• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Mistel

Banned
If you hate the game so much that you're willing to skip half its content, why are you even still playing it?
The bypassing the four great souls based on your current amount of souls collected during a playthrough is a legitimate method for access.
Here:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/agility
No idea if any of this is accurate to be honest, but I assume people have tested this and aren't pulling it out of thin air.
This has no relation to the stamina break points that is the I frames based on agility which has no relation to the equip load of a character.

This is my fifth run (third on my sorcerer, one run for a Hexxer and a Warrior). I'd like to get the last two trophies before Destiny comes out in two days, in which case I'll be dedicating myself fully to that game.

Fair enough. Just the way you phrased it seems like you just hated it, lol.

Guys, what's the heaviest armour set? I wanna try and get as high of a equip load % to see how badly stamina recovery is, or if it stops decreasing at a certain amount.

v1perz53

One could gather you hate a large portion of the game if you're willing to exploit a glitch to avoid playing through it. If you're on NG++ you need 3M more souls to open the Shrine of Winter, so you could just BA Old Iron King and keep defeating him. Or Co-Op a lot. Way better than glitching through.

Eh, to each their own. I wouldn't feel bad at all about hacking a Possessed Armor Sword into my game to use right when I get to Majula (on an offline only character, fuck PvP hackers). Doesn't mean I don't like playing the part of the game up to the Iron Crown DLC, just means that I want a new experience from what I have played countless times and would like to start with that weapon, instead of getting to it with the same generic build and five starting weapon options that I have used over and over.

Nothing annoyed me more going for the platinum than the fact that I needed to play a whole new NG++ iteration just for like three or four spells. Sure, I guess I could respec, but to me what is fun is slowly building my character and watching as I grow in power, not switching between being powerful in two slightly different ways.

Rymuth

The bypassing the four great souls based on your current amount of souls collected during a playthrough is a legitimate method for access.

This has no relation to the stamina break points that is the I frames based on agility which has no relation to the equip load of a character.

Thanks for the kind words from you and v1perz53. :)

I've seen this before, though, new person shows up and the old guard obviously get defensive and protective over their territory. It's silly but it happens, *shrug* (can't say I understand tho' (I don't mean you, DarkHeartedKill)

All hope's not lost. Gonna skip the Ruin Sentinel boss this time. See if I can turn this run into a speed run.

Mistel

Banned
Guys, what's the heaviest armour set? I wanna try and get as high of a equip load % to see how badly stamina recovery is, or if it stops decreasing at a certain amount.
The heaviest set by itself is the iron clad set. The torso is 29.8 units If you want the heaviest possible combination that's minotaur helm, iron clad torso, havel's legs, and havel's arms. Which is 62.6 units.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Point me to the bit where I said I hated the game...
The "Fuck my life" and "FFS" and everything sure seems to indicate you're not having any fun.

I mean, I don't know about you but I would have a lot of fun playing through NG 3 times on three different characters, but having to go through the exact same content three times through on the exact same character playing the exact same way just for like three spells isn't fun.
Then... don't get those spells. Problem solved.

You don't have to hate the game to want to skip this dumb part of the platinum trophy, but when you are 2 trophies shy of finishing you still want to get it done.
So people do things they don't find fun at all, in order to get trophies.... why?

Sure it is, I'm just baffled by his "urgh what a grind FML" attitude. Just... stop, if you aren't having fun.

Ooops wrong link, my bad. Meant to paste this:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Stamina

v1perz53

Thanks for the kind words from you and v1perz53. :)

I've seen this before, though, new person shows up and the old guard obviously get defensive and protective over their territory. It's silly but it happens, *shrug* (can't say I understand tho' (I don't mean you, DarkHeartedKill)

All hope's not lost. Gonna skip the Ruin Sentinel boss this time. See if I can turn this run into a speed run.

Some suggestions for making things as fast as possible based on my own experiences:

-You can get to the rotten VERY fast. Here is my video on how to get through the entire gutter in 2 minutes without fighting a single enemy. Not the only way as people told me when I posted it, but I only have a video of this route heh. You can use the silvercat ring to drop to the gutter, use this route through the gutter and run through Black Gulch and get from Majula to the Rotten in like 10 minutes.

-If you keep the Antiquated Key when starting NG++ (don't remember), skipping Ruin Sentinel is fun and optimal. You need to clear Heide anyway to unlock Harvest Valley, so going through No Man's Wharf to Bastille is fairly quick.

-Similarly, you can get through Earthen Peak very quickly. If you shoot the pots on the ceiling with iron arrows/heavy bolts during the Covetous Demon fight, he tries to eat the hollows that fall out and you can finish the fight without him attacking you at all. As always, abuse Jester Thomas for Mytha, that guy shows no mercy.

Just some quick things I remembered when I was in your position.

v1perz53

Then... don't get those spells. Problem solved.

Whether or not you care about it, some people do enjoy completing and earning a platinum trophy. It is a good feeling to know you fully "finished" a game and are one of a very small number of people to accomplish this. These spells are tied to that platinum trophy, so if you care enough, you will do something you don't necessarily want to (in this case going through NG++) to get something you do care about and want (the platinum trophy). Especially true when you can earn all of the actually difficult trophies in NG+ and are just barred by two easy yet tedious trophies requiring you to do nothing special but reach Drangleic Castle in NG++. This does not seem like too difficult a concept to understand, whether or not a platinum trophy matters to you.

I DID IT

I BEAT ELENA!

Congrats!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
This does not seem like too difficult a concept to understand, whether or not a platinum trophy matters to you.
Sorry, but it is a difficult concept to grasp for me. I can't imagine ever doing something boring and un-fun for a "ding!" on a screen. It honestly boggles my mind. *shrugs*

Some suggestions for making things as fast as possible based on my own experiences:

-You can get to the rotten VERY fast. Here is my video on how to get through the entire gutter in 2 minutes without fighting a single enemy. Not the only way as people told me when I posted it, but I only have a video of this route heh. You can use the silvercat ring to drop to the gutter, use this route through the gutter and run through Black Gulch and get from Majula to the Rotten in like 10 minutes.

-If you keep the Antiquated Key when starting NG++ (don't remember), skipping Ruin Sentinel is fun and optimal. You need to clear Heide anyway to unlock Harvest Valley, so going through No Man's Wharf to Bastille is fairly quick.

-Similarly, you can get through Earthen Peak very quickly. If you shoot the pots on the ceiling with iron arrows/heavy bolts during the Covetous Demon fight, he tries to eat the hollows that fall out and you can finish the fight without him attacking you at all. As always, abuse Jester Thomas for Mytha, that guy shows no mercy.

Just some quick things I remembered when I was in your position.

You lose all keys upon entering a NG. I found Old Iron King to be a much easier fight. And he drops a lot of souls.

v1perz53

Sorry, but it is a difficult concept to grasp for me. I can't imagine ever doing something boring and un-fun for a "ding!" on a screen. It honestly boggles my mind. *shrugs*

Why is it fun doing a SL1 run in the original Dark Souls? Why is it fun speedrunning a game? Because it is fun having challenges placed in front of you and overcoming them. SL1 runs and speed runs are self imposed challenges, while trophies and achievements are ones put forth by the game designers. Distilling trophies down to a "ding" on your screen downplays the entire process of playing the game and overcoming the challenge that was that trophy. In both cases you are overcoming challenges above and beyond what is normally required to beat a game, simply because you like that game so much. I personally never bother getting any trophies unless I plan to get all the trophies. If I love a game, I want to play it as much as possible, and I want to say I did every task that the game developers set forth that they thought would constitute experiencing everything the game has to offer.

Anyway, I didn't mean to talk down at you with that comment. I wasn't specifically referencing that it should be simple to understand why people care about achievements, I was talking about how it shouldn't be hard to understand that different people find different things to be fun. Hell, people find watching Golf on TV fun, or watching the Home Shopping Network to be fun. If that can be fun, you have to understand that there will be people who enjoy the challenge of achievement hunting.

Only reason I ever beat CoD 4 and MW2 on Veteran was for the Achievements. If the achievements weren't there I wouldn't have bothered to do the campaign on the hardest difficulty. It's a bragging right, to show that you are capable of doing it and achieved it. It's also a nice feeling when you look at Steam Achievements and you see that only like .3% of players have it. Makes you feel...special.

Trakan

For anyone having problems with staying alive in general PVE whether it be regular enemies or boss fights, I'd highly recommend getting to 105 agility and staying under 30-40% equip load. It will increase your survivability tenfold.

v1perz53

I think I understand it even less now. :p

When you score the highest in your class on a test, you feel special. When you beat your college's points per game single season record, you feel special. When your contest entry is chosen out of thousands as the best, you feel special. When you are in the guinness book of world records for having the longest fingernails in the world, you feel special. It is pretty common that when you are able to achieve something that puts you as one of the few people to have done that thing, putting you at the top of a particular field, it makes you feel good. At least, it does for most people.

Doesn't matter if it is something difficult like getting the highest score on the Bar exam for lawyers out of your entire state or something silly like having the world's longest fingernails, being one of a small handful of people to do something makes people feel good.

For anyone having problems with staying alive in general PVE whether it be regular enemies or boss fights, I'd highly recommend getting to 105 agility and staying under 30-40% equip load. It will increase your survivability tenfold.

I cannot agree more with your first point. Though I have found 100 Agility to be enough (only gain one iFrame going from 100 to 105). Every time I start a new character, my priority now is getting to at least 100 agility, I have a hard time playing without it. I've actually never played through a character with less than 50% equip load though, I am now really curious to try it out and see the difference.

KingKong

Is it just me or do the DLC bosses have a shitload more hp than the base game? It's so annoying to get 3-4 hits in and take a tiny sliver off Elana or Fume Knight

Mistel

Banned
With regards to agility that's pretty much guaranteed making you more survivable. As regards to the equip load point that's very dependant on play style and not a universal point.

Is it just me or do the DLC bosses have a shitload more hp than the base game? It's so annoying to get 3-4 hits in and take a tiny sliver off Elana or Fume Knight

Are you sure you aren't using elemental attacks they are strong against? They do gain a ton of health with coop, but solo isn't too bad. They melt away pretty quickly with the right setup.

They likely have more HP, and it also depends on what type of damage you're inflicting. For example, Elana has high resistance to Fire and Lightning(not sure about magic, if someone could confirm that it would be neat) but is weak to Strike damage.

Mistel

Banned
They likely have more HP, and it also depends on what type of damage you're inflicting. For example, Elana has high resistance to Fire and Lightning(not sure about magic, if someone could confirm that it would be neat) but is weak to Strike damage.
Elana has only moderate magic resistance compared to the very high dark and high lightning and fire resistance. She's also immune to poison whilst i'm on the subject.

Just came off a 4 hour run towards my Platinum and completed NG+. Now I'm on NG++ and only got two trophies left. I assumed I could open Shrine of Winter if I had like 8 mil Soul Memory but I was wrong. Now I have to collect the 4 Lord Souls again...fuck my life.

And I can't delete the patch and try out the shrine of winter hopping glitch to skip it because From's latest patch prevents post patch 1.07 to be used in an upatched game. Ffs~

I'm stopping now and will continue tomorrow.

You need 3 actually, take a break and resume you are so close to end this fight.

Go for rotten,
flash to Heide<no man's<bastille<rotten
Return to Majula<Hunstman<skeleton lord<hearten peak<iron keep<Iron king
Winter shrine

Trakan

When you score the highest in your class on a test, you feel special. When you beat your college's points per game single season record, you feel special. When your contest entry is chosen out of thousands as the best, you feel special. When you are in the guinness book of world records for having the longest fingernails in the world, you feel special. It is pretty common that when you are able to achieve something that puts you as one of the few people to have done that thing, putting you at the top of a particular field, it makes you feel good. At least, it does for most people.

Doesn't matter if it is something difficult like getting the highest score on the Bar exam for lawyers out of your entire state or something silly like having the world's longest fingernails, being one of a small handful of people to do something makes people feel good.

I cannot agree more with your first point. Though I have found 100 Agility to be enough (only gain one iFrame going from 100 to 105). Every time I start a new character, my priority now is getting to at least 100 agility, I have a hard time playing without it. I've actually never played through a character with less than 50% equip load though, I am now really curious to try it out and see the difference.

I used < 30% for the longest time and tried going back to 60 something and just couldn't do it. You roll farther and the stamina regen difference is huge.

With regards to agility that's pretty much guaranteed making you more survivable. As regards to the equip load point that's very dependant on play style and not a universal point.

Fair enough, though faster stamina regen can only benefit you. Sure, you can manage without, but I don't see why you would.

I used < 30% for the longest time and tried going back to 60 something and just couldn't do it. You roll farther and the stamina regen difference is huge.

Fair enough, though faster stamina regen can only benefit you. Sure, you can manage without, but I don't see why you would.

Yes, Its more noticeable with the fume knight and his weird hitboxes, Agi makes your character reacts faster but the speed and distance still depends on your equip load.

The stamina regen is a must for tanky builds but not worth using the clorolanthy ring if you reach the exhaust penalty.

Kinda random but attunement stats for casters makes you gain agi stats too! so you dont have to invest in Dex to get that bonus.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Only reason I ever beat CoD 4 and MW2 on Veteran was for the Achievements. If the achievements weren't there I wouldn't have bothered to do the campaign on the hardest difficulty. It's a bragging right, to show that you are capable of doing it and achieved it. It's also a nice feeling when you look at Steam Achievements and you see that only like .3% of players have it. Makes you feel...special.
Why is it fun doing a SL1 run in the original Dark Souls?[ Why is it fun speedrunning a game? Because it is fun having challenges placed in front of you and overcoming them.
Absolutely. It is fun. Some people might not find it fun, but I found it fun. I didn't do it for the bragging rights either. I did it because I wanted to see if I could, and I enjoyed it. If, at any point, I would have gotten too frustrated and stopped enjoying myself, I would have stopped.

Which is why I must repeat, that this wasn't what I was talking about. If you find hunting for whatever trophy the game proposed, then cool, go for it.

But what I'm talking about is when trophy hunting is not fun. Clearly people are not having fun going to NG++ for those extra spells, or farming endlessly for that pure bladestone, or that channeler's trident, etc., in fact, it's so un-fun that they'll often resort to duping or having a friend drop it to "hold" while the ding! registers or other such exploits. They find it a boring, tedious slog.

...Yet they do it anyway. And even complain at how un-fun it is. Yet still persist in doing it. That's the part that baffles me, because I find life too short to waste it on doing things I don't enjoy.

Mistel

Banned
That's more an issue of personal preference of course faster regeneration is a positive. But again it all revolves around how you play and your build itself.

But what I'm talking about is when trophy hunting is not fun. Clearly people are not having fun going to NG++ for those extra spells, or farming endlessly for that pure bladestone, or that channeler's trident, etc., in fact, it's so un-fun that they'll often resort to duping or having a friend drop it to "hold" while the ding! registers or other such exploits. They find it a boring, tedious slog.

...Yet they do it anyway. And even complain at how un-fun it is. Yet still persist in doing it. That's the part that baffles me, because I find life too short to waste it on doing things I don't enjoy.

I guess is better than grind some of the tedious covenants requirements.

v1perz53

All I am saying is that sometimes doing something that is overall fun involves aspects that are not fun. I mean, I really liked the most recent DLC, but I thought there were aspects I didn't like. I still played it to get to the end because it was overall fun, even though the curse tower and run to Smelter 2.0 and Sir Alonne were totally not fun at all to me. Same with trophies, getting all but two of them were fun, getting that last one is fun and satisfying, so I can deal with getting two shitty ones that aren't fun for that ultimate payoff of completing the set.

Jeez I said the word "fun" a whole lot in that post. Oh well, what can you do.

Braag

Sometimes I really wish we could send some sort of private messages to other players. I know Dark Souls isn't that sort of game to have online chat or anything like that but still.
Today I was playing though the DLC2 area in NG+ and decided to summon a Sunbro to help me out. I very rarely summon people but I thought since I have cleared this place once I might as well summon someone to speed through couple of the areas a bit faster.
He turned out to be a lot of help and helped me get to the bonfire next to the Fume Knight. But unfortunately I had to leave and quit the game soon after and I kept waving at him that you know... I gotta go now. And he kept waving back... I used the Separation Crystal but didn't use it to send him back cause it felt like... I don't know... a dick move of sorts. But I wanted him to see the animation and he instantly understood what I was running after. He gave a bow and used his Separation Crystal to leave. I wish I could've just told him that I have to quit the game now...

Sometimes I really wish we could send some sort of private messages to other players. I know Dark Souls isn't that sort of game to have online chat or anything like that but still.
Today I was playing though the DLC2 area in NG+ and decided to summon a Sunbro to help me out. I very rarely summon people but I thought since I have cleared this place once I might as well summon someone to speed through couple of the areas a bit faster.
He turned out to be a lot of help and helped me get to the bonfire next to the Fume Knight. But unfortunately I had to leave and quit the game soon after and I kept waving at him that you know... I gotta go now. And he kept waving back... I used the Separation Crystal but didn't use it to send him back cause it felt like... I don't know... a dick move of sorts. But I wanted him to see the animation and he instantly understood what I was running after. He gave a bow and used his Separation Crystal to leave. I wish I could've just told him that I have to quit the game now...

Well there's voice chat, just I think both players have to have it enabled to hear each other. Like if you have it disabled but they have it enabled you won't hear them. On PC and Xbox you can view players you've recently interacted with, then go to their profile and send them a message., although on Steam you have to add them as a friend first

Eccocid

So i finally got the game from Steam last night.
Wanted to play on ps3 but it died few months ago so Steam version was the only option for me. I had spent like 2 hours to get Dualshock (ps3) running in game. It worked on Big Picture mode in Steam but was not working in the game.

Anyway...I have played it like few hours (2 maybe), first thing i noticed is the weight of character (guess it had been discussed in here many times). Maybe i am remembering it wrong but DeS and DS1 had tighter controls. In Ds2, character movement feels like playing GTA games (i always think GTA games have sloppy controls too). As if character has no weight.

Aside for control issues i think game looks nice so far. But yeah as others mentioned lighting is super FLAT in some areas. Especially at the entrance of forest of giants. The area with river and few soldiers. It almost looks like there is no other light source than ambient light.

What i enjoyed it, i (again) took wrong path and tried to beat the big giant soldiers in tower of flames(or whatever), i did same thing in DS1 when i was forcing my way to catacombs early in the game lol.

Anway i am enjoying the game now but i have one question. WHAT THE FUCK those zombie pigs are doing in encampment? I have a stupid ass sword and they keep following me and attacking me :/ Are there anyway to get rid of them forever?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Man, for all its problems, this game is so damn good. I was committed to getting the Plat, so that I'd have the full set for all 3 Souls games; but admit that 80% through NG+, I basically ran out of steam and moved on to another game.

DLC1 came out just as I was wrapping that game (Borderlands 2) up, and I figured that'd be a good time to jump back in. I finished the last bit of NG+ I had left, saved at the Far Fire in Majula, uploaded to PS cloud, disabled automatic uploads for the game, and proceeded to transition to NG++.

Thankfully, I had a metric fuck-ton of soul consumables, since both of the those runs were 100% complete vanilla playthroughs. So I quickly swept through the early areas, secured a branch of yore, consumed a few million souls, and bam! There was Drangleic Castle and the last three spells needed to secure the Plat.

I proceeded to restore my NG+ clear file from the cloud, renabled auto save syncing, resumed from NG+ Majula, and dove right into DLC1. Happily, unlike too much of vanilla DkS2, the new content did not disappoint. Suddenly, we're presented with cleverly laid out battles and intricate, intertwining environment layouts. A bit of boss rehash marred the experience, but overall, it was probably the tightest Souls content since the first 50%-67% of DkS1. Or the Artorias expansion, at least. Had no problems sticking around for all of the optional loot, zones, and bosses. Shulva was mostly fantastic from start to end.

I wrapped it up in around two days, moved on to another new (to me) game, in Skyrim, before leaving the country for two weeks. Of course, DLC2 hit just days before I flew back, and you KNOW that Skyrim could wait a little longer.

I started DLC2 late Friday night after work, and after a full Saturday session, finally cleared all of it in the early Sunday hours. Like with DLC1 and the two vanilla runs, 100% loot/boss/zone completion. DLC2 was another surprising change of pace from the main game, and just as differentiated from DLC1 as from the vanilla game.

Brume Tower was basically what I imagined a full dungeon in the vein of DkS1's Kiln would be like. Not nearly as intricate as Shulva, but still crammed with branching paths, great loot, and clever engagements. Boss design was quite a bit better. And damn me if Raime's fine-ass Chest Armor and the titular Crown of the Old Iron King aren't great scores. As far as I can tell, the Crown of the Sunken King is almost worthless as gear, but this new one regenerates 20% of your spent spells every two minutes of real time! Holy shit!

That came in sooooo handy while hitting up the rest of DLC2's optional content, and will serve me so well once the last of the DLC trilogy arrives.

Cannot wait!

Mistel

Banned
Anway i am enjoying the game now but i have one question. WHAT THE FUCK those zombie pigs are doing in encampment? I have a stupid ass sword and they keep following me and attacking me :/ Are there anyway to get rid of them forever?
Source of red eye orbs for invasions.

Foggy

Sir Allone is mopping the floor with me.

Hang out at mid range to try and bait some of his attacks that leave an opening. It also helps to go into the boss battle without attacking and just focusing on healing and dodging. I know it helped me immeasurably as a melee/str build.

Soulhouf

Just finished the 2nd DLC and I dunno how I feel about it.
On the one hand bosses were very cool* but on the other I don't necessarily want more equipment, more weapons and whatnot. The game already has a shitload of clones.

This game is definitely quantity over quality. Instead of putting few things and polish them to the extreme, they kept rehashing ideas/enemies/bosses/items over and over again.
We reached the point where even when they put together some new cool ideas, they got lost under a pile of old stuff.
I want some unique ideas that aren't compromised, that's all.

I'm nevertheless looking forward to the 3rd DLC but it might be overkill at this point...

Fume Knight and especially Sir Alonne are probably my favorite bosses in the game period.

I'm looking for a build/weapon to change some things up in the game for me. I'm in NG+++, got all the achievements, just beat the second DLC, and all boss soul weapons.

I'd like to do a STR/HEX build if possible. I know HEX was just nerfed, is it still viable? If not a STR/Element would still be cool. Maybe a fire/greatsword or a crystal/halberd, something along those lines.

I've been playing through the game with multiple weapons (STR/Mastodon GS, Dark Chaos Blade/Hex before patch) but I always find myself going back to an uninfused greatsword, which after 2 NG's is boring.

I'm at SL 236 so I have a lot of points I can allocate. What do you guys think?

Mej, you just gave me an idea. On PC I can now and try to farm things easier than having to use a BA. I just save my current file to the cloud, then I go and try to farm the item I want. For example farming Twinkling Titanites or getting a super rare drop from a red phantom. If I get enough Twinkling or the rare drop I go on my merry way. If not, I delete the save on my computer, copy the save from the cloud and tada another chance. Clearly much more difficult than simply using a BA, but at least this way you don't have to keep re-fighting a boss in some areas.

Mistel

Banned
I'm at SL 236 so I have a lot of points I can allocate. What do you guys think?
Hexes are still very viable for an STR/INT/FTH build a dark infused crypt blacksword is ideal 266/218 split with D/D/S scaling makes good use of your stats. If that's not your cup of tea a dark infused smelter hammer has 315/308 split with B/B scaling. Because you're high level already it shouldn't be much difficulty to redistribute those points for a STR/INT/FTH build.

Hexes are still very viable for an STR/INT/FTH build a dark infused crypt blacksword is ideal 266/218 split with D/D/S scaling makes good use of your stats. If that's not your cup of tea a dark infused smelter hammer has 315/308 split with B/B scaling. Because you're high level already it shouldn't be much difficulty to redistribute those points for a STR/INT/FTH build.

This is great info, thanks! The Crypt Blacksword might be a little played out for me, but the hammer sounds great. I'm pretty sick of lightning infused/FTH builds, but are there any good flame or magic STR weapons/builds?

PS: By magic I mean crystal weapon spell builds or anything like that. Also, how's "enchanted" weapons?

Mistel

Banned
This is great info, thanks! The Crypt Blacksword might be a little played out for me, but the hammer sounds great. I'm pretty sick of lightning infused/FTH builds, but are there any good flame or magic STR weapons/builds?

PS: By magic I mean crystal weapon spell builds or anything like that. Also, how's "enchanted" weapons?
For crystal magic weapon only you could just spice it down to 10 INT and be done with it use that with something like a drakekeepers ultra greatsword which is a slightly stubbier zwei with superior damage and scaling for a magic one at max you get 231/231 split with A/E/B scaling. Enchanted works very well with some weapons other its a large investment till you outperform raw.

Pyro/STR is pretty decent as you can have warmth and some damaging pyros with something like an archdrake mace to finish of stragglers. With its fast attacks due to the halberd moveset and decent scaling at max. Or is you want to go big the drakekeeper warpick which has a similar moveset but far more damaging.

Just finished the 2nd DLC and I dunno how I feel about it.
On the one hand bosses were very cool* but on the other I don't necessarily want more equipment, more weapons and whatnot. The game already has a shitload of clones.

This game is definitely quantity over quality. Instead of putting few things and polish them to the extreme, they kept rehashing ideas/enemies/bosses/items over and over again.
We reached the point where even when they put together some new cool ideas, they got lost under a pile of old stuff.
I want some unique ideas that aren't compromised, that's all.

I'm nevertheless looking forward to the 3rd DLC but it might be overkill at this point...

Fume Knight and especially Sir Alonne are probably my favorite bosses in the game period.

The amount of clone pyromancies in this DLC is too much and their movement are so random and yes, most of the new gear in Iron King DLC is not worth it if you already upgraded your favorite weapons some are for hibrid or early builds without counting already upgraded vanilla weapons.

For Magic you can use the moonlight sword, the red iron twinblade a katana or a strike weapon using the engraved gauntlets.

For crystal magic weapon only you could just spice it down to 10 INT and be done with it use that with something like a drakekeepers ultra greatsword which is a slightly stubbier zwei with superior damage and scaling for a magic one at max you get 231/231 split with A/E/B scaling. Enchanted works very well with some weapons other its a large investment till you outperform raw.

Pyro/STR is pretty decent as you can have warmth and some damaging pyros with something like an archdrake mace to finish of stragglers. With its fast attacks due to the halberd moveset and decent scaling at max. Or is you want to go big the drakekeeper warpick which has a similar moveset but far more damaging.

For Magic you can use the moonlight sword, the red iron twinblade a katana or a strike weapon using the engraved gauntlets.

Really great info, guys. Thanks so much. As far as PVP goes, is there a certain element that the community has rendered completely useless? If I infuse something with fire or magic, am I setting myself up to fail?

Basically, I've sent the better half of 3 play sessions with a normal weapon and now I think it's time I get my red or blue lightsaber game going.

Mistel

Banned
Really great info, guys. Thanks so much. As far as PVP goes, is there a certain element that the community has rendered completely useless? If I infuse something with fire or magic, am I setting myself up to fail?
Not really if they want to profound still you you can hard counter that with a sanctum priestess tiara. There's one build that prevents all elemental damage but that's really niche and not all that common.

Top Bottom