• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Community Help Thread | Both humans and hollow are welcome!

1stStrike

Banned
Nekrono said:
Can you not get the
Drake Sword
anymore? I've shot around 100 arrows to this
dragon's tail
and nothing!

Your dex isn't high enough, thus you're doing around 3 damage (maybe) with each hit instead of 23 - 30. Get your dex to 12, then proceed. It'll take around 30 - 40 arrows.

shiroryu

What's a good weapon/armor set and upgrade path for a sorc early on? I'm in Undead Parish right now, have the boar helmet from the miniboss, around SL11 I think. Also have the Drake Sword, but is it worth spending 4 points in STR to get there?

kyubajin

Reposting this from the community thread :p

Had a pretty intense session yesterday. Here are my impressions and experiences so far as a blind 1st runner, in case anyone cares :p

Bosses have been quite intense so far with only Gaping being the exception. I studied his moves and discovered he’s rather easy to fight. Killed it on the 3rd attempt. However he killed Solaire on a previous attempt... is he dead for sure?

Somewhat spoilerish:
My firelink bonfire is not available anymore as that damn bastard I freed earlier killed the poor fire keeper. I have this weird item that claims I can invade his world but I’m unable to use it.

Also I didn't know how fire keeper’s souls were used and consume one before realising there was a second and third floor under the bonfire area...

Made it to the sparkly moth boss (don't remember its name) but since I don't have any range at all it killed me... I still don't know where to buy arrows or bolts from.

Had to summon blue phatoms for Queelag, she was way too powerful for me :( only time I've used any help.

Made it to Sen's fortress and into the room where you can switch the direction of the boulder on my 1st try! Then died and it was hard to do it again... Until I finally made it to the Iron Giant and he 1 hit killed me :( and, since I didn't have a key for unlocking the shortcut, I gotta start from the Blacksmith bonfire :/

I've died WAY more times than I did in my 1st Demon's Souls run... Undead Parish and Blighttown ranking most of them.

I still don't know where to get ores other than standard titanite for modifying weapons with electricity, magic, divine, etc. So far I've only been able to make a Raw +3 Halberd which has served me very well so far and now also using a Lightning Spear I found.

I have the 1.03 patch yet I've experienced input lag, frame rate drops, etc. It feel a lot less polished than DS :_(

Styles

Roklie said:
I have halberd +10 and was wondering if I can make a fire halberd anymore, should i have stopped at +5?

Yep, all of the elemental modifications start at +5. I think you can revert back to +5 in the modifications menu.

Roklie

Another question regarding halberd, my dex is 12 and strength is 16, it scales with both of them right? Which one should I start leveling? And besides fire halberd are there better upgrading paths damage-wise? I'm so lost when it comes to upgrading weapons. :(

Labadal

I'm using a Longsword and plan on upgrading it. Can I rely on a Longsword for the entire game?

I reached what I think is the first blacksmith in the game. Where should I go from there? Darkroot Gardens?

Thanks in advance!

thundr51

Ok, my knight is at SL35 and i'm about to go through Blighttown. Should I try to level up more? (Vit-20,End-21,Str-21).

So far my strength is pretty high but my dex(14) is too low to use iaito. I've mostly been using drake sword/halberd+5 but would like to have something else. Would a lighting/fire weapon help in this area?

The_Monk

Hello Gaf, so I finally beat the
gaping dragon
Not even a trophy? Pffft...

Anyway, I went to Blighttown took down several stairs but it seems I'm needing something.

The
poison
is killing me, do I need a ring or something?

I just got the bottomless box too. How much for: ringing the second bell, get the item so I can go from firelink to firelink?

Any help regarding these and the above is much appreciated. It's dark, there's tiny things flying and the game does not like this world. Plus after I go several stairs there's some sort of
swam water that I soon I enter it's poisoned all over..

Give me some light's GAF, please. Thank you!

Ra1den

The_Monk said:
Hello Gaf, so I finally beat the
gaping dragon
Not even a trophy? Pffft...

Anyway, I went to Blighttown took down several stairs but it seems I'm needing something.

The
poison
is killing me, do I need a ring or something?

I just got the bottomless box too. How much for: ringing the second bell, get the item so I can go from firelink to firelink?

Any help regarding these and the above is much appreciated. It's dark, there's tiny things flying and the game does not like this world. Plus after I go several stairs there's some sort of
swam water that I soon I enter it's poisoned all over..

Give me some light's GAF, please. Thank you!

First order of business is to find the bonfire in the swamp. From where you initially drop down, run to the right, hugging the wall, and you will see it in a little structure thingy. As for the
poison
, just move from island to island before it takes effect, it is easier if you are wearing the shadow armor set which has resistance to it. After the bonfire, you may just want to make a beeline for the boss, on that mountain thing with all the stuff sticking out, further past the bonfire.

Help me Gaf! On my second play through and spoilers:
Finished Seath and fought both Logan and that lady in hallow form
but I cannot find this one armor set there. I have the guide, and it says the
Maiden set and white senace ring
should be in a cell, but I cannot find them. I gave up last time, but this time, I want that set, just because (mainly the ring...=p)

Any help?

(Answer two posts below...=p)

The_Monk

Ra1den said:
First order of business is to find the bonfire in the swamp. From where you initially drop down, run to the right, hugging the wall, and you will see it in a little structure thingy. As for the
poison
, just move from island to island before it takes effect, it is easier if you are wearing the shadow armor set which has resistance to it. After the bonfire, you may just want to make a beeline for the boss, on that mountain thing with all the stuff sticking out, further past the bonfire.

Thank you.

Before going down all of those stairs I lit the bonfire, yes. Is there another bonfire down there? I'll put the armor you talked about.

I will also try to go with some other people to help me there, I have no idea if I should be here in this area but I'm trying to proceed. I just hope to survive back down there if all those things flying, ugh!

Found it after my brother told me where to look! For those who want to know it's above the bonfire...which the 2D map in the guide doesn't clearly show...my error there. Thanks anyway.=p

ShaneB

Found the
Capra Demon pretty easy, just killed the dogs and circle around using the stairs and drop attacks

Now I'm past him, and in the
depths. I have no fucking clue where I am anymore. Fell down holes, killing things, no idea where a bonfire is, and I've got a ton of sols. I love this game.

Just found the merchant down here. Looks like some pretty awesome stuff.

I died so many times in blight town. But it felt good because i really had to learn how to engage the environment every step of the way through.

pmj

I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but I got cursed. I looked up how to cure curses and got the cure through trading. I now have one of those items that can cure curses left, and since trading can only be done once, the only other way to do it seems to be to buy them at a rather steep price.

With only one cure left and a to me unknown amount of the area I'm currently doing left, would you recommend that I grind souls for an hour and stockpile cures?

Ra1den

The_Monk said:
Thank you.

Before going down all of those stairs I lit the bonfire, yes. Is there another bonfire down there? I'll put the armor you talked about.

I will also try to go with some other people to help me there, I have no idea if I should be here in this area but I'm trying to proceed. I just hope to survive back down there if all those things flying, ugh!

Yeah when you get to the lowest you possibly can, and are in the swamp, which you seem to have gotten to, there is a bonfire there. Facing the direction you are likely to be facing when you first get down there, ie away from all the stairs and crap from whence you came, it will be to your right, along the wall. Just hug the perimeter and you will find it. Also, not sure if you've been to the
forest yet but you can gets tons of poison healing items there by killing enemies. Also, if you head back to the place where you started the game, Undead Asylum, you can get a ring that lets you move quickly through water. But you can get by without it if you just head straight to the boss and heal your poison.
I'd just go take down the boss and return here for item collecting later when you are levelled more.

I've just finished Blighttown, and was wondering, should I start upgrading my Spider Shield? Or is there a better shield that I will find soon/can go get? I was thinking to either upgrade that or just the Hollow Soldier Shield, since its stats are a tiny bit better to begin with.

elty

ShaneB said:
Found the
Capra Demon pretty easy, just killed the dogs and circle around using the stairs and drop attacks

Now I'm past him, and in the
depths. I have no fucking clue where I am anymore. Fell down holes, killing things, no idea where a bonfire is, and I've got a ton of sols. I love this game.

Just found the merchant down here. Looks like some pretty awesome stuff.

From the merchant,
hug the same wall and head back, pass the first door way (the one that leads to boss), and just before the waterfall thing there is a stair that eventually leads up to a ladder. Climb up the ladder, turn right (if you see giant rats then you are in the wrong direction) , turn left (right side is bunch of slime that is good for farming shards),
and it is your bonfire.

EasyMode

SUBZERO-08 said:
I've just finished Blighttown, and was wondering, should I start upgrading my Spider Shield? Or is there a better shield that I will find soon/can go get? I was thinking to either upgrade that or just the Hollow Soldier Shield, since its stats are a tiny bit better to begin with.
Go with the Hollow Soldier Shield, IMO. The stability gets really good as you upgrade it. Caps off at 85 stability at +15, which is ridiculously good for a normal sized shield.

The_Monk

Ra1den said:
Yeah when you get to the lowest you possibly can, and are in the swamp, which you seem to have gotten to, there is a bonfire there. Facing the direction you are likely to be facing when you first get down there, ie away from all the stairs and crap from whence you came, it will be to your right, along the wall. Just hug the perimeter and you will find it. Also, not sure if you've been to the
forest yet but you can gets tons of poison healing items there by killing enemies. Also, if you head back to the place where you started the game, Undead Asylum, you can get a ring that lets you move quickly through water. But you can get by without it if you just head straight to the boss and heal your poison.
I'd just go take down the boss and return here for item collecting later when you are levelled more.

Thanks. I've never been to the forest, because near the blacksmith there is a... big thing that I couldn't kill so I took a look but then went back and now I'm in these swamps.

Plus, I think I might been missing a lot, I have only got one ring so far.

Totalriot

The_Monk said:
Thanks. I've never been to the forest, because near the blacksmith there is a... big thing that I couldn't kill so I took a look but then went back and now I'm in these swamps.

Plus, I think I might been missing a lot, I have only got one ring so far.

You could kill it easily with your bow. There is a spot where he always hits an obstacle but you can shoot over it. Or just run past him.

The_Monk

Totalriot said:
You could kill it easily with your bow. There is a spot where he always hits an obstacle but you can shoot over it. Or just run past him.

Nice. I want to kill him, maybe I'll do him some damage and then finish him with some arrows. I just need to see what's going down in the swamps after some many ladders down.

Funny thing is that I always had a TON of arrows in Demon's Souls but in Dark Souls I'm always with... 10 or so.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
So, I usually don't ask for help, but I'm in a slump, so please, help me out here.

I'm pretty far into the game, down in the
Tomb of Giants
and I've reached a dead-end in the form of
"a door sealed with the lord's might" or something along those lines. That wouldn't be a problem as I still have one more area to go to, except I can't seem to find my way out of here since I can't get back up on the slippery slopes. Is there a secret door somewhere or am I just royally fucked?

Thanks GAF.

Probably solved it:

I watched a video which showed a path to the left of the hole that leads to the stonified smithie. Silly me.

Vice

kyubajin said:
Reposting this from the community thread :p

Had a pretty intense session yesterday. Here are my impressions and experiences so far as a blind 1st runner, in case anyone cares :p

Bosses have been quite intense so far with only Gaping being the exception. I studied his moves and discovered he’s rather easy to fight. Killed it on the 3rd attempt. However he killed Solaire on a previous attempt... is he dead for sure?

Somewhat spoilerish:
My firelink bonfire is not available anymore as that damn bastard I freed earlier killed the poor fire keeper. I have this weird item that claims I can invade his world but I’m unable to use it.

Also I didn't know how fire keeper’s souls were used and consume one before realising there was a second and third floor under the bonfire area...

Made it to the sparkly moth boss (don't remember its name) but since I don't have any range at all it killed me... I still don't know where to buy arrows or bolts from.

Had to summon blue phatoms for Queelag, she was way too powerful for me :( only time I've used any help.

Made it to Sen's fortress and into the room where you can switch the direction of the boulder on my 1st try! Then died and it was hard to do it again... Until I finally made it to the Iron Giant and he 1 hit killed me :( and, since I didn't have a key for unlocking the shortcut, I gotta start from the Blacksmith bonfire :/

I've died WAY more times than I did in my 1st Demon's Souls run... Undead Parish and Blighttown ranking most of them.

I still don't know where to get ores other than standard titanite for modifying weapons with electricity, magic, divine, etc. So far I've only been able to make a Raw +3 Halberd which has served me very well so far and now also using a Lightning Spear I found.

I have the 1.03 patch yet I've experienced input lag, frame rate drops, etc. It feel a lot less polished than DS :_(

For the sparkly boss you don't need a ranged weapon
it will rest ont he bridge after it fires off a few spells
then you run up and stab it.

Giard

Stupid question time. How do I backtrack to the Undead Asylum? Lots of people talk about it, but I have no idea how to do so.

tokkun

Giard said:
Stupid question time. How do I backtrack to the Undead Asylum? Lots of people talk about it, but I have no idea how to do so.

You have to get into the crow's nest in Firelink. It's complicated to describe in text, so just look it up on youtube.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Giard said:

I don't think it's a stupid question. Just take
the elevator down from the church where you fought the gargoyles (the one that looks like a confession booth) and jump off on the ledge, or onto the roof rather, before it goes all the way down. Then traverse to the right until you reach a grassy area (it's close enough to see from where you jumped off) and look to your left. There should be a place where you can roll down unto a beam which will take you up into the broken tower. After that you only need to follow the stairs up until you've reached the raven's nest.

ShaneB

elty said:
From the merchant,
hug the same wall and head back, pass the first door way (the one that leads to boss), and just before the waterfall thing there is a stair that eventually leads up to a ladder. Climb up the ladder, turn right (if you see giant rats then you are in the wrong direction) , turn left (right side is bunch of slime that is good for farming shards),
and it is your bonfire.

Yeah, I found the boss eventually. It was just a simple case of me taking what seemed like a shortcut, into an area I had no idea about. Eventually I did loop around and connect the dots :)

Broseybrose

EasyMode said:
Go with the Hollow Soldier Shield, IMO. The stability gets really good as you upgrade it. Caps off at 85 stability at +15, which is ridiculously good for a normal sized shield.
I lucked out and have picked up 2 Balder Shields so far in my playthrough. They start with a default Stability of 66 (as opposed to Hollow Soldier's 60). I haven't upgraded really anything yet. I use the Balder as my default shield but I also bought the Crystal Shield (Stability 60) from the guy in the Depths because it has high fire/ lit/ mag resistance. So now I'm torn between two great shields!

Anyway I'm SL 29. Just finished Depths and am beginning Blighttown. I did take a trip back to Undead Asylum running past enemies I couldnt beat and picking up the loot, so I do have the Rust Iron Ring. It was entirely useful in the Depths.

Broseybrose said:
I lucked out and have picked up 2 Balder Shields so far in my playthrough. They start with a default Stability of 66 (as opposed to Hollow Soldier's 60). I haven't upgraded really anything yet. I use the Balder as my default shield but I also bought the Crystal Shield (Stability 60) from the guy in the Depths because it has high fire/ lit/ mag resistance. So now I'm torn between two great shields!

Anyway I'm SL 29. Just finished Depths and am beginning Blighttown. I did take a trip back to Undead Asylum running past enemies I couldnt beat and picking up the loot, so I do have the Rust Iron Ring. It was entirely useful in the Depths.
Make sure you grab the Spider Shield near the beginning of the depths through the door behind the
table the butcher was working at
. It helped me a ton through Blighttown, as it is resistant to poison.

Giard

Just beat
Quelaag.
Now I found an illusory wall behind her, and some infected guy won't let me pass cause I answered "no" to his question. Is there anything I can do about it?

Giard said:
Just beat
Quelaag.
Now I found an illusory wall behind her, and some infected guy won't let me pass cause I answered "no" to his question. Is there anything I can do about it?
go out and kill some people for 10 min or so and come back and answer yes.

Broseybrose

SUBZERO-08 said:
Make sure you grab the Spider Shield near the beginning of the depths through the door behind the
table the butcher was working at
. It helped me a ton through Blighttown, as it is resistant to poison.
Yes I picked up the Spider Shield too. Thanks for the tip!

Giard said:
Do I really have to climb back up Blighttown after ringing the second bell? Is there a shortcut nearby?
water wheel takes you back up a bit and you have to climb some ladders and you will be at Valley of the Drakes.

Giard

Cloudius12 said:
water wheel takes you back up a bit and you have to climb some ladders and you will be at Valley of the Drakes.
I'll check that out, thanks.

My guy just crapped out 2 times on the wheel and fell to his death. Lost 10k souls :(

EDIT: The
Stray Demon
in Undead Asylum is kicking my ass. Maybe I shouldn't have gone back just yet.

2AdEPT

Zoe said:
Has anybody come up with a suggested area order yet?
I just re-started after getting Lordvessel with first character....too many missed drops....and the kicker was the vendor after the hydra died somehow while I was getting malled by golems i thought were dead...or at least far enough away not to notice me......no chameleon, body hide, and particularly no light spell and just finished catacombs and tried two steps of totg without light....uh no thanks.....cleared half of demon's ruins just trying to get the special bug that drops the light hat...but no luck.

Here is the order I did the restart but will explain first....was so pissed after 125 hours on the first character (hunter) that I wanted payback and to get back into the swing of things AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE by being pyro and getting the lightning spear and gold trimmed armour back as soon as physically possible....that means ringing both bells ASAP using
master key at new londo/drake pit.

Because I wanted to grind souls to level via PVP vs. monotony, I needed the stone ASAP as well....so got that from Solaire ....in the area anyway and needed souls so "dropped" in on Taurus solo with pyro default eqip on level 1 just after doing my "prep" run.

1.) prep run with master key - not a drake sword fan - prefer the astora sword for early game - so run to get that right after bird dropped me at firelink.
Got the shield as well before getting mashed by dragon.
Realized the sword was too high in req for faith, so
ran through the graveyard with no armour....got the winged spear, zwei and the noculars didn't even die. Upgraded pyro stats to use spear by running the giants off the cliff in upper blighttown. got tired of that after only two or three runs.
So on to the next run. I could have picked something higher in the stats for this equipment as a starting character but the key for me was being pyro RIGHT from the gett go...wanted that glove!

2.) to get the elevators moving, get the grass shield in darkroot, start grinding souls, and moss (for getting back door to Queelag for second bell) I decided to
speed run by half dead dragon and the valley of drake drakes. Died when the black knight ambushed me but he fell off the cliff after me and was gone when I returned from the bonfire just two steps away.
Farmed the 5 trees closest to the crest door bonfire in darkroot quite a bit with pyro glove...enough for a proper leveling of endurance (20) So I could wear at least most armour except a hat with the winged spear and wooden shield from graveyard (only 1 weight.) Ended up with 20 or so purple moss...didn't even go back to firelink before going to blacksmith andre and ringing the first bell with two noobs as help....still one knew enough to cut the tail for me so got the drop (unlike the first char.) I went to Laurtec and was going to summon him along with solaire but didn' need to as there was enough helpers around. Made a quick flight to asylum for
rusty ring
(you know I am swamping as soon as possible) and
crest shield.
Traded for all that twinkly titanite with snuggly for the astora sword (all three mosses).

3.) no rest for wicked, so went through back door to blighttown right after ringing first bell (both bells rang literally within minutes of each other), summoned a team and smeared Queelag with magic helpers after helping others to get human etc. (pretty much have to hire as a pyro as the fire shit doesn't cut it vs. the fire woman herself at such a low level.) rang second bell, ran straight down to see the chaos team for pyro ascending. before getting rid of the area,
a quick run for the gold trimmed set through the ruins....using a home bone ( I found a way, no glitches just adeptness at rolling off shit, to get into the treasure at firelink BEFORE the elevator was operational and get the bones....when there is a will there is a fucking wayyyyyy)
As such I was able to keep my human form without even spitting at the discharge. was wearing the
gold hemmed set
by level 15-20 or so. Although i was still very hungry to move on for the lightning spear , I was there anyway, so gave away my human form (stupid...didn't have to die) and contracted the worm disease in order to
unlock acid mist and poison mist from egg face vendor.....heads up, if you want the disease you have to aggro BUT NOT KILL the egg dudes BEFORE the worms come out...I died 4 times attempting to let those vile worms eat my face to no avail!
Gave lady of chaos like 15 humanity with only two runs.....got first rank after only one more trip....I 'm not even level 30 yet and I could paste not only the floor but the friggin walls with lava!!! HAHAHAHAHHA! Fuck I was feeling badass for a change! EAT LAVA you friggin mobbing hollows 2nd floor at the Parish!!!!!!!!(you know I went back there just for them!) Notwithstanding, I am still at 8 for the glove.....can't wait to get to queelana with just a few more souls! But no time for invading or too much payback yet......GOT to have that spear.

4.) used the astora sword for queelag incidentally.....but for the first time my evil but limited smarts and 'souls' experience didn't get me through the lack of leveling.....the friggin
mimic
was stopping me from completing my speed run for the high pyro/gold trimmed/Lspear combo. Even with decent pyro for level 25 or so (forgot to attune a second slot for chaos orb) Died 2 times before finally getting wise and baiting him out on to the rolling ball highway. Took two balls and me dancing a pretty quick dance to not get run overmyself....but did it third try. got logan, got rings including slumbering and the drop enhancer......and of course...... large shards for the spear. Somehow I didn't get a chunk like I was able to last playthrough...so only plus 3 .....but holy fuck its fun to be kicking ass at level 30!!!!!

I forgot to check what was up time wise, but this all happened bewteen the hours of 10pm and 4am this past am.

Benefits? So far Blightown was a breez going backward with
slumbering stealth ring
...they don't even wake up to hear their brethren asses dying!.....backstabbing those giants and fucking zombie leech mouth asses was VINDICATING as the last character they mauled me even though I was at a much higher level. Had a stumble getting back over from the
crimson set
as I died twice trying to traverse the friggin tree near the wheel.....but alas a genius message saved me...it said "try backstepping!" Normally, this would register as a try jumping off into oblivion message to me but since I was in backward mode for the levels...why not?!!?!? Holy fuck it worked....whoever thought to use backward jumps over a frigging tree with either deathly placed stumbling boards or glitch slippery programming (can't tell which)...was a friggin genius...couldn't even recommend the message as I didn't even go to the vendor in the burg yet. I wanted to go backward through to the depths but was turned back as the door was unopenable from that end without having done capra I assume.

Also, payback for all the black nights in undead burg who didn't drop shit for me...forgot to use the ring from sens but the first one in the burg before Taurus dropped his sword and the chunk I needed for Ligtning spear +4!

Negatives? none ....except that I used the skull shit on the boar and he STILL didn't drop the helmet even with the ring and 4 humanity. FUCK I WANT THAT HElmet some frigggin time????

digression

So there it is for an early power-hungry pyro:

1.)Taurus
2.)Gargoyles (ring bell with help)
3.)Queelag (ring bell with help) ascend all your shit with chaos lady and einigy or whatever his egg head name is)
(get lightning spear but save golem for later if you want pvp on sens later ....not much going on there when you are level20!!)
4.)Capra (solo with lighting spear and chaos lava for some 'alone time' payback)
5.)Gaping (help noobs at your low level kick ASS on this turd....for a large amount of souls)
buy all rings and upgrade weapons and do what you wish from that point on!

I have no idea what I want to do to progress from here but could take it anywhere as I'm only level 30.....but an option I forgot to do was to take out havel for the ring....i tried to actually from the back way as well as hydra but got leveled.....took too long to wear down the golems with damage '12' per hit......just didn't need to get havel's ring with the gold hemmed set so didn't bother trying again. I'm going to take my time helpping noobs on gaping, golem and eventually pricilla and S&O, but I think I might join a few dark covenants first.....just got in the coffin in the catacombs prior to ditching last character.......and the weapon and spelll you get there fits my mood...HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH! The astora sword +3 has its DARK benefits as well despite being a faith weapon! Should be able to get down there perhaps with help...even at level 30.

LOVE (and hate, but mostly love) THIS GAME!

2AdEPT

Giard said:
Just beat
Quelaag.
go out to a different world....... maybe demons will do it?? maybe it needs to be further...kill 4 enemies, wait a bit 10 minutes, ....say YES. reference: pg. 327 of the extras section of the beautiful hard cover guide.

2AdEPT said:
1.)Taurus
2.)Gargoyles (ring bell with help)
3.)Queelag (ring bell with help) ascend all your shit with chaos lady and einigy or whatever his egg head name is)
(get lightning spear but save golem for later if you want pvp on sens later ....not much going on there when you are level20!!)
4.)Capra (solo with lighting spear and chaos lava for some 'alone time' payback)
5.)Gaping (help noobs at your low level kick ASS on this turd....for a large amount of souls)
buy all rings and upgrade weapons and do what you wish from that point on!

That is an interesting fast-level route, but it's not the recommended one.

StMeph

Posted in the OT, but no answers there.

Is there a definitive list anywhere for the Knight's Honor achievement/trophy? Several sources note that the official guide's list is incorrect, but I haven't found a confirmed-to-be-perfect list that excludes fluff. Wikis are also incomplete.

Makes it kind of hard to farm, as I don't know if I'm wasting my efforts or not.

2AdEPT

Thagomizer said:
God damn Havel. No matter how well I dodge, he always gets lucky and manages to one-shot me with that damn dragon's tooth.

He doesn't get lucky....his developers have enabled him to track where you are mid swing...I don't know where the cut off is but don't think he is committed on the way up and perhaps even part of the way down.

A strategy that keeps him from a lunging dragon tooth is the only fail safe strategy IMHO, unless you have a really big shield and a tonne of stability. I got the dragon tooth from somewhere (catacombs?) and it takes a good 30 somethig STR to wield.

Top Bottom