despite being semi-invisible they're pretty hard to miss since they attack you on sight. :p

So I killed
Queelag
, despite the NPC's aggressive uselessness, went you-know-where and got killed, whatev I'll come back. So now I'm trying to get out of
blighttown
. Is there a better way than all the way back up and out? I actually went, but the stupid fucking
dogs
killed me at the last minute. What are my options?

Kyoufu

IrishNinja said:
oh, so he's one of the transparent guys in the farming part? same stretch of the forest, or after that? i gotta make sure i dont lose that guy, my DEX build needs that bow.

Where the covenant is, head right. Keep going right til you see it. It might be better to join the covenant (which makes the humanoids friendly) then you can plot your assassination without it randomly falling off a cliff on aggro.

sixghost

Conciliator said:
So I killed
Queelag
, despite the NPC's aggressive uselessness, went you-know-where and got killed, whatev I'll come back. So now I'm trying to get out of
blighttown
. Is there a better way than all the way back up and out? I actually went, but the stupid fucking
dogs
killed me at the last minute. What are my options?
Take the waterwheel up. Climb 4 or 5 ladders upwards. Use the exit near this area and head to the entrance to New Londo which is right across the gorge. Take the lift up to Firelink.

IrishNinja

Kyoufu said:
Where the covenant is, head right. Keep going right til you see it. It might be better to join the covenant (which makes the humanoids friendly) then you can plot your assassination without it randomly falling off a cliff on aggro.

that's not a bad idea, thanks man - will i fuck things up with the covenant for killing him? if so, is it easily fixed? i so gotta look this stuff up.

Zeliard

Augemitbutter said:
yes, and if i killed them, they didn't drop anything.

They're pretty distinctive enemies; you should probably know if you killed them or not. They also don't respawn except for the Thief guy. The archer has a 100% drop rate for her bow, but she can fall over the edge. If you used the forest glitch to send them over a cliff then you're out of luck since they don't come back.

Zeliard said:
They're pretty distinctive enemies; you should probably know if you killed them or not. They also don't respawn except for the Thief guy. The archer has a 100% drop rate for her bow, but she can fall over the edge. If you used the forest glitch to send them over a cliff then you're out of luck since they don't come back.

i fought them all properly my first time in there, only some knight dodged to his death (and never again respawned), i wasn't trying to glitch them. i might have died to the girl with the bow? but never saw her again. i seriously don't know what happened.

Mindlog

TheVampire said:
I give up on this game its too hard.
Those damn bell gargoyles are raping my pyromancer....

I SEND YOU BACK TO HELL!!!!!!!!
(ebgames)
This happened to me as well until...
Stay patient and locked on. As long as you have a good shield up you won't get hurt.
Spam fire bombs. Buy 18-30 from the merchant you meet.

As long as you keep your shield up and spam fire bombs it's really really easy. That boss annoyed the hell out of me. I died the first time because well that was bound to happen. The second fight I got the axe easily, but died again. Then I became human and summoned the knight. I was winning easily, but fell off the roof. Finally I just got some souls and purchased 18-30 fire bombs. It was a stupid easy victory.

I got so frustrated that the fight was so easy I camped the entrance with my white soapstone. I helped at least 5 other people kill those stupid gargoyles. I can do it easily with my drake sword now.

Zeliard

Augemitbutter said:
i fought them all properly my first time in there, only some knight dodged to his death (and never again respawned), i wasn't trying to glitch them. i might have died to the girl with the bow? but never saw her again. i seriously don't know what happened.

She very possibly could have fallen off. That happens to a lot of people, myself included, since she likes to stick around the edge of a cliff. Probably happens a lot to melee players; it's advisable to take her out long-range. If you try to go up and melee her that's when she likes to back away to get distance, and can fall off.

Badgerst3

njean777 said:
Become human and summon the knight that helps you in the battle.

Or become human and look for players who have put down their summon signs near the ladder.

I did it with 2 others and was cake-after getting waxed solo.

Did same with butterfly boss.

When in doubt for boss battles-save a humanity point to be human and summon others. Takes repeated frustrations away after solo attempts.n

Just wish humanity was not so hard to come by (still in first 1/3 of game.)

Patryn

Anor Londo:
So any advice on the roof part with the spear demons and the archers launching fucking lances at you? I get all the way up to close to the right one, then every single time one of his lances knocks me off the edge...

Zeliard said:
Past the crest? Despite being semi-invisible they're pretty hard to miss since they attack you on sight. :p

The female bow user is kind of off in the back toward the section that spawns the plant-demons. She's hard to find... I was always confused when I'd get an arrow shot at me after killing the 4 that you normally farm.

Augemitbutter said:
yes, and if i killed them, they didn't drop anything.

The ones that respawn don't drop shit. Only the bow user who is transparent (not the thief), Shiba (would have been standing right next to the entrance to the building with Alvina), and his ninja bodyguard drop anything.

Patryn said:
Anor Londo:
So any advice on the roof part with the spear demons and the archers launching fucking lances at you? I get all the way up to close to the right one, then every single time one of his lances knocks me off the edge...

Get a longbow and some poison arrows.
Two poison arrows in the douche on the right and duck back behind the midpoint. He'll die in about 3 minutes... after that, hoss your ass up and dart to the corner fast as you can manage.

I supplemented this with ring of fog to help keep my visibility down.

UrbanRats

mjc said:
You know where the
butcher is right after you get into the depths? There's a hole right behind where he was in the wall that you drop down into. It puts you in the area with the giant rat, and there's a tunnel in the back left corner of the hall. Go down that and you'll run into the necromancer.
Thanks.
Stupid related question: how do i jump over the pits? Do i have to do the running jump or is a roll enough?
I'm gonna try tomorrow though, as i had enough Dark Souls for now, i need a break, lol (from Taurus Demon to the depths, in one long stretch).

UrbanRats said:
Thanks.
Stupid related question: how do i jump over the pits? Do i have to do the running jump or is a roll enough?
I'm gonna try tomorrow though, as i had enough Dark Souls for now, i need a break, lol (from Taurus Demon to the depths, in one long stretch).

Running jump. Rolls are hit and miss... if it's a big gap, run and jump. For the ones in the depths (near the curse frogs, for example, to get the evil eye ring), definitely run/jump.. that one you have to run before you enter the curving tunnel and jump as soon as you leave the curve and straighten out... clear out the frogs beforehand. ;)

DarkKyo

I have seriously tried every way to get out. Once you fall down one of the waterfalls in the depths there isn't anyway back up, I'm almost 100% convinced at this point. Not sure where you guys were talking about :/
I've been looking around all day

Dechaios said:
I have seriously tried every way to get out. Once you fall down one of the waterfalls in the depths there isn't anyway back up, I'm almost 100% convinced at this point. Not sure where you guys were talking about :/

Sure there is. I tried it once -- I believe it spits you out down by the curse frogs, give or take a little.
Can you find the vendor? If you can find the vendor, you can get out.

Yeah there definitely is a way out. You may actually have to fall down another hole, or slide down that diagonal waterfall, but there's a way out. You can actually just walk to the area you fall into from elsewhere.

Dechaios said:

It's really easy to find. You know where to boss it right? There's an entrance/doorway that leads from a sewer section into the boss area. If your backtracking from the boss its the first sewer you will get to. So head to the boss area, and then backtrack back, When you go through the entrance way and you're back in the sewers just go left, and on the same wall is another door that leads to a ladder that brings you back almost to the bonfire.

DarkKyo

weekend_warrior said:
No, you're not looking for a ladder, you're looking for the door, that door is on the same wall as the hallway that leads to the boss.
D'oh. Got it. I don't know how I didn't see this staircase after running through this room like 10 times. I feel so silly.

Thanks for the help gahs!

Dechaios said:
D'oh. Got it. I don't know how I didn't see this staircase after running through this room like 10 times. I feel so silly.

Thanks for the help gahs!

Glad you got it -- I farm that area so much for humanity and such, so I'm used to going from the bonfire down the stairs on the right, under the crates (moving passed the ladder) then down the big stairs into that room with 2 rats and 3 slimes, the merchant, path to blighttown and path to the boss. :)

When I finally jumped off the waterfall one time to see where it went I knew it popped me out in the middle of my route. :D

2AdEPT

Cant remember if i asked this here or not before......but I stll have no clue what the second two auxilary icons are for on the weapon stats pages. The white and black circles.....I know bleed and poison are obvious but the circles not so much.....I know that the astora sword gets 120 in the white circle and divine weapons get 110 in the black....but what is the effect? What do divine weapons get if anything besides stat bonus in faith? Do they increase health continuously like in DeS?

I even have the beautiful strategy guide and nothing on this at all.

HELP!

purg3

slept with Malkin
So, are the rats in the depths the best place to farm for humanity drops, I'm about to head to anor londo for the first time, and I want to try and stock up.

Kyoufu

purg3 said:
So, are the rats in the depths the best place to farm for humanity drops, I'm about to head to anor londo for the first time, and I want to try and stock up.

For now, yes. Hope you got the gold ring from Sen's Fortress.

purg3

slept with Malkin
ok, so almost 30min later, haven't had one drop yet...so yeah, not sure how much longer I should keep at this. At least I've been getting large shards though from those goo things.

Alright, so I rolled a Pyro and I'm still early in the game
rang the first bell, beat capra demon, going to tackle the Depth
. So far I've only put souls in Vit and End with a few odd points in Str and Dex to be able to wield the drake sword and the short bow.

I'm at a complete loss as to which weapon I should aim for (and therefore which stats I should increase). I hate playing with slow weapons. Any suggestion ?

Same thing with armour. I'm still rocking the starting pyro set (got the elite kight, leather and black leather sets though) because I want to be able to fast roll.

Finally, got a long bow and the game is telling me I can't use it (greyed out, at least in the left hand) although I do have the necessary strength and dex to use it. What gives ?

remz

I'm so lost in Blight Town hahahah. I'm near the big waterwheel thingy and dunno where the boss is at. I entered through the entrance in the depths and have found the lift to firelink on the other side, lol. But no boss!! SO LOST.

BaronLundi said:
Finally, got a long bow and the game is telling me I can't use it (greyed out, at least in the left hand) although I do have the necessary strength and dex to use it. What gives ?
I'm guessing that's because all characters in Dark Souls are right-handed.

Shake Appeal said:
I'm guessing that's because all characters in Dark Souls are right-handed.

A right handed person would hold a bow in his left hand and pull the string with his right hand :)

That being said, I've used a bow in both hands (I think). Maybe I'm mistaken.

Tokubetsu

Sotha Sil said:
Holy hell at that Capra Demon. He destroys me in two seconds, tops. Maybe fire bombs will do the trick?

No, you seriously run/roll/jump to the stairs as fast as you can. Don't even bother doing anything to the capra demon until you kill the dogs. They can fall you all the way up the steps and out onto that wooden thing but he can't/won't. While he attempts and fails at jump slashing you, kill the dogs when they come at you then drop attack the capra demon when he's under you to death.

darkwing

remz said:
I'm so lost in Blight Town hahahah. I'm near the big waterwheel thingy and dunno where the boss is at. I entered through the entrance in the depths and have found the lift to firelink on the other side, lol. But no boss!! SO LOST.
from the waterwheel, its east

Sotha Sil

Tokubetsu said:
No, you seriously run/roll/jump to the stairs as fast as you can. Don't even bother doing anything to the capra demon until you kill the dogs. They can fall you all the way up the steps and out onto that wooden thing but he can't/won't. While he attempts and fails at jump slashing you, kill the dogs when they come at you then drop attack the capra demon when he's under you to death.

Oh man, I tried to do that and I swear this motherfucker followed me up the stairs. I'm going to try again. Thanks :)

remz said:
Is it near the big round room? I walked through some fog there but still not boss, aye >_>

It's behind the three rock throwing guys. If you just go right from the bonfire in the swamp and hug the wall then you'll get there.

A really helpful guy was with me in the
Depths
, we slew a red phantom between us and he showed me all this helpful loot. Then he led me to the *BOSS*
Gaping Dragon
, where I promptly fell to my death after I panicked and started sprinting away from it. Thing is, I saw another larger fog gate in the
Depths
as well, is that the boss that I was actually supposed to fight? Not sure if the one I fought was meant for a SL19 player :/

Darklord

Banned
Just started the game. I picked pyromancy and had a few questions.

Are fireballs someone I should only use in extreme situations or will I have enough to use them now and again?

Secondly, what attributes would I level up?

Top Bottom