• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Has there ever been a path to a boss worse than Smelter 2.0? Not even fun...

Ended up summoning two NPCs for the fight. Historically I've been very opposed to any summoning on a first playthrough of a Souls game. But I *really* did not want to do that run a dozen or more times. I feel less guilty about summoning for a boss if it's a bullshit one.

Fume Knight, on the other hand, I will not summon for, because I think it's an awesome fight.

Exhaust the first mobs spawns and run away the next two doors, RIP melee guys how can you deal with the rangers enemies and sometimes the nerfing mage to slow your movement joins the fight with lightning spears

ElTopo

Banned
Question: if I get the Ring of Exalted and I'm using the Red Iron Twin Blade and dual-wielding, what does it look like? Does only part of the weapon show up?

Question: if I get the Ring of Exalted and I'm using the Red Iron Twin Blade and dual-wielding, what does it look like? Does only part of the weapon show up?

I would assume if it's in your right hand inventory slot, it would be invisible. If so, the move set on that would look hilarious invisible. Suddenly, break out into dance.

ElTopo

Banned
I would assume if it's in your right hand inventory slot, it would be invisible. If so, the move set on that would look hilarious invisible. Suddenly, break out into dance.

Okay, I have something to try after the 3rd DLC is out. Just stock up on healing items, level up Armor and back up weapons, and yeah, I think I'm going to make a try for it.

are there any new twin blade items added to the dlc? also which twin blade is the best?

Not that I'm aware of. Red Iron Twin Blade is the best and one of the best weapons in the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
You didn't like the 1st DLC?
i did but the first dlc is really really good

the difficulty is much lower too with only elana being really difficult

i mean like i said before, i'm not necessarily saying it's a bad dlc or anything, it's just that the combination of "haven't played in a while", "big difficulty spike compared to the main game (which was quite easy btw)" and "ng++" is just too much to bear

i'm having 10x more fun just blasting thru the main game with my new low level character than this one which has all the weapons i can ever want and enough respecs items to try something new like ten more times

Or Artorias of the Abyss from Dark Souls 1?
i only played it on pc so it was part of the main game for me

zkylon

zkylewd
fume knight was a cool battle tho, mostly fun attacks and just overall it felt fair

my worry now is that alonne knight is kind of a bitch to get to

I finally finished my Drangleic depopulation run. The only inhabitants left I think are the stone knights near the Castle Kings Gate bonfire, the kitty cat in Majula and whatever other infinitely spawning enemies there are like in Undead Crypt.

I have no idea why I did this, there is no benefit or reason and I think this character is now at over 8M soul memory at the end of regular NG.

why.jpg

Mistel

Banned
are there any new twin blade items added to the dlc? also which twin blade is the best?
Red iron twinblade is unmatched by any other twinblade. Stone is probably the second best.
I finally finished my Drangleic depopulation run. The only inhabitants left I think are the stone knights near the Castle Kings Gate bonfire, the kitty cat in Majula and whatever other infinitely spawning enemies there are like in Undead Crypt.

I have no idea why I did this, there is no benefit or reason and I think this character is now at over 8M soul memory at the end of regular NG.

why.jpg
The cat can't die it does have unused content where it could but not in the game as is. Any interesting population numbers?

zkylon

zkylewd

why.jpg

that's hilarious

you have saved drangleic

too bad you'll be the monarch of no one

The cat can't die it does have unused content where it could but not in the game as is. Any interesting population numbers?
Yeah I knew the cat couldn't die. I couldn't get the stone soldiers in the upper room in the castle to despawn. The one at the top of the ladder. I probably killed them about 30-40 times at least, I seem to remember being able to depopulate that room but I guess not (or they patched it because you need at least one left to activate the golem).

I also had loads of weird enemy loading bugs in the Gutter which I did last. I would rest at the bonfire or aged feather back and some enemies that didn't spawn on the previous run or two would be back. And some loading glitches with the explody guy on the second bridge, I'd see his character model stood on the bridge as I rode down the zipline but when I landed he would disappear. Strange!

Other than that it was a huge waste of time, lol!

After 30 straight invasions of nothing but backstab fishing dagger builds, people sprinting away to heal, buffed straight swords, vacuum-style backstabs, and a holy fucking hell of a lot of lag, I am finally broken. Thanks a lot, Souls community, you finally made me want to just give up and uninstall the game!

A one-hit-KO frontstab that sucked me in like a tractor beam from across the Iron Keep bridge is what finally pushed me over the edge. I hit Alt+F4 before the "YOU DIED" message had even popped up, which I've never done before in online play but I had just had enough.

I think I'll take a break from this game until the next DLC.

Ruuppa

After 30 straight invasions of nothing but backstab fishing dagger builds, people sprinting away to heal, buffed straight swords, vacuum-style backstabs, and a holy fucking hell of a lot of lag, I am finally broken. Thanks a lot, Souls community, you finally made me want to just give up and uninstall the game!

A one-hit-KO frontstab that sucked me in like a tractor beam from across the Iron Keep bridge is what finally pushed me over the edge. I hit Alt+F4 before the "YOU DIED" message had even popped up, which I've never done before in online play but I had just had enough.

Backstab fishers are the scum of the earth. Oo, I could learn to play the game, but circlestrafing and only attacking when I'm behind my opponent is so much *fun*!

Add lag/netcode to that and it's even better. What irks me is that the backstab confirmation punch will work regardless of where it hits you, as long as it hits you. So facestabs.

Wait, why do some of the dead giants in the Giant Lord memory have creepy Venom like faces (just saw it in a stream)? Every live giant you see in DS2 has just a hole where their face should be...

Old assets, easter egg, lore point?

Mistel

Banned
Wait, why do some of the dead giants in the Giant Lord memory have creepy Venom like faces (just saw it in a stream)? Every live giant you see in DS2 has just a hole where their face should be...

Old assets, easter egg, lore point?
These ones:
8h6mEAl.jpg
Are old assets I think, there is concept art for giants with faces like that.

I had never seen those models since I usually run through the memories (you know, the time limit), the only weird thing I've seen is a giant flying through the sky and it wasn't even in my own game.

I had never seen those models since I usually run through the memories (you know, the time limit), the only weird thing I've seen is a giant flying through the sky and it wasn't even in my own game.

lolwut?

Was it thrown into the air by one of the fireballs or something in the Giant Lord memory?

Also, yeah, the memories would have been so much better without the time limits. And if the giants weren't such a pain to fight.

lolwut?

Was it thrown into the air by one of the fireballs or something in the Giant Lord memory?

Also, yeah, the memories would have been so much better without the time limits. And if the giants weren't such a pain to fight.

DLC memories have no time limit woot.

i mean like i said before, i'm not necessarily saying it's a bad dlc or anything, it's just that the combination of "haven't played in a while", "big difficulty spike compared to the main game (which was quite easy btw)" and "ng++" is just too much to bear

i'm having 10x more fun just blasting thru the main game with my new low level character than this one which has all the weapons i can ever want and enough respecs items to try something new like ten more times

I agree, my sorcerer entered artorias DLC in NG+ it was brutal for me, I have no chance because the bosses were already buffed with extra magic defense so it was not fun to me. That why I put my main sorcerer in DS still in NG to enjoy the DLC propertly and later on jump to NG+ to be instant killed everywhere.

You could put on ironclad or jesters, although it sucks having to wear something that may go against your build, only way now since they really ruined the Gowers Ring. Increasing its weight and making it so it reduces damage that's just too much. I only disagree with BS fishing during arenas though. When it's an invasions(with the exception of RSS) I say anything to stay alive goes(exlcuding hacking & cheating, of course). So running away, healing, Seed of Gaints, BS fishing, etc I find are all acceptable. Lag isn't usually their fault, so hard to penalize someone for that.

why.jpg

Holy crap. You're a murderer! That place was their home and you just made them no longer exist ;~;. The NPCs trusted you, and you betrayed them, the poor Harold, all she wanted for you was to succeed. I'm looking way too much into this...

One time I had it where I shot a giant with my soul spear, and as I was about to shoot my second one he fell on his ass :/. Also backstabbed a giant once, but it was more like an assstab due to the height difference.

ilium

I always liked the idea that the giants in DS2 are actually from lordran.
Vendrick stole the Soul Vessel and the Lords of Anor Londo are trying to get it back.
It has been long disproven i think but it's still my headcanon.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I feel like this game gives to a lot less twinkling titanite. Also I dont like the idea of bonfire ascetics being needed to get super rare armor sets off of enemies that only respawn once. Just seems like lame design. But then again limited respawns is kind of a dumb mechanics too. Sad too because I got every item in DkS1 except the dumb fucking ghost blade.

I feel like this game gives to a lot less twinkling titanite. Also I dont like the idea of bonfire ascetics being needed to get super rare armor sets off of enemies that only respawn once. Just seems like lame design. But then again limited respawns is kind of a dumb mechanics too. Sad too because I got every item in DkS1 except the dumb fucking ghost blade.

You can farm Twinkling from the enemies in Shrine of Amana. Be sure to wear Jester Cap, Gold Serpent Ring +2 and Prisoners Tatters to help the drop. I kinda love and hate the no respawn. Makes it hard as shit to farm some items, but also makes it less of an annoyance to get to a boss. I hardly got upset dying to the boss, I just hated the run back. Not because the enemies were difficult, just because it was such a time waster. Guess it's jsut me though, I love bonfires in front of bosses heh.

NEO0MJ

Twinkling became rarer because dragon bones can be used to upgrade boss weapons. At least, that's my theory.

Top Bottom