• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Still based on the Demons Souls boss, hence the term "re-used asset". Obviously they changed it up unlike Blue Smelter.

Thats not what reusing assets means. Like I assume you think Sinh and Elana are like Kalameet and Nasandra, when those fights are completely different, unlike someone like the blue smelter demon, to the point where its stupid to even hold that against the boss. Im also not sure who the other boss in Iron King is "reused" because the closest thing to either Alonne or Fume is Artorias and he is very different from those two in pretty much every important manner.

ilium

i'm on ps3 but put down my sign at the entrance to the third DLC anyway, and got summoned heh. ended up in the area with those ponys. wasn't so bad at first actually, but on our way to the last house we got ganked by 3 at once and that was is then...
really digging the snow storm, we lost our way once, gave me a huge being-on-adventure vibe.

is the DLC out on japanese PSN already or was i playing with a hacker?

SoldnerKei

i'm on ps3 but put down my sign at the entrance to the third DLC anyway, and got summoned heh. ended up in the area with those ponys. wasn't so bad at first actually, but on our way to the last house we got ganked by 3 at once and that was is then...
really digging the snow storm, we lost our way once, gave me a huge being-on-adventure vibe.

is the DLC out on japanese PSN already or was i playing with a hacker?

iirc, you can play the dlc map if you get summoned by someone who has bought the dlc, so that way you can kind of preview the dlc for yourself

NEO0MJ

Spoiler tagging would be cool, as in mentioning why they are enemies.

After you defeat the first boss they'll turn aggressive and try to backstab you with daggers. If you want to farm their armor set it might be a good idea to do that now.

AHA-Lambda

urgh,
burnt ivory king
is kicking my ass right now, adn I'm running out of effigies, so quick question:

How does the altar at Shrine of Amana work? The doors are open to me and one girl is sitting there praying, and I'm pretty damn sure I didn't kill any of them. Is there anything I need to do to get it to work?

NEO0MJ

How does the altar at Shrine of Amana work? The doors are open to me and one girl is sitting there praying, and I'm pretty damn sure I didn't kill any of them. Is there anything I need to do to get it to work?

You have to have zero human effigies for it to work.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
urgh,
burnt ivory king
is kicking my ass right now, adn I'm running out of effigies, so quick question:

Be out of effigies

strafer

Woooo! Just got Havels armor. After dying from those pesky Elite Giants I just bought a shitload of Poison arrows and cheesed my way. :p

But boy does it weigh a ton....and that shield needs 45 Strength. :O

Levyne

Banned
Not looking forward to the outskirts tonight with these impressions. Though I suppose you can always just kill the horse things enough so that they stop spawning..

Haunted

FFFF so close to beating the boss in the outskirts. Got caught out while changing weapons - I went through 3 (three!) weapons in the run to that area. I really need that Bracing Knuckle Ring, didn't pick one up on this character for some reason.

oy vey that was a real heartbreaker, taking a break for now

How many ruins do I have to get through in the outskirts?

zkylon

zkylewd
At least getting to the crown boss is way easier.

Haven't tried the rest of the area. Maybe tomorrow.
The optional area of the DLC is one of the hardest, if not the hardest, area in the game. At least on your first time through.

thanks

tbh i didn't even bothered with the optional bosses in iron king so i might skip these too if they're too hard

i dunno what is it about them but i didn't enjoy their difficulty too much

prolly that they're just crowd control arenas and i'm more interested in exploration than combat

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Who's with me for Winter Souls? Ariamis and DLC3 rock (Frigid Outskirts isn't much fun to play, but it's visually really cool) and I'd love to see a full game in that kind of snowy setting.

Final boss is Cless Santier, the original owner of Santier's spear, the gift that keeps on giving.

Wanna give this another play-through now that I haven't touched it in months.

So, what's the consensus on character builds? I remember when the game came out people were arguing about whether magic users were OP or useless, seems like nobody could agree.

I've never made a Pyro character before- is that an effective strategy? How should I spec my character to make it effective in pyro? What are the advantages to using Pyro over Magic or Miracles?

AngryMoth

50 of these things, really? It's not even a common drop! Haven't had a summon yet with more than one knight...

Also random lore musing on the dlc ending,
since the crowns stop you going hollow does that mean you have effectively been cured of the curse? Which is like, the whole reason for your quest!

Mistel

Banned
Wanna give this another play-through now that I haven't touched it in months.

So, what's the consensus on character builds? I remember when the game came out people were arguing about whether magic users were OP or useless, seems like nobody could agree.

I've never made a Pyro character before- is that an effective strategy? How should I spec my character to make it effective in pyro? What are the advantages to using Pyro over Magic or Miracles?
STR best investment with pretty much everything sorcery is still pretty unbalanced with regards to melee.

Pyro is pretty good for a hybrid or just pure. Pyro has the advantage of no stat requirements with some reasonably strong things comes in hand.

You'd want like 30/30 INT/FTH if you want to male the most of fire BNS and as many attunement slots as you want.

Beat all but the optional boss. Love the setting of the DLC having a blast invading it. Cool weapons, armors, and rings too. The boss battles were fun.

From did a great job with this game. Here is my NG+ Level 50 PvP Monster.
wq7ds5H.png

STR best investment with pretty much everything sorcery is still pretty unbalanced with regards to melee.

Pyro is pretty good for a hybrid or just pure. Pyro has the advantage of no stat requirements with some reasonably strong things comes in hand.

You'd want like 30/30 INT/FTH if you want to male the most of fire BNS and as many attunement slots as you want.

Thanks!

Top Bottom