• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

NEO0MJ

Rather pleased with myself...
Managed to convince a player without the priestess eye not to rush to Avaa and instead explore the rest of the place. Gave him/her the whole tour and we eventually came back to Avaa. A shame though as I died midway during the fight because I became too stingy with my remaining estus.

image.php

Damn, I am lost or stuck. I collected what I think is a key item for the DLC
Eye of the Priestess
, but don't know what to do with it.

I beat the first boss
Aava, Pet of the king
or something like that but the area after that is blocked off in Ice, along with many other areas. Not sure what I'm supposed to do right now.

Jaeger

Damn, I am lost or stuck. I collected what I think is a key item for the DLC
Eye of the Priestess
, but don't know what to do with it.

I beat the first boss
Aava, Pet of the king
or something like that but the area after that is blocked off in Ice, along with many other areas. Not sure what I'm supposed to do right now.

The Eye allows you to see Aava, and a few other enemies in another part of the stage. Continue on from where you fought Aava and eventually you will meet up with a character that after speaking with, will melt all the ice.

The Eye allows you to see Aava, and a few other enemies in another part of the stage. Continue on from where you fought Aava and eventually you will meet up with a character that after speaking with, will melt all the ice.

Thanks, I will try there again. Maybe I am blind and totally missed it.

sarcoa

I posted this two pages back but no one's claimed it yet. I still have a Steam code for Crown of the Old Iron King. First quoted reply gets a PM.

Sothpaw

Catching up on the DLC's now. Beat Sunken King no problem. Smelter 2.0 no problem. But man the Fume Knight is fucking me up. I have beaten every boss in every Souls game, and I have to say none has ever given me trouble like this guy. Maybe I need to respec out of my faith build or something. Or just keep pounding away until he finally decides to die.

NEO0MJ

Catching up on the DLC's now. Beat Sunken King no problem. Smelter 2.0 no problem. But man the Fume Knight is fucking me up. I have beaten every boss in every Souls game, and I have to say none has ever given me trouble like this guy. Maybe I need to respec out of my faith build or something. Or just keep pounding away until he finally decides to die.

Fume Knight forces a lot of people to change how they approach boss fights, as a lot of old tricks don't work so well on him. Make sure you're rather light so you can dodge him easier and don't circle around him too much.

Sothpaw

Fume Knight forces a lot of people to change how they approach boss fights, as a lot of old tricks don't work so well on him. Make sure you're rather light so you can dodge him easier and don't circle around him too much.

No kidding. My old strat of cast sunlight blade and go ham doesn't work on him worth a damn.

I must be going crazy.

I could have sworn that I purchased the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass when it was announced but I have no DLC associated with my Steam account and I don't have it at GMG either (the only other place I buy Steam stuff). What have I been thinking?! Ugh, a search through gmail turns up nothing as well.

Ruuppa

The bosses of Ivory King also make people change their strats a lot.
They change targets on a dime, and makes it really hard to keep a grasp on who they're aggroing. You really need to keep an eye on all the enemies in a bossfight so as not to get surprise-stabbed from behind.

SoldnerKei

so, out of curiosity, how is the dlc for a STR/FTH crypt blacksword build? just a few hours to play this dlc, at least that crown looks pretty

Haunted

I really hate the face and skin of the character I made, but the crown buff is just too good to pass up.

The armors in this are beautiful.
Yes!

I went through all the armour I got to get rid of my doubles and the amount of unique and awesomely designed sets is just staggering. Heads and shoulders above the other Souls games, and most RPGs in general, actually.

JustinBB7

Screw it, done for today. The run to this fucking boss is ridiculous. I've never rage quit in DS2 prior to these fucking outskirts.

Been trying for about 4 hours now total I think. Some of the enemies on the way have de-spawned I believe.

I almost got him, but I had no estus left and panicked too much while he had 20/30% health left he got me.
the smaller one, I even fully killed the big one :(

Jaeger

I have not got all the loot yet (at work until midnight), but based on images/video I'm coming across the following will get all my attention;

Bone Fist
Eleum Loyce
Curved Nil Greatsword

Rampart Golem Set
Charred Loyce Set
Ivory King Set
Loyce Set
Rampart Golem Set

Honestly, everything looks great.

Zocano

I return from my hiding. Didn't want ANYTHING spoiled so I bailed.

Finished the DLC (or at least most of it) and got the last crown.

There isn't a real ending is there? ):
Vendrick says "Seek Strength and the rest will follow", I'm thinking there is still something to find.

Braag

Fuck the Outskirts... fuck that place. I wonder what was going on through their head when they decided to add infinite amount of annoying horses there along with the extremely bad visibility. That place pisses me off in ways no other place in the DS series ever has.

Uzzy

Been having some thoughts about the effect you get from having all four crowns. While I don't think the ingame effects are that impressive really, it is rather interesting lore wise. Being able to
completely resist the effects of the curse, i.e, you no longer hollow out
is pretty unique.

Vendrick says "Seek Strength and the rest will follow", I'm thinking there is still something to find.

Could just be more of Dark Souls 2's typical cryptic nonsense bullshit. Saying things to sound mysterious but really no substance to it at all.

And I backhanded Maldron the Assassin off the cliff in the Iron Crown dlc. I only wish he'd fallen further.

Levyne

Banned
Ugh, got really far into the Outskirts, got a "
ring of the living
", but ended up going in circles, and it seems like the reindeer keep coming :(

Been having some thoughts about the effect you get from having all four crowns. While I don't think the ingame effects are that impressive really, it is rather interesting lore wise. Being able to
completely resist the effects of the curse, i.e, you no longer hollow out
is pretty unique.
you actually becomes a greatsoul/dark soul until you get hunger like vendrik

Goddamn this stupid Outskirts boss! I put my sign down and even between the host and I it was super tough. Specific boss spoilers follow:

When that second tiger goes into angry mode you'd better hope you have a high DPS weapon, my Drakewing UGS was doing shit-all. Between each swing it would gain back like 3/4 of the damage it took. I had to take out my dagger and R1 spam the shit out of it to kill it while the host was pelting it with arrows.

put your signs down outside the boss door in the Outskirts pls ;-;

Just got the weapon reskin from the Majula Chest. It's a
Blue Longsword that looks like the moonlight blade.
. If you start in Majula you need to leave it then come back or use a bonfire for it to show up.

Sothpaw

So after spending all damn night trying to kill the Fume Knight, I found a post on gamefaqs that recommended using the Pharros Mask and the Flame Quartz Ring +3. I do that and kill him in one shot...fml.

No new ending, but now if you wear any of the crowns you are impervious to hollowing.

Some people on /r/darksouls2 made an interesting comment. It's basically you finally finding the solution that everybody came to Drangleic in the first place for (a way to stop the hollowing process.

Frigid Outskirts - fun to run through the first time! After that...not so much.

Levyne

Banned
Finally beat the optional boss!

fuck yeah

Edit: Looks like I have all of the "on-the-ground" items except for the
Mirrah Hat?
I don't care about the farm drops but would like to pick that up. Where is it at?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Finally beat the optional boss!

fuck yeah

Edit: Looks like I have all of the "on-the-ground" items except for the
Mirrah Hat?
I don't care about the farm drops but would like to pick that up. Where is it at?

Outskirts, second or third ruins on a corpse

Top Bottom